Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Canadians.....
    #2303781 - 02/05/04 03:48 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

.....what do you know about this? Is there common knowledge of this despite what the story claims?

Thursday, February 05, 2004

VANCOUVER, British Columbia ? The more Canadian police dig underneath a pig farm east of Vancouver, British Columbia (search), the more death they unearth.

Over the past two years, police have discovered the partial remains of 31 women, making it the country's worst serial killer case.

"This is supposedly the good and peaceable kingdom ... Canada," said criminologist/sociologist Bob Ratner. "It's getting increasingly difficult to think of Canada as some kind of sanctuary from those crimes."

Farm owner Robert Willy Pickton (search) faces 22 counts of murder so far. His alleged victims are all prostitutes from downtown Vancouver's east side.

The details of the murders are unbelievably gruesome. Police found human body parts in freezers used to store unsold meat. They also discovered remains in a wood chipper (search) ? the victims' bodies turned into pig feed. But most Canadians don't know any of this horrifying evidence because the country's media has been barred from reporting it.

"Canadians are trying to protect the integrity of the criminal justice system, protect people's reputation against encroachment, against jury taint," said Mary Lynn Young, an assistant journalism professor at the University of British Columbia (search).

But experts warn that Canada's coverage ban has a dangerous flip side ? shielding the public from the details of the case also protects the police from critical scrutiny and has the public wondering why it took so long for the women to be found.

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: Canadians..... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2303786 - 02/05/04 04:00 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thats crazy i always knew those canadians were two faced....maybe they are the ones killin everyone down here in the usa....haha no but seriously thats some fucked up shit. i think its GHEY that they arent telling anyone.

--------------------
Mice have feelings

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2303911 - 02/05/04 06:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It's not like we don't know about this story. It's been in the news quite a few times in the past two years and is pretty big news for Canada. The last time something this "big" happened that I can remember was the Paul Bernardo case (he kidnapped, raped, tortured, and eventually murdered two young girls). As I remember...they had a media blackout of the details of that case as well - until the case was over and Bernardo was in jail.

I don't really see a problem with this. We know what's going on, the details themselves aren't that important.

And besides, we'll find out all the details once the jury has had a chance to come to an impartial decision in the case - once the case is over.

I dunno...I think we just aren't as hooked on the "gory details" as you Americans seem to be.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#2304546 - 02/05/04 11:16 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

We hear LOTS about it. every week or so another hookers DNA comes up at the farm. They are slowly cheking off a list of like 50 possible women. The news shows and papers probably talk about it once a week here in Vancouver(not bad considering it's far from breaking news).

About the police investigation. Who cares really? So what if they only prove he killed 34 woman instead of 37?

Side note- quite a large pecentage of pyshco serial kilers come from the pacific northwest, be it Washington or B.C.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2304666 - 02/05/04 11:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

whoa, thats like that movie Snatch...

the main mafia dude in that movie said that he always dispos ed of bodies by feeding them to his pigs...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2305828 - 02/05/04 03:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That's what I guessed. Word still spreads.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2306231 - 02/05/04 05:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

"This is supposedly the good and peaceable kingdom ... Canada," said criminologist/sociologist Bob Ratner. "It's getting increasingly difficult to think of Canada as some kind of sanctuary from those crimes."

They say that when you are in New York City, you are never more that 70 feet from a serial killer.

I believe that it is the intention of Bob Ratner to sensationalize. As the american news media will lie about anything "for ratings," Mr. Ratner will say anything to be quoted in the media. I suspect he gets paid per unit of fear.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2306337 - 02/05/04 06:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Police found human body parts in freezers used to store unsold meat. They also discovered remains in a wood chipper (search) ? the victims' bodies turned into pig feed. But most Canadians don't know any of this horrifying evidence because the country's media has been barred from reporting it.

This is a well known story in Canada, out West anyways.  The gory details above are not well known, but I dont think anyone cares.  Something like that might be buried near the last page of the newspaper.  Canadians don't want to read that kind of news, unlike you sado-masochistic Americans.  :smirk:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2309204 - 02/06/04 03:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, we hear about the story all the time, there are just certain details that can't be published as they can damage the integrity of the trial. When the trial is over, there is no longer any kind of publication ban.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates