Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Grinding brown rice.
    #23527 - 07/07/00 07:45 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Of course! They wouldn't tell you to do it in the two best faqs there are if it weren't possible! My third cousin twice removed's llama did it with good results. Just stick a little bit of it in a coffee grinder at a time. Make sure not to run the coffee grinder solid for too long or it'll overheat...they're only designed to be run for like 10 seconds each day in the morning...unless you work at starbucks or something like that. But yah grind away...and I think I remember reading that home ground stuff actually works better than the flour you'd buy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#23529 - 07/07/00 07:45 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Grinding brown rice is fine :smile: chunky brown rice is good

Anonymous

#23530 - 07/07/00 11:34 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

cool man. Brown rice works. A local store just got some of that brown rice flour in and I bought some of that. I think in my next batch, I'll boil the brown rice, then stick some of that powder in there with a tad of vermiculite. heheh...

------------------
-=??r ???=-

OfflineShaker
    #23531 - 07/08/00 12:05 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Just a tip on grinding in a coffee grinder:

If you are using a blade type coffee grinder (like a mini blender) try holding it at an angle while you grind, a little less than a 45 degree angle works great. For some reason this seems to help things grind better and you don't wind up with 1/2 powder and 1/2 uncut grains.

Also, if you grind your own coffee at home invest in a burr type grinder. The Bunn BCG gives a commercial grade grind at home, for about $100. I don't work for Bunn, btw! :smile:

Shaker

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #23532 - 07/08/00 02:45 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I hear it works better!

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Anonymous

#23533 - 07/08/00 03:12 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah man I grind all my brown rice in a coffee grinder. I figure it's better than buying pre-ground rice, because it has been freshly ground, so the nutrients are freshly released. Whats better pre ground coffee or fresh ground coffee?

OfflineShaker
    #23534 - 07/08/00 08:18 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Shroomism,

Fresh ground coffee is the way to go! The components of coffee that give its best flavors are very volitile and delicate. Coffee should be ground as close to the brewing time as practical/possible because the flavor components start to oxydize in MINUTES.
Even buying ground coffee in one of those bags that is flushed with nitrogen is not good, as soon as you take out that first scoop the rest of the bag is going to start going flat.
You don't have to spend a fortune at Star$'s to get good coffee! Folgers 100% Columbian whole bean coffee makes a pretty good cup, but better yet you should find a local coffee roaster or coffee shop that also does roasting. However grind quality and repeatability are just as important as the beans and the roast.
Good beans that are roasted right, about 2-12 days before brewing, stored well, ground correctly for the type of brewing and brewed well make a cup of heavan. I'd be willing to bet that 80%+ of Americans who drink coffee NEVER had a really good cup.

Shaker

P.s. Sorry for the lack of Mushroom content. If you would like to learn more about coffee we can talk in Off Topic. I'll go start a thread.

Anonymous

#23535 - 07/08/00 01:00 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

A Coffee grinder is not needed. Do any of you have a blender? Fill that sucker and stick it on high. That worker for my friend of a friend. He said he had absolutly no problems.

SpunkMonkey

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#23536 - 07/09/00 11:34 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Blender never worked for I. I have a fairly decent model, but always ended up with incomplete grinding and a very fine caked-powder down under the blades. No prob's with coffee grinder [except so small :smile:]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag