Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedax
Stranger
best way to take mushrooms ?
    #2326048 - 02/12/04 08:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i've read on www.erowid.org that the two main ways to take mushrooms are to chew and hold in your mouth, or to swallow them on an empty stomich, ive also heard of smoking them but thats spose to give an effect not so intense...so...whats the best way to take them ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: best way to take mushrooms ? [Re: dax]
    #2326066 - 02/12/04 08:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Don't smoke shrooms, dude.

I chew and hold them in my mouth, until they're a pulp. I love the taste. You can make tea, kool-aid, all kinds of shit. Just steep the shrooms in water (don't boil), and make whatever drink you want. Tea comes on faster but doesn't last as long.

I always eat them on an empty or somewhat-empty stomach. No point having all that food get in the way and mess up digestion. Plus, it won't be fun puking a full stomach up if you get nausea.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2326068 - 02/12/04 08:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

eat them on empty stomach, you can either chew them to hell if you can handle the taste to help them kick in quicker or grind them up into powder and eat it that way but with dry powder it triggers you gag reflex and is quite hard to get down sometimes. don't smoke them it's a complete waste. also you could make tea or put them in a blender with some oj and drink it for faster more intense peak but it may go away quicker. imo the best way to take mushrooms is with syrian rue though not good for unexperienced.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2326513 - 02/12/04 11:22 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I like to put ground up mushroom powder in OJ and drink it down. That eliminates the taste pretty good but the texture sometimes gets to me. On the otherhand I believe that the trip will last longer if the mushrooms are chewed and kept in the mouth like a quid. I used to do this, but now I can't seem to accept the taste anymore.

As far as smoking shrooms...

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: best way to take mushrooms ? [Re: John]
    #2326550 - 02/12/04 11:32 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

We usually grind them into powder and mix it (but not ~blend it~) with OJ-
is it the grinding/powdering that is shortening the trip lengths?
Why?
(although we do notice it kicking in as early as 10 minutes after ingestion)

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Edited by valour (02/12/04 11:33 AM)

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: best way to take mushrooms ? [Re: valour]
    #2326632 - 02/12/04 11:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think it is like a bong rip instead of a joint. When you get a bunch all at once the effects tend to come on fast and intense but it ends more quickly.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2326665 - 02/12/04 12:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

All my people (in a strange dream world where this sort of thing is legal) just munch away, rinsing out each mouthfull with refreshing OJ. There's an urban legend - not sure if it's true at all, but anyway - that Vitamin C causes you to trip harder. But, regardless, the OJ cleans off your tastebuds quite well. I've tried the "fasting for a day" thing, and yes you trip harder... but then I start thinking about how hungry I am while I'm tripping, and it's never really fun to try and cook while tripping. So I just wait a few hours after my last meal to eat them. I also find meditating while coming up can make a very peaceful trip.

Krishna

--------------------

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: best way to take mushrooms ? [Re: Krishna]
    #2326711 - 02/12/04 12:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I always get a box of triscuts or other crackers and break up the mushrooms into small pieces then put them on the crackers, this will help you to avoid tasting them and feeling the texture of nasty (in my opinion) dried mushrooms in your mouth.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2326887 - 02/12/04 12:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I *always* coat my dried mushrooms with peanut butter.  Feels and tastes just like some yummy crackers.  :cool:

Yeah, my first time the taste wasn't that bad either.  Sort of like dirty socks or something, but managable. 

Now many trips later if I eat them plain, I start gagging.  I don't know whats changed but its the peanut butter route for me.  :thumbup:

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: best way to take mushrooms ? [Re: MOTH]
    #2326951 - 02/12/04 01:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah, my first time the taste wasn't that bad either. Sort of like dirty socks or something, but managable.

Now many trips later if I eat them plain, I start gagging. I don't know whats changed but its the peanut butter route for me.

i think it's psychlogical, like your body knows what's coming and trys to reject it. i gag sometimes on mdma tablets and various rc's in gelcaps now but at first i never did and they don't even taste like anything :confused:

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: best way to take mushrooms ? [Re: John]
    #2327022 - 02/12/04 01:30 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"i think it's psychlogical, like your body knows what's coming and trys to reject it."

Yep, it's all in yer head.

Offlinebuhkahh
Found

Loc: Ohio
    #2327099 - 02/12/04 01:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i posted this yesterday, but i just wanna hear more about it...

i heard that takin shrooms with chocolate doubles the effect. have any of you ever tried that?

--------------------
Stop thinking, and end your problems.
-Lao Tzu

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2327105 - 02/12/04 01:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I usually make tea

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

#2327259 - 02/12/04 02:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

For wet ones I blend them up into OJ. It kicks ass and they come on in less than 20 min. Seriously, if you want to eat fresh ones it is the way to go. The juice tastes fine.

For dry I just munch them down chewing as much as possible. The tastes doesn't bother me at all.

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

Offline73D
Loc: southern CA
    #2332074 - 02/13/04 07:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

my friend puts his shrooms in a smoothie.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to in a couple days  :biggrin:

--------------------
Religion is the devil.

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: best way to take mushrooms ? [Re: buhkahh]
    #2332963 - 02/13/04 11:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

buhkahh said:
i heard that takin shrooms with chocolate doubles the effect. have any of you ever tried that?

hehehe....of course not. Well yes ive tried but it was just to hide the taste of the shrooms! It cant make you trip stronger... But MAOI's can easily double the effect of your shroom dosage, as well as other drugs. But they could be fatal mixed with high doses of certain substances, like the good ol DXM...

Offlineant61
Male
Loc: colorado
Re: best way to take mushrooms ? [Re: ]
    #2333954 - 02/14/04 10:44 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

no i dont think so.
I've trippin for year's ,and I've found ,the more I've do them ,the worst the taste get's ,for me !

OfflinespasticSofa
I don't need noinstruction toknow how toROCK!

Loc: eh?
    #2334108 - 02/14/04 11:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My two methods for consuming mushrooms are making tea or chocolates. Easy enough to do either. For tea, i put my shrooms in a coffee filter and paperclip the top shut. Then I toss it in the tea pot and let it steep. Pour into cup, drink. Chocolates are easy to make too...stick a glass bowl in a saucepan full of low boiling water. Throw in chocolate chips and ground up dried shrooms, mix, and pour into an ice cube tray that has foil stuck in each hole. Both methods work well for me.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2334302 - 02/14/04 12:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Eating thenm fresh gives one ht ebest j high and the highest content of alkaloids.

That would be to chew them and swallow and drink them down with chocolate milk. The Aztecs served them with chocolate and/or honey.

Of coudrse their choclate was bitter and without sugar.

A tea or liquid form you lose all of the psiulocine bi8cause it is not water soluable and you lose it.

So you gi et off fast in 5-10 minutes and very intenx sr, usually causing minor panic attacks because of the fast come-on to the shrooms and only lasts a few hours of intencity and then pot-like high for the remainder of the trip.

The Mazatec Indians and other tribal groups in Mesoamerica alway takle 20-30 minutes to consume a dose so it comes on to the body slow in waves and ripples and it lasts for 4-6 hours.

But then again many people just eat them the way they want to.
In Hawaii, locals and visitors who pick Copelandia usually eat a handful from a ppicked bag with no mind of the remaining dung on the bottom o f the stems,

AS for smooking mushrooms, Casataneda lied.

Have a shroomy time,

mj

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: best way to take mushrooms ? [Re: ant61]
    #2334690 - 02/14/04 02:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ant61 said:
no i dont think so.
I've trippin for year's ,and I've found ,the more I've do them ,the worst the taste get's ,for me !

that's exactly what we fuckin said, do you think that each time you get mushrooms you magically get worse tasting shrooms? of course not, so the only logical explaination is that's it's in your mind, your body has learned what they are and makes them taste worse so you don't eat them in a natural defense sort of way.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder