Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA * 1
    #23237866 -

Mainly trying to save money this summer and a good friend is in Roanoke and said that if there was any opportunities in/around for me around that area that I could come live with her for the summer and just pay food and for my share of utilities because apparently housing is dirt cheap compared to NOVA and the rest of the NE. It's probably not gonna happen, but at the moment I'm not saying no to anything viable.

Don't get mad, Virginians, but I've kind of been prejudiced against VA and haven't spent much time there at all despite being in PA - It's only gonna be for the summer and I'm gonna go visit very soon and get a feel probably, I was just wondering if anyone from there or who has hung out there could pitch in.

My friend is making it sound great, and I haven't talked to her in a while but I know when she first moved (without knowing anyone) she seemed like she struggled to find people she vibed with and of the two of us she's definitely the more normal one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: pirate-blues]
    #23237905 -

Do something interesting,look into wildlife firefighting,tree planting,working in alaska,I can't picture much happening in virginia,plus the humidity will be like 100%


--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: 5150]
    #23237922 -

oh, okay, yeah I work in live entertainment right now tho I'm at the point where I want to go back to school sometime in '17, but I'd like to travel a little bit first in the fall. and summerstock stuff is hiring pretty much everywhere, but even if I'm forgoing rent it doesn't make sense to go somewhere I don't really dig if I can get a higher paying job and can net more income in a city closer by that I do like where I have more friends. thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: pirate-blues]
    #23237983 -

I just moved to va myself. Curious what the "scene" is like here as well.

Feel you on the prejudice. Haha. And I lived in md.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: mile69]
    #23238009 -

Roanoke is a beautiful part of Virginia....It's in the mountains. I haven't been there for 20 years or so but it was pretty much a hillbilly town....didn't have any trouble buying corn squeezins made up in the holler.:wink: If you like nature and mountain streams and a little slower pace to life....you'll like it there.


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: mile69]
    #23238039 -

If your content that's fine ,have known quite a few townies


--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: 5150]
    #23238066 -

5150 said:
If your content that's fine ,have known quite a few townies



Content with what?
Don't know if I understand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: pirate-blues]
    #23238502 -

Looks like a nice place from afar



--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: pirate-blues]
    #23238524 -

I'd check the entertainment fields with the cruise-lines before taking refuge in the sticks. The tips are generous.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: pirate-blues]
    #23238545 -

I don't live in Roanoke but its close to where I live. I know its about to become base camp for Dechutes brewery so that's pretty cool. Virginia's got a pretty cool craft beer scene. Charlottesville where I live is blowing up. We have a pretty awesome food too. Always can find a job. People are for the most part really nice.
  I always here people knocking on Virginia. Maybe because we're a bunch of racists.


--------------------
The wolves howl, the sheep dwell, and the fool casts his whom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: undersativaskies]
    #23238604 -

I'm near richmond. There's def some racist undertones....and a bunch that aren't so subtle.

I dig the country/farm groove out this way

Just need to find some folks with similar interests.

I guess there's always going into richmond

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the scene like in Roanoke, VA [Re: mile69]
    #23238705 -

Have you checked out cville yet?


--------------------
The wolves howl, the sheep dwell, and the fool casts his whom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Va. Tech says senior from South Korea was the gunman
( 1 2 all )
mystery 4,761 38 04/17/07 10:04 PM
by Cowgold
* Movin to Richmond VA twist420 717 3 01/08/06 10:56 AM
by twist420
* Might be driving to Richmond tomorrow night DNKYD 1,078 9 11/07/06 02:44 AM
by Krishna
* Richmond shroomers twist420 871 8 01/08/06 01:56 PM
by dblaney
* The most entertaining thread in the world
( 1 2 all )
VoidOfsPg 1,900 32 12/13/05 07:31 PM
by rogue_pixie
* Children's songs with sexual undertones.. MrSinister 5,601 13 07/06/06 09:27 PM
by MrSinister
* richmond yo xxxchristian69 768 5 08/07/06 06:20 PM
by Hyper_Panda_GO
* Going to VA Stonerguy 484 4 06/25/06 07:20 PM
by Acinaxuz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
679 topic views. 7 members, 13 guests and 106 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 14 queries.