Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue PICS added
    #23477904 -

It fucking puked all coolant yesterday and now it wont hold coolant. Its leaking on the rear above the tranny.

Any ideas?


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Edited by Not Responding (07/30/16 12:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23477945 -

That's not a good place to be leaking. Sounds like it could be a freeze out plug.


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: azur]
    #23477952 -

where is the water pump located? my car did this recently, turned out to be the waterpump seal,though it was a slow leak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: 404]
    #23477959 -

Water pump is in front


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23477993 -

freeze plug, head gasket or a crack. get a mirror and flash light to see if you can
tell where it's coming from and can see the problem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23478007 -

Yea. Either way, coming from the back of the engine is the worst place to have a coolant leak.
While I'm a ford truck guy, admittedly, the biggest issue with them is overheating.
OP, if you can find the leak, we can help you fix it. Probably going to be a big job though


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: azur]
    #23478023 -

biggest issue? their transmissions are notoriously garbage. (except the f-series)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: 404]
    #23478064 -

Might thought was freeze plug too...


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: 404]
    #23478129 -

404 said:
biggest issue? their transmissions are notoriously garbage. (except the f-series)




all the mazda made transmissions are junk including the F series. my f-250 is in the
trans shop after 6 months on a rebuilt. the old FMX and c6 transmissions were
indestructible

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23478335 -

i think its coming out of the truck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Aedium]
    #23478422 -

Oh shit... Didnt even think about that.


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23478441 -

Sounds like a classic case of radiator overheating causing the water pump tubes to go into overdrive pushing extreme loads of psi through the transmission and I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23478445 -

if you fill your truck up and run it does it idle well? or is it rough?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: rackem]
    #23483843 -

I havnt tried yet, but i did get this pic. Seems to be the source of my leak.





Im not sure if it's a hose or the T...

Im also a bit confused... If it is a cracked T or a loose how, why did it look like someone dumped a bucket of coolant over my engine?

Another thing, when i was changing out my tranny fluid i noticed the coolant was dripping. It was close to something like 1 drip every 10-15 secs. The following morning is when my truck puked.


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23483907 -

Its between those 2 clamps or in that area.


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23484143 -

Well then replace the hose


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: azur]
    #23488814 -

Is the T easy to switch out? Im going to try and remove it tomorrow morning and take it to few auto part stores so i can try and find the right size.

Also, i accidentally grabbed this coolant in a hurry...

http://www.peakhd.com/product-lines/final-charge/about/


Can i use it?


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23488870 -

Yea. It's all easy to switch out. Get a picture of the entire engine and one close up of the "t" so we can identify it for you. Cause those fat black bitches at the parts store won't know.
On the antifreeze, it looks like it will work. But I would take it back and get something made for gas engines. It will be cheaper.
And if you don't get it premixed, be sure to mix it 50t50 with water


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: azur]
    #23489135 -

I was told to run just water after the repair for a couple days.


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 03 ford ranger 2.3l 5 speed coolant issue [Re: Not Responding]
    #23489161 -

that is false. people will do that if they are unsure of the repair. dont do this. vehicles need the 50/50 mix

also, i have never used that coolant you bought and would suggest taking it back and getting the regular coolant. or the mixes with anything coolant.

while you are at the parts store, get some new hose clamps as well.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I was given a ticket for speeding "too fast"
( 1 2 all )
thePatient 4,342 31 01/26/06 12:38 AM
by thePatient
* What Kind-a-car do you drive?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
TrancedShroom 7,599 96 04/15/06 09:51 AM
by Muppet69_420
* Canadian hicks trashing a Ford Ranger on the beach (YouTube video "Ranger Death") GWAR 872 9 10/20/07 03:22 PM
by Rustifer
* Power Rangers!!!! sui 1,037 10 04/24/06 04:12 PM
by mecreateme
* Forgot To Add Coolant To Jeep/Freezing Tempature LayYouIn 792 6 12/12/09 08:07 AM
by eligal
* Potato Gun + High Speed Camera adamj 1,001 15 10/24/06 03:46 PM
by cybrbeast
* Busted by park ranger. BlindLemon 2,485 14 11/20/06 05:11 PM
by BlindLemon
* Harrison Ford is such a bad ass ZippoZM 1,295 15 04/29/07 05:33 PM
by Konnrade

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,452 topic views. 4 members, 33 guests and 219 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.