Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

David Bowie appreciation thread
    #2443986 - 03/17/04 03:57 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Okay, so yeah I'm a little depressed right now but in the middle of all my sorrow I dug up my david bowie md.
Dammmn, I used to listen to bowie all the time. There's only a handful of people that I know who truely appreciate his music. It fills my heart with happiness and gives me the drive to say 'FUCK YOUR PROBLEMS DUSTIN. SUCK IT UP.' :smile:

My friend was joking around a couple days ago and told me if I'm on my computer, download 'Fill your heart'. A lot of bowie stuff's hard to find so I rely on the computer and my minidisc player. Hot damn, this song is goooood. Now I know why made that crack about suicide and how this song will stop anyone from commiting it. So if you ever go crazy, someone rapes and tortures your family and friends and you have nothing to live for, listen to this song and you'll just change your mind about dying instantly.

Modern Love, it's also from Hunky Dory. This is still one of my favorites since I was a little kid. This and Rebel Rebel. I never knew the names until a couple of years ago, where I went and aquired every bowie song I could. Cds, tapes, mp3s, anything! Bowie kills on vinyl too. So raw and awesome. Starman and Life on Mars are great.

Does anyone else love David Bowie as much as me? After I post this and take a shower, I'm going to rummage through all my bowie stuff and make a minidisc with all my favorite songs! Any song recommendations would be killer too. Thanks guys.

P.S. This forum's really rad. I'm going to make an effort to participate more! :thumbup:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshriek

Re: David Bowie appreciation thread [Re: browndustin]
    #2444000 - 03/17/04 04:03 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

:smile:

maybe not as much as you but i do like bowie :smile:

some of my fav songs are fame, young americans, ziggy stardust and changes

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: David Bowie appreciation thread [Re: shriek]
    #2444001 - 03/17/04 04:05 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

lol

Sweet dude. My friend always tells me that when he dies, it's going to be in a crazy amazon rainforest with lots of sweet animals, and he's going to be sinking in quick sand singing ch-ch-ch-changes with his new found animal bros!!

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: David Bowie appreciation thread [Re: browndustin]
    #2444014 - 03/17/04 04:12 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I used to listen to Bowie a lot, but I haven't listen to him in a while. Some of my favorites were Space Oddity, the Man Who Sold the World, and a bunch of songs off Aladin Sane (can't remember the names off the top of my head).

If anybody's read Atlas Shrugged here, do you catch the similarities between the Man Who Sold the World and Atlas Shrugged? For some reason I've always thought that Bowie was writing the song with that novel in mind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder