Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants
    #23027967 -

I am 20 and I have extremely poor oral health. I've been drinking soda since I could walk, and I never really got into the routine of brushing my teeth until quite recently. Bad genes and a fear of the dentist also didn't help.

My dentist says I need to have every tooth extracted. It will cost about 60k in dental implants to get my smile back.

I can't get over it. I am lucky enough to be able to afford implants and anesthesia but the thought of waking up without teeth is terrifying. It will take two weeks of healing after the extractions, and then finally the drilling into my skull begins and they can put in the implants.

I am so anxious and I guess I just needed to talk to about it, not sure I can talk to my friends about this. Does anyone have dental impants here and can share about their experience?


--------------------

"Every man is happy until happiness is suddenly a goal"

Edited by Mac DeMushroom (03/20/16 09:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Mac DeMushroom] * 6
    #23027978 -

Every tooth, I highly recommend a second opinion just to be sure.  Dentist's are business, make sure you have a dentist you can trust, it's very important.  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: qman] * 1
    #23027987 -

Look at going to Mexico. Dental work can often be done for about 1/10th of the cost and will still be covered by insurance.


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Ole Field Trashe]
    #23027992 -

God I would not get all my teeth pulled & replaced in mexico :lol:

I'm sure if you've been drinking soda that long and didn't brush.... well it must be bad :smirk:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: twighead] * 3
    #23028034 -

Yes. A country of 125 million people must have completely inadequate dentistry.



The UK on the other hand...


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Ole Field Trashe]
    #23028096 -

Population doesn't mean much :lol: I wouldn't go to Nigeria or India for dentistry work either. And I'm sure there are decent ones too - but the general cleanliness levels and lack of oversight generally repel me from getting any medical work done there.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Mac DeMushroom]
    #23028159 -

Too scared to get it. I have a phobia of dentists, I have to be put into full anesthesia and have it done in an actual hospital, and that is because dentists have seen what happens when I try to do it at their office. Last time I passed out and started "seizing" and scared the living shit out of my dentist. I told her I needed to be referred to have it done under full anesthesia but she didn't want to take my word for it. 2 or 3 seconds after I felt the needle the blackness closed in and I woke up to every single staff member in that office standing around me looking horrified. Needless to say, I got the referral. That was to remove all the teeth on the bottom. I couldn't afford to have the implant done under anesthesia, so I'm just kinda fucked.

I don't have any teeth. They were pretty bad, really was no saving them. I was in constant pain though so I had to get it taken care of. Too many people take their teeth for granted. I know I sure did. Not having them really sucks though. I can eat just about any food (besides stuff like nuts) but for a lot of them it comes at a price. Like chips.. Gums tore up and sore for a day. Apples would be another type that is very difficult to eat without teeth. You can cut it up, but trying to smash that shit with gums doesn't work too well. There seems to be a lot of people out there who haven't paid attention to how much they use their teeth for way more than just chewing food.

I have dentures but they hurt and no amount of adjusting them has ever changed it. I don't even bother with them anymore. They're not worth it honestly.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (03/20/16 10:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: twighead]
    #23028170 -

Whyd u go to the dentist in the first place then? Lol were u experiencing pain?

Ive been drinking pop for the samr amount of time and used to smoke annddd have maybe brushed my teeth 10 times in my life so far...im sure if i went to a dentist now id get told the same thing :lol:

I had to get 4 crowns put in when i was around 12ish i think...that sucked ass. Ive never been back since then.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: twighead]
    #23028198 -

twighead said:
God I would not get all my teeth pulled & replaced in mexico :lol:



Me neither, I think.

To be fair though, my mother had hers done in Mexico. Just over the border there are practices that cater exclusively to Americans. I understand the work is comparable to that of the US. Medical tourism is becoming quite real.





qman said:
Every tooth, I highly recommend a second opinion just to be sure.  Dentist's are business, make sure you have a dentist you can trust, it's very important.  :thumbup:



My dentist is a family friend, and to put it in his words "it's hopeless". I have cavities in every tooth, and essentially no enamel. His thinking is pull them all, because they are essentially beyond saving. The few that don't need pulling yet will need to be pulled eventually.  The work is extensive enough that he can't really take me into his small practice.


--------------------

"Every man is happy until happiness is suddenly a goal"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Ole Field Trashe]
    #23028216 -

Ahab McBathsalts said:
Yes. A country of 125 million people must have completely inadequate dentistry.



The UK on the other hand...





Thailand is his best bet. There are some top notch dentists there. Buddy of mine got all his teeth replaced by a top dentist for 45k. In the states it would have been over 100k


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Mr. Magic] * 2
    #23028279 -

Mr. Magic said:
Ive been drinking pop for the samr amount of time and used to smoke annddd have maybe brushed my teeth 10 times in my life so far...im sure if i went to a dentist now id get told the same thing :lol:

I had to get 4 crowns put in when i was around 12ish i think...that sucked ass. Ive never been back since then.




Holy fucking shit. You might need a psychologist as much as you need a dentist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Mac DeMushroom]
    #23028358 -

get a grill

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: tdubz]
    #23028379 -

tdubz said:
get a grill



:bucktoothfattygangsta:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: John Nada]
    #23028427 -

John Nada said:
Mr. Magic said:
Ive been drinking pop for the samr amount of time and used to smoke annddd have maybe brushed my teeth 10 times in my life so far...im sure if i went to a dentist now id get told the same thing :lol:

I had to get 4 crowns put in when i was around 12ish i think...that sucked ass. Ive never been back since then.




Holy fucking shit. You might need a psychologist as much as you need a dentist.



Yeah ik :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Mr. Magic]
    #23028440 -

Oh im also 20 too! Ive actually been told i have a great smile so :shrug: ill regret not brushing some day tho ik that.

Anytime i decide im gonna start i make it a week max then quit again...so i just never have for a long time now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Mr. Magic]
    #23028500 -

Don't trust your family
They let you drink soda every day from walking age
Get your teeth fixed
Fix that soda habbit
Don't think you will be immune to getting poor bacterial health because you have fake teeth

You should be allowed to sue your parents for negligence

Yeah, 'bad genes' the most retarded excuse for drinking g that tooth dissolving toxic sludge.

Literally, bad dental health can cause cardiac arrest
And not many people know this


--------------------

Edited by specialpeopleclub (03/20/16 11:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Mac DeMushroom]
    #23028520 -

Youare getting taken for a ride.  I had to have 11 crowns, 7 extractions, before implants.  For front top row missing 4 or 5 teeth, they put an abutment on the first teeth that arent missing and implant at tha point, with a bridge of teeth connected.  This is much different than implanting 5 teeth across the front, and just as strong, and just as cosmetically good.

Then they implant singles if necessary.

My total bill is 18,000 and I am about halfway through it.


The reason, I had HCV and couldn't fight infections, and also had a pretty bad case of meth-mouth.


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: starfire_xes]
    #23028530 -

As opposed to a pretty good case of meth-mouth, LOL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: California]
    #23028545 -

Brushing plaque off ur teeth leaves them vulnerable...it accumulates as protection :smugjerry:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouch. I'm 20 and need oral implants [Re: Mr. Magic] * 1
    #23028549 -

No.  Brush your fucking teeth, and don't do meth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* [Poll]When do you brush your teeth?
( 1 2 all )
Requiem 4,322 28 06/17/04 05:47 AM
by Innvertigo
* Why do we brush our teeths in the morning?
( 1 2 all )
deadmoap 1,939 20 01/20/06 02:28 PM
by Jadian
* Do you brush your teeth in the shower?
( 1 2 all )
neuro 4,789 35 11/15/03 05:08 PM
by Ripple
* RF ID chip implantation required for work trendalM 1,702 17 02/13/06 02:38 PM
by Redstorm
* The Best Mouthwash
( 1 2 3 4 all )
dumbfounded1600 3,687 75 01/20/08 06:26 AM
by UnholyChild666
* .
( 1 2 all )
z_x_x_z 7,107 23 10/07/07 08:28 AM
by Learyfan
* MD 20/20
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 1,936 25 01/07/06 09:24 PM
by Fireside
* distilling mouthwash? PoopSoap 4,762 12 10/09/13 07:11 PM
by roachy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,272 topic views. 1 members, 50 guests and 263 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.