Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeowulf
journeyman
Re: Spore trace?
    #24195 - 07/14/00 09:18 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, wildman.

I have no intentions of distributing; in fact, I have not had an ethnogenic experience in ten years. (Feel I am due). My wife wouldn't understand as she is VERY religious, but still pretty open minded. I also have a career that is very much in the public eye. Such a scandal would ruin me. Tis a shame that these things are illegal...somes ludicrous.

Has anyone out there heard of someone getting busted from law enforcement getting tips from spore reception through the mail? I knew a guy in college who got busted for growing marijuana because the cops knew he had ordered grow lights and other equipment in the mail; in addition, some other friends got raided because they had one of those big...grow... lamp...tube thingys in their apartment. Once again, the fuzz knew they had mail order it! Even so, they were only growing tropical orchids!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Spore trace? [Re: beowulf]
    #24196 - 07/14/00 10:42 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sort of drunk, but I'll answer anyway. Spore suppliers are obviously number 1 targets since there is a strong possibility that they are growing. I haven't heard of them being busted (well, except for Ryche for marijuana) so I'd say it's pretty safe. Most, if not all, of us aren't cultivating to distribute. I think you are relativley safe. If you don't feel safe, have them delivered to a friend's house. I think there are bigger fish in the pond than us. I, for one, don't trip but about once or twice a year. Growing mushrooms is more of a hobby than it is a money-making mechanism. It is something you should consider before growing. Number one rule: don't tell anyone. Period. Then you are safe on all counts. If they are looking for you, they will look for an increase of mushrooms in the area. Then they are going to see if the 'shrooms are coming from you. If not, they WILL find where they are coming from.
Peace, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale & Love,
Wildman

Anonymous

#24198 - 07/14/00 08:44 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Beowulf,, spores are legal #1

#2 Anyone could order them with your name if they knew it. So don`t be so paranoid about your public finding out ,,ok. Order from the better known in this community and you will be gauranteed to remain anonymous!

For my next order I will be William Jefferson Clinton! Get my point? It will be great seeing the raid on Tv and all to find him growing nothing but cigar tobacco!

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #24199 - 07/14/00 08:53 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Beowulf wrote:
> my wife wouldn't understand as she is VERY
> religious...
I don't have anything to say to that, really;
I just wanted to express a vague sense of some great cultural Wrongness about our world.

:frown:

Anonymous

#24200 - 07/15/00 10:24 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Xibalba i agree with you complete, that sentence cought my eye and i think it is sad. because she is VERY religious. well maybe she should respect your beliefs???? magic mushrooms are a religious sacrment.

[This message has been edited by sean1234 (edited July 15, 2000).]

Offlinebeowulf
journeyman
    #24201 - 07/15/00 06:04 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Agrees with sean. Sad. However, maybe it is my duty to enlighten. We are, of course, afraid of what we do not understand...

Hey! I recently saw a post that said when we order spores, we must include OUR name or initials when ordering. Could we say send to "Current Resident" 1234 blah blah blah...instead of sending a name?

I would appreciate any tips to maintain anonymity. Thanks!

------------------
Every other Tuesday, my grandmother knits Mexican shoelaces...

Anonymous

#24202 - 07/15/00 06:08 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

You can use kermit the frog as a return name it doesn't matter all that matters is the address. Use a clever name like james bond or jack herer, he he.

Offlinebeowulf
journeyman
    #24203 - 07/14/00 10:56 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

You sure about that sean? I appreciate the info...like I said, I've known people that have been busted for growing hooch because the cops knew they had mail ordered it, somehow. Does anyone have any stories regarding mushroom growers being hassled? Thank you

------------------
Every other Tuesday, my grandmother knits Mexican shoelaces...

Anonymous

#24204 - 07/15/00 03:56 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I would think that "current resident" would arouse some suspicion of a snoopy postmaster. But still nothing to probably worry about.

And as BB mentioned, spores are not illegal except in CA and GA; and in most cases, experienced entrepeneurs know how to get around this hindrance.

You can use any name, but the main thing I would do is NOT use a home address. Use a post office box.

There's nothing any one person can do to allay your fears, but hypothetically speaking, if Joe Blow got some mail at your post office box, how's it going to be pinned to you? Could it not merely be a case of misaddressed mail? And there's nothing illegal about mailing experimental raw substances, provided that the necessary legal disclaimers are enclosed. :wink:

------------------
Jade
registered Wild Child?
http://www.gypsystudios.com

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #24205 - 07/17/00 10:26 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus!
You do not want to use a fake name to send to a PO box. Federal regulations prohibit them from delivering mail to a name that is not attached to the box. This is different for home addresses of course. Anybody can recieve mail at your address. Nobody can share your PO box unless the Post Office knows about it and why.

The only thing I can tell you is that this hobby ranks much lower on the interest scale for DEA than growing herb. Not to mention that the spore suppliers are small people that are likely not even operating official businesses. The indoor gardning stores are large corporations that are easy for the cops to get cooperation from. The sprore venders consider you brothers and sisters, not customers. They will not help the cops.

Just think about the number of people that talk about cultivation. Assume that 1/2 of them are lying. Thats still thousands of people that ordered spores and are growing. Now, how often do you hear about a bust? About 2 a year. Now assume 1/2 of those are bullshit. Little to worry about.

Don't sell.
Don't tell.
You'll be fine.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

VisitThe Donkey!-just behave

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds