Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: rackem]
    #23492479 -

so i found the T thats needed, it is not brass. i will have to order it online. the hard plastic will be a temp fix.

however, while disconnecting the old T 2 other hoses disconnected.

i have 2 small thin hoses disconnected and 1 large hose disconnected.

one of the small hoses connects to the top of the T, but im unsure of the others.

i have pics. ill load them now.




















--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23492492 -

typically the hoses will only reach the place they'll connect. hook them to the port
at the end of the range of motion and if it's wrong (runs dramatically different)
then switch them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23492497 -

its the larger hose i seem to be having issues with. i cant find where it connects. it comes from the top rear middle of the block.

the 2 smaller ones are pretty much the same length. one to the T and the other goes above the T but connects to the block.


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23492532 -











--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23492543 -

the top pic had a hose, a small hose, connected using a clamp.

the 2nd pic shows both small hoses.

the 3rd is a pic of the larger hose coming from the top of the block and connects somewhere underneath.


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23492783 -

Prisoner#1 said:
typically the hoses will only reach the place they'll connect. hook them to the port
at the end of the range of motion and if it's wrong (runs dramatically different)
then switch them



This.

Also, some of them may just be ventilation lines for the tranny


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: azur]
    #23492823 -

i have the T all set up and connected with coolant and its holding. im good on that but...





i looked. i do not see where this hose attaches.







still have no idea what to do with this and the 2 small hoses. ventilation?



--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23492832 -

First pic is for pvc valve. Goes to top of valve cover.
Second pic is either a vent or a vacuum line. With it running, is the line pulling a vacuum?


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: azur]
    #23492838 -

where is the valve cover?

im not sure, but theres 2 lines that are the same size. should i connect both and turn the truck on? after i connect the pvc valve?


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23492843 -

You should buy a Chilton ot Haynes manual for it.


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: azur]
    #23492845 -

youre my manual...


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23492858 -

Well I can't help you much if you don't know where the valve cover is....


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: azur]
    #23492872 -

:aweshit:


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23493295 -

you gotta trace those 2 smaller lines back and see their origin.

running the vehicle and putting your thumb on them is also a good idea. if it is pulling vacuum they need to be connected to something.

the valve cover should be easy to spot, its underneath the plenum. you can see it without removing anything.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: rackem]
    #23497259 -

The pcv hose does pull a vac but it looks like it connects to a valve which i cant get to without taking a bunch of shit together.

Im taking it to a shop tomorrow.


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23497286 -

Stop being a dumbass.
Here, let a girl show you:

Look for your master cylinder and reservoir (where your brake fluid goes).  To the left of that.
And buy the damn manual. If you're driving around in a 13 year old ranger, your going to want to know how to fix it.
Chilton manual is superior, but often in parts stores only the Haynes is available.


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I was given a ticket for speeding "too fast"
( 1 2 all )
thePatient 4,342 31 01/26/06 12:38 AM
by thePatient
* What Kind-a-car do you drive?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
TrancedShroom 7,599 96 04/15/06 09:51 AM
by Muppet69_420
* Canadian hicks trashing a Ford Ranger on the beach (YouTube video "Ranger Death") GWAR 872 9 10/20/07 03:22 PM
by Rustifer
* Power Rangers!!!! sui 1,037 10 04/24/06 04:12 PM
by mecreateme
* Forgot To Add Coolant To Jeep/Freezing Tempature LayYouIn 792 6 12/12/09 08:07 AM
by eligal
* Potato Gun + High Speed Camera adamj 1,001 15 10/24/06 03:46 PM
by cybrbeast
* Busted by park ranger. BlindLemon 2,485 14 11/20/06 05:11 PM
by BlindLemon
* Harrison Ford is such a bad ass ZippoZM 1,295 15 04/29/07 05:33 PM
by Konnrade

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,452 topic views. 7 members, 13 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.