Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Loc: CA
We were robbed...
    #2448680 - 03/18/04 07:04 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

the scene keeps playing over and over again in my head. i get out of the shower, eat my breakfast, pick up my backpack, and get ready to go into the garage so I can get into the car and leave for school. but when i get into the garage, there are already people in there...people that aren't supposed to be in there...people that i don't know, and they are breaking into my dad's car and stealing his things, as well as ripping apart everything in my garage and taking things.

i scream "hey!! what are you doing?? GET OUT!!" the 2 guys see me, and start running out of my garage. they have my dad's breifcase in their hands (with his cell and wallet inside), my brother's old toys and golfclubs, and the present i got Maren for her birthday. my brother came out into the garage and screamed "hey!! that's my stuff!" i had to hold him back out of fear that they would hurt him.

my parents were in the other room, but i told my brother to go inside and call the police and tell mom and dad that we were being robbed. one of the men ran down the street, while another one got into a black jeep. i screamed that i was calling the police...and the one getting into the car turned around and said, "we'll fucking come back for you."

i stopped in my tracks. he told me he'd come back for me. i got down the license plate number, but it was a stolen car. the police can't catch them. my dad's things are gone, his windows are broken, and my family is in danger. and this is all because we left our garage open for 2 minutes.

what i don't understand is WHY. WHY steal from my family? what did we do? why does such stupid shit happen to families that don't deserve it? why did I have to be the one that was threatened? what motivates people to instill such paralyzing fear in people?

i hope the police catch those fucking bastards.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: We were robbed... [Re: LeViTY]
    #2448698 - 03/18/04 07:08 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

stealing is pretty low, it sucks so many people are fucking thieves. I think of all the people i know that have lost entire cd collections because of petty theives. I think thats the lowest. Cd collections are such a great reflection of someones personality and put together through time and money and love, i hate that shit.

anyways, i wouldnt' worry about them coming back, they are probably some pussys.

I hope they catch them.

:heart:

stealing is also really really bad karma. Being a taker and taking constantly is worse than you could imagine :O so they will get it coming back to them eventually.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Edited by Jenny (03/18/04 07:12 PM)

Anonymous #1

#2448699 - 03/18/04 07:09 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

:crying: sorry to hear about that jacki...

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
    #2448703 - 03/18/04 07:09 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

That really sucks. I feel for you, I have been robbed at gunpoint before, its rather unpleasant, and the worst feeling is the possibility that they may come back. IMO I think its doubtful that they would come back as they know you called the cops, and that they would have a greater chance of getting busted. I dont know how you feel about guns, but in your case they could do more harm than good, you might want to invest in the very least a cheap shotgun. If you dont want a gun at least keep a bat handy, the phone too might be a good idea. But I seriously doubt you have anything to worry about. Just keep a watchful eye out. Getting robbed can be very tramautic. Sorry to hear about it.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2448724 - 03/18/04 07:15 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

what i don't understand is WHY. WHY steal from my family? what did we do? why does such stupid shit happen to families that don't deserve it? why did I have to be the one that was threatened? what motivates people to instill such paralyzing fear in people?

Stealing is a very impersonal crime. People steal from you not because of what you've done, but because of what you have. I doubt they'll really come back for you. They probably just wanted to make you feel scared to call the cops. But nonetheless, I'd recommend some extra safety precautions, such as keeping the door locked at all times and not having the garage door open. I've had my car stereo stolen before, and it sucks, especially knowing that they'll never be able to find out who did it. But the best thing you can do is take a deep breath, cut your losses, and let go, because worrying about it isn't going to get you your property back. Sorry to hear about your loss.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2448727 - 03/18/04 07:16 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

doubt you were singled out, probably just a crime of opportunity because you had your garage open at the wrong time (do you have nice cars in there?) people are greedy and lazy and generally don't care about others sadly they just want money or material things without having to work for it themselves, why buy what you can steal mentality. when stuff like this happens it's usually not so much the money but them stealing your sence of security, not feeling safe in your own fuckin home which sucks, my place has been broken into before but not while i was there luckly. i doubt those guys will bother you again and just threatned you to buy sometime to get away, hope you feel better about things and don't dwell on it. karma will catch up to them, don't waste your time in angst.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: We were robbed... [Re: silversoul7]
    #2448731 - 03/18/04 07:17 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

haha damn typing at the same time :tongue:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2448765 - 03/18/04 07:22 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

stats are in your favor

Most often criminals do not make a repeat appearance to the scene of a previous crime, according to the cops who showed up at my house when it was robbed back in the day.

I feel your pain, and your anxiety. I hate the feeling that your security has been compromised.

Like i said, the stats are in your favor, and i hope the police are very aware of the threat made to your safety.

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #2448938 - 03/18/04 07:53 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

o_O

Anonymous #1

Re: We were robbed... [Re: John]
    #2448988 - 03/18/04 08:05 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

i think thieves are lazy too,make it hard for them,if it works up a sweat to get in to steal they'll give it a miss.
i met these junkies who every morning would steal a van,then go and rob houses in groups of about 6 all day,the fuckers even got up early to do it.these people lived day to day and it all went up their arms,if they put that much effort in a proper job they would be set for life!
sorry to hear levity,does your dad have a gun?

InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Loc: CA
Re: We were robbed... [Re: ]
    #2449093 - 03/18/04 08:29 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

No, he's totally against them.

Anonymous #1

#2449108 - 03/18/04 08:33 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

oh well never mind

OfflineSYCOdelik
Trippy
Male

Loc: where am i again?
    #2449210 - 03/18/04 08:55 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

That sucks man.
If that happened to me I woulda pulled out my shank

And stabed the mother fuckers.

--------------------

~Life is one long ride, make it the best ride you can.

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#2449975 - 03/18/04 11:57 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

best you can do is tell your neighbors and everyone around that area the description of what the burgalars looked like so you can have a neighborhood watch sort of.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #2450465 - 03/19/04 01:53 AM (20 years, 14 days ago)

get a big dog & a shotgun.. works for me.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: Usa
    #2455378 - 03/20/04 06:56 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

last year the day before thanksgiving, my girls truck got stolen from her school lot, on thanksgiving day at like 11:30pm the cops called and said they found the truck. the next day we go to look at her truck, and theres no lock on my driver side door and my radios gone. mother fuckin sonofabitch i was super pissed. her truck was jacked by the way...no windows, tires, speakers...just a homless guy with some empty soup cans tryin to stay out of the rain......after a while i calmed down and tried to think positive about the thief at least havin a nice thanksgiving with the money he got for all the free shit he just got, but i'm sure they pissed it away on booze n' crack n' shit

OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

Loc: Flag
    #2455438 - 03/20/04 07:25 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

man reminds me kind of what happened to me when i was in 8th grade.

i was wakling home from school (it was a loonng walk) with two of my friends. we were walking on a main raod, and a car drives past with a bunch of high-school aged kids, and one screams something at us. so my friend kevin yelled back at them. they stopped the car about 200 feet down the road, and wer were all like "oh fuck me." when we saw one of the dudes get out of the car and start running towards us, we almost pissed our pants. so we booked it...and ended up going into this small neighborhood and knocking on someones door. of course, nobody was home, and by this time, the kid had caught up to us. so we're on the front porch, and hes in the driveway. he kept yelling at us, and when he realized no one was home, he approached us. he ended up robbing us blind; i had $80 in my wallet from my birthday.

the shittiest part about it was when the others from the car caught up to us all...there was this chick there, and she asked me why i had so much money in my wallet. i said it was from my birthday, and i was saving it towards drums (i just hadnt put it in the bank yet), and she seemed to feel bad but didnt stop her douchebag friend from taking my money.

so we called the police after everything was done...they actually ended up catching the guy, and he went to jail. and yes, i got my money back ($50 6 months later, the other $30 about a year and a half after that).

sorry for the long story..i just thought it was kind of relevant.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: We were robbed... [Re: Jenny]
    #2466374 - 03/24/04 02:30 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

"stealing is also really really bad karma. Being a taker and taking constantly is worse than you could imagine :O so they will get it coming back to them eventually."

YES! Honestly.. don't worry Levity; things are totally NOT going to work out very well for these guys - they're unhappy already and its only going to get worse for them.

edit: I'll bet they dont' want to be seen anywhere NEAR where you live right now

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (03/24/04 02:31 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2466405 - 03/24/04 02:46 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

oh and Levity, "the scene keeps playing over and over again in my head."

This is unhealthy - you can't change what happened. You're OK. Your family is OK. These guys are probably never coming to your town again; they've been spotted (and "identified," for all they know) in their stolen jeep so I'd say its time for them to get outta the area :wink:

Playing the scene over and over again in your head, while it may be difficult to tune down, is not going to help too much - there is one conclusion that you realize over the others: the only that already happened.

I have several recordings in my mind that, even for years afterwards, some of them kept coming back and drawing me into a deep zone that I just totally didn't enjoy and would consider now "torturing myself." I already have decided what things I could have done differently at the moment, and what it was about the situation that caused it to burn itself so wonderfully into my mind in such a prominant way and so on.... so I think "yeah yeah yeah" to those scenes.

Time shall assist you better than we can :wink: - Good luck, girl - you're fine, and shall remain so until you're somewhere around 82.74 when your teeth fall out during a live farting broadcast.. you'll see

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom