Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Anandenanthera peregrina and colubrina
    #2315454 - 02/08/04 09:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hello people!

I have been studying the Anandenanthera sp. online and on botanical sites but i still havent found enough information to get me saturated.My question is mainly a cultivation and usage one but bear with me for a moment. I know there are other threads about this but a usefull review never took too much space.

Firstly, from what i gather Anandenanthera peregrina and colubrina are two different plants,right? What baffles me is that i cannot spot a difference ehrn i macroscopically study their seeds.If they are two different plants,what are their differences from a pharmacological perspective?

Has anyone cultivated Anandenanthera peregrina and colubrina seeds acquired from vendors? Could i please have a general outlook of its cultivation and some tips? Im afraid internet provided me with no cultivation info so far so my hope lies here!

Now what about usage...I know the traditional use and if im correct it utilises 2-3 seeds,right? If the intranasal route can be painfull and the seeds are reputed to contain a sizeable amount of tryptamines could they be isolated by an extraction and utilized in smoking? I find it very strange that many people actualy experiment with intranasal administration and noone seems to explore other routes such as smoking.

Thand you in advance,i think this pretty much sums it up!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Anandenanthera peregrina and colubrina [Re: Psiloman]
    #2316304 - 02/09/04 01:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

friend, i wish i could answer all your questions but you've just picked the most tricky of the plants around there!

yes, peregrina is a species and columbrina is another so they're different plants. each species has about 3 varieties.

identifying them is pretty hard, but a go to a library could help you out a lot if you're lucky.

on usage i can say the less of all. for sure it is hard to break through (without MAOI) but even without breaking through it's still pretty 'narcotic like' and you might feel really tired and even sleep or stay in between sleeping/awake/half trippin...
thats easy to attain. not really recreational anyways.
i'm sure it would work through one's ass, if thats what you mean by administration routes... otherwise it's mostly intranasal/blowing or smoking. there's only one known anahuasca which uses yopo, search erowid.
they use decaf coffee on this one...
hope it helps.
Alkaseltzer should be saying something soon!

FH

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden