Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
"The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article
    #23806738 -

and now we're freaking out"

http://hellogiggles.com/arctic-noises-animal/


Quote:
In case you haven’t experienced enough anxiety over this upcoming election, weird noise activity in the Arctic should cause some concern.  According to a CBC News report, there is a strange pinging sound coming from the ocean floor and it’s scaring all the animals away. Cue Jaws theme music.

This particular sound is referred to as a “beep” or a “hum.” And as of right now, there is no explanation. It’s been discovered 120 kilometers northwest of the hamlet of Igloolik. Don’t worry if you’ve never heard of this place before. It’s near the least populated territory of Canada.

According to a member of the legislative assembly, Paul Quassa, sea animals usually love this spot.

    “That’s one of the major hunting areas in the summer and winter because it’s a polynya,” meaning an area of open water surrounded by ice, he said.

Hunters from the remote community in Nunavut have been alarmed by low numbers of prey this year. There were plenty of whales and seals for them to hunt previously.

Some blame Greenpeace, but the organization has denied involvement. Others suggest that the Baffinland Iron Mines Corporation might be responsible. Unfortunately, they have no equipment or scheduled work in the area.
Basically, this is a mystery worth investigating.

Hopefully, answers are coming soon. Otherwise, we will be forced to assume this is a sign of the impending apocalypse. If worst comes to worst, this could maybe be the basis for a Transformers reboot? A spokesperson told CBC News:

    “The Department of National Defence has been informed of the strange noises emanating in the Fury and Hecla Strait area, and the Canadian Armed Forces are taking the appropriate steps to actively investigate the situation.”

Seems like the answers are coming, people. Let’s hope that they’re boring ones.




--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: musiclover420]
    #23806758 -

Might be some polar bears getting some action

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: Konyap]
    #23806767 -

Konyap said:
Might be some polar bears getting some action



Someone didn't bother reading the article...

Quote:
there is a strange pinging sound coming from the ocean floor and it’s scaring all the animals away.



Quote:
This particular sound is referred to as a “beep” or a “hum.” And as of right now, there is no explanation. It’s been discovered 120 kilometers northwest of the hamlet of Igloolik.



:allsodisappointed:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: musiclover420]
    #23806772 -

Sorry that was me.  I ate like 50 burritos this week and figured I was doing everyone a favor by letting it out away from civilization but I didn't think of the polar bears.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #23806774 -

Quote:
A spokesperson told CBC News:
“The Department of National Defence has been informed of the strange noises emanating in the Fury and Hecla Strait area, and the Canadian Armed Forces are taking the appropriate steps to actively investigate the situation.”



The Canadian Armed Forces first step was to contact the United States of America's Armed Forces to ask for help and guidance, no doubt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: California] * 1
    #23806790 -

California said:
Quote:
A spokesperson told CBC News:
“The Department of National Defence has been informed of the strange noises emanating in the Fury and Hecla Strait area, and the Canadian Armed Forces are taking the appropriate steps to actively investigate the situation.”



The Canadian Armed Forces first step was to contact the United States of America's Armed Forces to ask for help and guidance, no doubt.



I doubt that was their first step... We share the same continent so it makes sense they would alert us to something strange such as this.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: musiclover420]
    #23806847 -

:ancientaliens:

Prepare your anus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: Repertoire89] * 1
    #23806906 -

kthulu...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: musiclover420]
    #23807131 -

Russian submarines...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: greencrush420]
    #23807144 -

Pickups and airplanes!:psycrankey:


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: Sporepoise]
    #23807147 -

Sporepoise said:
kthulu...



Finally a logical answer :lol: Except it is Cthulhu :shakefist:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: musiclover420]
    #23807149 -

Fracking!:psycrankey:


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: Sporepoise] * 1
    #23807150 -

Sporepoise said:
kthulu...



oh man I hope so :retawed:


--------------------


Ezuma Art:

http://ezumaart.weebly.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: Ezuma]
    #23807240 -

I think I figured it out guys, it was Dethklok :lol:


Dethklok - Go Into The Water

:hairmetal:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: Sporepoise]
    #23807503 -

Sporepoise said:
kthulu...



no idiot, its the nordic looking beings that live in the hollow of the earth. theyre trying to drill through the ice and contact us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: mt cleverest]
    #23807552 -

mt cleverest said:
Sporepoise said:
kthulu...



no idiot, its the nordic looking beings that live in the hollow of the earth. theyre trying to drill through the ice and contact us.



Or maybe it is some ancient dormant alien spaceship coming to life and preparing to break free of the ocean floor.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: musiclover420]
    #23807581 -

musiclover420 said:
mt cleverest said:
Sporepoise said:
kthulu...



no idiot, its the nordic looking beings that live in the hollow of the earth. theyre trying to drill through the ice and contact us.



Or maybe it is some ancient dormant alien spaceship coming to life and preparing to break free of the ocean floor.



and save us from impending ecological disaster  :hippie:
or more likely fucking off to find a less hostile planet


--------------------


Ezuma Art:

http://ezumaart.weebly.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: Ezuma]
    #23807705 -

Hopefully they are here to rescue us from the Age Of Insanity:


ELOY 2009 - Age of Insanity

:super:

Damn I love eloy :awesomenod: so much truth in their lyrics.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "The Arctic is making weird noises and it's scaring all the animals away (article [Re: musiclover420]
    #23808555 -

Is this happening near the northern polar anus discussed in that other thread?


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Weird Dreams Phluck 2,966 18 01/05/03 10:29 AM
by Little Shroom
* Arctic Monkeys TurntableJunky 1,522 14 05/21/07 06:00 PM
by fluffyshapes
* Very interesting article on cigs, radiation, and cancer READ _Shrew_ 2,197 6 11/07/03 11:18 PM
by Quintessence
* Scared to death!!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 31 32 )
Zepplin 95,709 622 08/25/22 01:20 PM
by pineboy13
* Post deleted by Anno
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 7,279 61 01/21/03 06:38 AM
by KackleDude
* i'm scared...
( 1 2 3 all )
Smack31 6,996 52 04/24/16 09:41 AM
by berrymybody
* Wine and mead making Azmodeus 1,211 9 08/07/03 10:38 AM
by Azmodeus
* Making Friends Rule! Earth_Droid 1,333 6 03/12/03 02:08 PM
by Galvie_Flu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
476 topic views. 4 members, 18 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.