Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
help please- florida panhandle
    #14982796 -

I need some help or advice. I have been mushroom hunting for 6-8 months here in the florida panhandle/coastal alabama are, which is supposed to be a great place for actives. I check the local horse shit pile at the equestrian park every other day and i've looked in cow pastures with the owner's permission. So I must be doing something wrong. I know it is prohibited to give field locations, but maybe someone give me a few clues where to look. I live about 1.5 hours from crestview and i heard that was a good place. Just looking for a place where i can photograph some mushrooms in the wild. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: phrenology101]
    #14985418 -

phrenology101 said:
I need some help or advice. I have been mushroom hunting for 6-8 months here in the florida panhandle/coastal alabama are, which is supposed to be a great place for actives. I check the local horse shit pile at the equestrian park every other day and i've looked in cow pastures with the owner's permission. So I must be doing something wrong. I know it is prohibited to give field locations, but maybe someone give me a few clues where to look. I live about 1.5 hours from crestview and i heard that was a good place. Just looking for a place where i can photograph some mushrooms in the wild. Thanks!



shoot me a pm.
i'll help you out.
i won't give exact fields, but i can help you locate some and give you some pointers on where to look.

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: bloodworm]
    #15025118 -

nobody? i just want to take photographs, not pick them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: phrenology101]
    #15025927 -

I am confused....you mean photos probably like the ones at the
bottom of BWs post?  It sounded like he had the info you need to
get started.

I am in CA and envy your fungus.  ;0)

Good luck,

JD


--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Edited by Javadog (09/04/11 12:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: Javadog]
    #15026172 -

yes, photos just like those. I sent him a PM, but he never responded.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: phrenology101]
    #15031709 -

phrenology101 said:
yes, photos just like those. I sent him a PM, but he never responded.



sorry.
i've been wicked busy and this is a huge topic to handle.
u should have no problem finding them after the rain you guys are getting.
the only advice i can give you is to keep on looking.
it's not going to happen over night.
look for secluded fields on google earth.
look for rich soil, good grass growth, trees for shade, wild fruit and the like.
don't think that just pulling you car over on the side of the road is going to do it.
well, sometimes it does.
you have to look for YOUR field basically.
florida is hot right now and everyone and their uncle is pickin'. cubes.
if you have to check a good looking field every 12 hrs. after a rain...do so.
if you have to walk 5 miles through the woods to get to an otherwise inaccessible field...do it.
i leave traps out on my best fields and am very aware of what is/was there.
that way i know if someone else goes there.
avoid fields with sandy soil, bent fences and LITTER.
cubes rarely grow in areas that receive either too much sun or too much shade.
during these HOT months...look under trees with tall grass towards the center of the field.
like i said, don't give up.
you will find one if you keep on looking and it will be even more rewarding.
take care of it too.
protect it.
don't litter.
cut cubes with a razor or scissors to ensure future growth.
make it yours and you will be rewarded.
remember, they find you.

:super:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: bloodworm]
    #15040368 -

Sorry BW, but I gots to know: "i leave traps out"

What sort of traps.  I am sure that we are not talking about the
legendary "fish hooks hung at eye level" that people murmur about
outdoor pot grows....

Take care,

JD


--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: Javadog]
    #15040407 -

Happy Hunting! Wish you good luck!

:cookiemonster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: bloodworm]
    #15075738 -

bloodworm said:
phrenology101 said:
yes, photos just like those. I sent him a PM, but he never responded.



sorry.
i've been wicked busy and this is a huge topic to handle.
u should have no problem finding them after the rain you guys are getting.
the only advice i can give you is to keep on looking.
it's not going to happen over night.
look for secluded fields on google earth.
look for rich soil, good grass growth, trees for shade, wild fruit and the like.
don't think that just pulling you car over on the side of the road is going to do it.
well, sometimes it does.
you have to look for YOUR field basically.
florida is hot right now and everyone and their uncle is pickin'. cubes.
if you have to check a good looking field every 12 hrs. after a rain...do so.
if you have to walk 5 miles through the woods to get to an otherwise inaccessible field...do it.
i leave traps out on my best fields and am very aware of what is/was there.
that way i know if someone else goes there.
avoid fields with sandy soil, bent fences and LITTER.
cubes rarely grow in areas that receive either too much sun or too much shade.
during these HOT months...look under trees with tall grass towards the center of the field.
like i said, don't give up.
you will find one if you keep on looking and it will be even more rewarding.
take care of it too.
protect it.
don't litter.
cut cubes with a razor or scissors to ensure future growth.
make it yours and you will be rewarded.
remember, they find you.

:super:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm




Thanks, Bloodworm. I appreciate your advice and envy your foraging skills:) I have looked at Google earth for fields, but I'm having a hard time differentiating between cow fields and crop fields. There are tons of sod farms here too which look a lot like pastures on google. The only thing that concerns me is getting arrested for trespassing. I have permission from one farmer, but there aren't any trees in his field...i didn't find anything the last time I was there. Should I just keep asking farmers for permission? I am a very conventional/preppy looking female, so I don't think anyone would suspect I'm really picking mushrooms if they give me permission to  take pictures in their field. The mushrooms keep calling, but I can't find them...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: bloodworm]
    #24455893 -

bloodworm said:
phrenology101 said:
I need some help or advice. I have been mushroom hunting for 6-8 months here in the florida panhandle/coastal alabama are, which is supposed to be a great place for actives. I check the local horse shit pile at the equestrian park every other day and i've looked in cow pastures with the owner's permission. So I must be doing something wrong. I know it is prohibited to give field locations, but maybe someone give me a few clues where to look. I live about 1.5 hours from crestview and i heard that was a good place. Just looking for a place where i can photograph some mushrooms in the wild. Thanks!



shoot me a pm.
i'll help you out.
i won't give exact fields, but i can help you locate some and give you some pointers on where to look.

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm



If you're still around I could use help or tips in what general areas to start looking. I just need to know what part of the local club ties are best.

I'd prefer to find and make friends with a farmer and gain access to the field lawfully.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: Whydidothat]
    #24455995 -

Whydidothat whydidyou bump a thread like 2000 days old?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help please- florida panhandle [Re: Whydidothat]
    #24456235 -

Bloodworm was banned like 5 years ago but his post above is just as relevant today as it was back then.

(I wonder if Bloodworm ever came back to post under a new identity? He was a damn good member here for a long time)

Start by reading through all the NOOB links at the top of the forum, they'll arm you with plenty of information to get out hunting and also keep you from breaking forum rules such as asking for hunting spots, hunting partners, ect.

And it's generally advisable to check the date of the post you are replying to and avoiding bringing back ancient threads of this nature:thumbup:


--------------------
Listening to anything I say could be detrimental to your health-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Florida panhandle finds... possibly cope cyans? shamanamba 1,436 8 08/05/08 08:45 PM
by implee
* Florida Panhandle Identification Request. (Fresh Out of Field) shamanamba 2,227 5 09/01/06 02:52 PM
by VampireSlayer
* season beginning in southeast along florida panhandle shamanamba 878 1 04/08/06 12:04 PM
by ryanvergel
* Plz ID, Florida Panhandle Lich_king 1,839 9 04/26/08 01:17 AM
by GGreatOne234
* Florida Panhandle orange/brown tree huggers...what are these? shamanamba 2,353 8 10/18/06 07:34 AM
by CureCat
* ID HELP: for North Florida Panhandle Mushrooms. Wogger 2,264 7 08/07/05 11:06 AM
by TerrapinSunrise
* **THE OFFICIAL FLORIDA MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2010**
( 1 2 3 4 ... 123 124 )
cubeeater 164,496 2,461 01/15/11 07:53 AM
by jackgreen
* Florida Matsutake? SWFL 1,169 4 07/12/10 11:05 PM
by Twiztidsage

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
3,169 topic views. 1 members, 9 guests and 56 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.