Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24813564 -

ballsalsa said:
I don't know about destroying western civilization, but if I wanted to curtail civil liberties, and I didn't think Americans would go for it, the first thing I would do is import some folks from places without any significant civil liberties.  They're already used to it, and will be grateful for any small improvement over whatever shithole they came from.



:whathesaid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalization [Re: Bubbles85] * 2
    #24813695 -

I love how being "anti-fascism" is now literally considered a radical crazy opinion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: Bubbles85]
    #24813700 -

Bubbles85 said:
In the UK, I've never seen any thing but Caucasians working on farms. In fact 98.6% of farmers in Britain are white.

We get the same "but the British wont do those jobs" narrative here too. I don't buy it. Just an excuse.



In Canada it varies by region and job, but Canadians of European descent are well represented (especially harvesting crops). Most of the harvesting is piece-work (although you are guaranteed at least minimum hourly wage) and it can actually be a great opportunity for quick cash if you know how to work.

Some regions and jobs are shittier than others (Ontario farmworkers especially), and do not follow basic labour standards. I think up here those highly-exploited workers most often end up being temporary workers from the Caribbean, Mexico, Guatemala, the Philippines and Thailand who toil in fields across Canada without the possibility of applying for permanent residency, health care or basic labour rights. You will almost never see a Canadian resident of any ethnicity working these jobs.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: Bubbles85]
    #24813851 -

Bubbles85 said:
In the UK, I've never seen any thing but Caucasians working on farms. In fact 98.6% of farmers in Britain are white.

We get the same "but the British wont do those jobs" narrative here too. I don't buy it. Just an excuse.



got a source for that statistic?

I've worked on a couple of farms in the UK and mainly worked with people of colour -  Nepalese, Vietnamese, Afghan and Iraqi- and quite often Eastern Europeans.

True, the UK farming situation isn't as extreme a divide as the US farming situation - maybe its because of our geographic position. Nationally I imagine it is largely white people working on farms but that doesn't mean they aren't otherised and exploited groups. Eastern European people, often Romanian, have been used as near slave labour in the UK. I don't think I've come across white British people doing the shitty jobs on a farm.


--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24813873 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Why does big business care about the cost of labor if they just pass it on to the consumer?  Food will be sold regardless of cost because it's a necessity.

I think Government wants immigrants more than big business to keep food prices down.  Especially since Americans won't do the work.



You're only discussing one aspect of immigration into the US labor market, illegals work in many other industries and that keeps wages for all US citizens suppressed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24813887 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Farm workers have to be paid minimum wage, and I've never seen a Caucasian working on a farm.  :shrug:



My mother did farm work her whole childhood and made very good wages, my estimate it was around $15-17 cash per hour in today's money.

I did farm work in my early teens, it didn't pay as well, but many did it.  This narrative that US citizens won't do the work is total nonsense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalization [Re: Bubbles85] * 1
    #24813891 -

Bubbles85 said:
you've started a thread about Internet Radicalization, whilst openly supporting groups like Antifa. Do you not see the irony?



Kryptos said:
I love how being "anti-fascism" is now literally considered a radical crazy opinion.



@Bubbles, What is radical?

Those at standing rock are labeled as radical for wanting to maintain the environment, access to clean drinking water, and to reject industries that science tells us is destroying the global climate.
I'm apparently radical because I am anti-fascist, anti-racist and socialist.
I'm also apparently radical because I defend the outright demonisation and dehumanisation of Muslims. Repeatedly, I'm called a terrorist sympathiser.
BLM are labelled as radical extremists for suggesting that black lives matter.
The white rose resistance group against hitler were also radical.

Frankly, I think if you aren't even a little radical in this world, then something is wrong.

I'd be fine if you want to criticise certain activities of antifascist groups but you seem to outright reject them as a whole. If only you were as vocal about the Nazis. Did you see what happened in Liverpool? Maybe you would prefer these groups are not met with any opposition?

from Wikipedia..
Quote:
Radicalization (or radicalisation) is a process by which an individual, or group comes to adopt increasingly extreme political, social, or religious ideals and aspirations that reject or undermine the status quo[1] or undermine contemporary ideas and expressions of the nation. The outcomes of radicalization are shaped by the ideas of the society at large; for example, radicalism can originate from a broad social consensus against progressive changes in society or from a broad desire for change in society. Radicalization can be both violent and nonviolent




--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: qman] * 2
    #24813895 -

qman said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Farm workers have to be paid minimum wage, and I've never seen a Caucasian working on a farm.  :shrug:



My mother did farm work her whole childhood and made very good wages, my estimate it was around $15-17 cash per hour in today's money.

I did farm work in my early teens, it didn't pay as well, but many did it.  This narrative that US citizens won't do the work is total nonsense.



The average burger flipper 30 years ago made 17.65$/hr in today's wages.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: Tipote] * 1
    #24814276 -

Tipote said:
Bubbles85 said:
In the UK, I've never seen any thing but Caucasians working on farms. In fact 98.6% of farmers in Britain are white.

We get the same "but the British wont do those jobs" narrative here too. I don't buy it. Just an excuse.



got a source for that statistic?

I've worked on a couple of farms in the UK and mainly worked with people of colour -  Nepalese, Vietnamese, Afghan and Iraqi- and quite often Eastern Europeans.



Here's a source:

Quote:
Table 12: Origins of agricultural labour in the UK

Origin        No.      %
UK          5,632    16%
A8        17,280    49%
A2        11,132    32%
Other        958      3%

Source: (University of Liverpool and NUS 2008).


A8 - Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia
A2 - Bulgaria and Romania



So only 16% are of UK origin.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: qman] * 2
    #24814298 -

qman said:
illegals work in many other industries and that keeps wages for all US citizens suppressed.



No immigrants doesn't keep wages low for "ALL" US citizens; only citizens who are high school dropouts (per your only source of evidence on this) and the impact on that group appears to be nominal.

Quit make believing facts to justify your bigotry.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24814332 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Tipote said:
Bubbles85 said:
In the UK, I've never seen any thing but Caucasians working on farms. In fact 98.6% of farmers in Britain are white.

We get the same "but the British wont do those jobs" narrative here too. I don't buy it. Just an excuse.



got a source for that statistic?

I've worked on a couple of farms in the UK and mainly worked with people of colour -  Nepalese, Vietnamese, Afghan and Iraqi- and quite often Eastern Europeans.



Here's a source:

Quote:
Table 12: Origins of agricultural labour in the UK

Origin        No.      %
UK          5,632    16%
A8        17,280    49%
A2        11,132    32%
Other        958      3%

Source: (University of Liverpool and NUS 2008).


A8 - Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia
A2 - Bulgaria and Romania



So only 16% are of UK origin.



97% white according to your source. I have one that shows 98.4% that I'll post when I have access to my computer. Note that I said I've only seen Caucasians working on farms in the UK and nothing about Nationality. Amazing how tip has only worked with people of colour on UK farms though given those statistics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24814453 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
qman said:
illegals work in many other industries and that keeps wages for all US citizens suppressed.



No immigrants doesn't keep wages low for "ALL" US citizens; only citizens who are high school dropouts (per your only source of evidence on this) and the impact on that group appears to be nominal.

Quit make believing facts to justify your bigotry.



It has nothing to do with "bigotry", my Polish ancestors did the same thing to the existing US population at the time, they lowered wages by creating a larger pool of labor, it has NOTHING to do with race or culture, it's called basic economics.

I can assure you they didn't invite my Polish ancestors for cultural enrichment, it's always about the money. The same applies to both illegal and legal immigration today.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: qman] * 3
    #24814499 -

qman said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
qman said:
illegals work in many other industries and that keeps wages for all US citizens suppressed.



No immigrants doesn't keep wages low for "ALL" US citizens; only citizens who are high school dropouts (per your only source of evidence on this) and the impact on that group appears to be nominal.

Quit make believing facts to justify your bigotry.



It has nothing to do with "bigotry", my Polish ancestors did the same thing to the existing US population at the time, they lowered wages by creating a larger pool of labor, it has NOTHING to do with race or culture, it's called basic economics.

I can assure you they didn't invite my Polish ancestors for cultural enrichment, it's always about the money. The same applies to both illegal and legal immigration today.



So...now that you've abused the loophole, you want to close it so others can't have the same opportunities that your ancestors took advantage of.

Seems legit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: Kryptos] * 2
    #24814509 -

Nevermind trying to equate the economic situation of 1930 with that of today.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: Kryptos]
    #24814533 -

Kryptos said:
qman said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
qman said:
illegals work in many other industries and that keeps wages for all US citizens suppressed.



No immigrants doesn't keep wages low for "ALL" US citizens; only citizens who are high school dropouts (per your only source of evidence on this) and the impact on that group appears to be nominal.

Quit make believing facts to justify your bigotry.



It has nothing to do with "bigotry", my Polish ancestors did the same thing to the existing US population at the time, they lowered wages by creating a larger pool of labor, it has NOTHING to do with race or culture, it's called basic economics.

I can assure you they didn't invite my Polish ancestors for cultural enrichment, it's always about the money. The same applies to both illegal and legal immigration today.



So...now that you've abused the loophole, you want to close it so others can't have the same opportunities that your ancestors took advantage of.

Seems legit.



"now that you've abused the loophole"

Immigrating legally wasn't abusing any loophole, they also had jobs waiting, that can't he said for most immigrants today.  Also, there were no social safety nets back then, they didn't burden the existing population like immigrants do today, that's a huge difference.

"you want to close it so others can't have the same opportunities"

If there's a shortage of labor, we can always open it back up again, but that's not the case today.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #24814538 -

The Ecstatic said:
Nevermind trying to equate the economic situation of 1930 with that of today.



Technology and outsourcing has killed tens of millions of US jobs, why would you want more people competing for whatever is left over?  It makes no sense unless you're in the top .01 of 1%.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: qman] * 1
    #24814557 -

qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
Nevermind trying to equate the economic situation of 1930 with that of today.



Technology and outsourcing has killed tens of millions of US jobs, why would you want more people competing for whatever is left over?  It makes no sense unless you're in the top .01 of 1%.



I dont want people to have to compete at all. The sooner we stop trying to play musical chairs with humanity, the sooner we can work together.

Or. We can just wall our country off and sleep soundly as half of the world dies at our hands.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #24814567 -

The Ecstatic said:
qman said:
The Ecstatic said:
Nevermind trying to equate the economic situation of 1930 with that of today.



Technology and outsourcing has killed tens of millions of US jobs, why would you want more people competing for whatever is left over?  It makes no sense unless you're in the top .01 of 1%.



I dont want people to have to compete at all. The sooner we stop trying to play musical chairs with humanity, the sooner we can work together.

Or. We can just wall our country off and sleep soundly as half of the world dies at our hands.



"I don't want people to have to compete at all"

Well, that's fantasyland at this moment in time.

"as half of the world dies at our hands"

I have no idea what you're talking about. The rest of the world is going to march on regardless of our immigration laws.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: qman]
    #24814623 -

qman said:
"I don't want people to have to compete at all"

Well, that's fantasyland at this moment in time.



Much as I wanna change it, he's right, and he will be right for the forseeable future. Until some kind of cataclysm kills a bunch of rich people. Half the world starving to death won't change anything, as long as it's the poor half. It's like the modern slavery in Africa thing that's been in the news a bit lately. Harvey kills 30 and takes up three weeks of news, Maria kills more, but they're poor Puerto Ricans, so technically US citizens, but not mainland so we care for only about a week, but now there's proof of about 30,000 modern slaves in some African country, and I read about it two days ago and already forgot the name of the country. The article was literally titled "Why doesn't the world care about poor Africans?" or something to that effect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Internet radicalisation [Re: qman] * 1
    #24814697 -

qman said:
If there's a shortage of labor, we can always open it back up again, but that's not the case today.



You should Google statements like that before make believing them to justify your bigotry.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* France Bans Laypeople From Reporting Violence...
( 1 2 3 all )
lonestar2004 4,117 56 03/11/07 07:51 AM
by fireworks_god
* The internet is still threatened Visionary Tools 805 7 08/08/08 12:48 PM
by The_Red_Crayon
* Media News vs. Internet News - No Wonder People Are Confused ekomstop 529 1 09/29/04 12:13 PM
by Crobih
* Will McCain get Swift boated?
( 1 2 all )
SirTripAlot 2,612 26 02/21/08 01:50 PM
by zappaisgod
* More Islamocrazies in your own back yard!!! More violence Luddite 418 1 09/29/07 07:24 AM
by Luddite
* For Muslim Who Says Violence Destroys Islam, Violent Threats downforpot 1,122 13 03/13/06 11:51 AM
by mack_tasticlies
* US Casaulty List for Camp Falcon Leaked. Over 300 casualties!!!
( 1 2 all )
The_Red_Crayon 3,143 30 08/16/07 03:34 PM
by The_Red_Crayon
* Nato soldiers astounded at the amount of Afghani violence. The_Red_Crayon 447 1 10/21/06 05:16 PM
by sleepy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
10,073 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 103 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.