Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Milk, White chocolate strawberry,buckeyes,bananas,pretzel
    #2331877 - 02/13/04 08:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Man these were tasty.  Especially the white chocolate buckeye's, which are essentially peanut butter balls (like a peanut butter cup).

1.5 lbs powdered sugar
1 lbs peanut butter
3 tbsp. vanilla extract
.5 lbs butter
12 oz packages milk and white chocolate morsels
Few tbsp's of shortening

Line bowl with powder sugar, probably half of it, and then start adding peanut butter, vanilla, and butter.  Mixing a little at a time makes this far easier IMO.  Just getting in there and kneading with your hands is the best way. 

Take a small amount of the mixture and roll into a small balls. :grin:  Place on wax paper.  It's also a good idea I found to put these in a container and put in the refridgerator for 20-30 minutes and allow them to set, so they don't fall apart so easily when applying chocolate.

Melt 2 12 oz packages of morsels in a double boiler. 
Add a tbsp or 2 of shortening to thin the mixture a bit.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO YOU ALLOW ANY WATER TO TOUCH THE CHOCOLATE, NOT EVEN A DROP.  Doing so will cause the chocolate to seize.  If you do, add shortening until it becomes liquid again,  if your lucky.
The double boiler I used is really too small for this much chocolate, so I suggest using a bigger one (larger bowl and pot) or just doing one package at a time or it doesn't hold enough heat to keep the chocolate well melted so you have to stir it constantly.

When you put the toothpicks through the balls, be careful and go slowly so you don't split them.  Make sure your chocolate is evenly melted  and dip them in with a stirring moition.  As you are bringing it up out of the chocolate give it a quick spin to get an even coat.  You'll get the hang of it after a few.

When doing the strawberries, pierce them right through the stem, as it holds best this way, do it with the same spinning motion.  The pretzels are little more challenging, and I just dropped them in, picked them up with a fork, and shook them off.  If anyone has a better technique, I would love to hear it.

I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (02/14/04 11:25 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Milk, White chocolate strawberry,buckeyes,bananas,pretzel [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2331893 - 02/13/04 08:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Damn, those look mighty tasty! :thumbup: 
:heart: chocolate

··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing