Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSkunkMonk
Lab-Rat is myMiddle Name.
Loc: South Africa
My First Outdoor Patch
    #2296113 - 02/03/04 12:21 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hi All.

Here are two pics of my first outdoor patch. I dug a smallish hole, covered the bottom in peat+verm, put a layer of goat manure, crumbled one cake and cased top with peat+verm. 9 days later this is what it looks like. Sorry about the poor quality pics I only have a crappy digicam. Hope you get the idea, There are 8 babies in total ( not that you can see all of them ) But from what I've read first flushes on outdoor patch's aren't that impressive. I'm just happy it worked out. Oh they are GT's

--------------------
If one has all,
Then one lies.
No one too tall,
Can Touch the sky.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTaffy
enthusiast

Re: My First Outdoor Patch [Re: SkunkMonk]
    #2296131 - 02/03/04 12:29 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

siiiiiick good job :thumbup:

Edited by Taffy (02/03/04 12:29 AM)

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: My First Outdoor Patch [Re: Taffy]
    #2296145 - 02/03/04 12:39 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i wanna start an outdoor patch this summer but cant get ahold of any cyans or azures and was thinking of doin cubs like u did.. what sort of environment are you in, or does anyone know what sort of environment would do best?

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
Re: My First Outdoor Patch [Re: SkunkMonk]
    #2296161 - 02/03/04 12:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

just about any climate is good asuming it stays moist and you dont have frequents freezes. seriously, its almost fool proof, i mean a fucking headless chicken could grow em outdoors man

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: My First Outdoor Patch [Re: acidhead1279]
    #2296163 - 02/03/04 12:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

do u kno where i can read more aboud it acid?

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

OfflineSkunkMonk
Re: My First Outdoor Patch [Re: Yarry]
    #2296190 - 02/03/04 12:58 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yarry, I would also suggest making a cover of some sorts, if you lack humidity. A cage covered Clear plastic. I did that because we had heavy rain and I didn't want to have my patch wash away. oh here's a link for you, although I didn't do it quite like they describe, some good info though and it's on Cubes.
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23532
All the best, pm me if you need any more info or suggestions , I'm going to carry on experimenting

--------------------
If one has all,
Then one lies.
No one too tall,
Can Touch the sky.

OfflineSkunkMonk
    #2296191 - 02/03/04 12:58 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yarry, I would also suggest making a cover of some sorts, if you lack humidity. A cage covered Clear plastic. I did that because we had heavy rain and I didn't want to have my patch wash away. oh here's a link for you, although I didn't do it quite like they describe, some good info though and it's on Cubes.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23532

All the best, pm me if you need any more info or suggestions , I'm going to carry on experimenting

--------------------
If one has all,
Then one lies.
No one too tall,
Can Touch the sky.

Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
    #2296192 - 02/03/04 12:58 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

well there's moe's input in the faq, other than that i dont know, i just did it like he said and experimented with variations thereof, getting better each time, and i live in a somewhat dry part of the states.  just about anywhere in the states though will be good climate during the summer except say the desert.  but if you want big flushes then you need to use big amounts of spawn in you chosen substrate, at least thats what I would do, then again im impatient.  my advice would be just find a shady little spot, dig a hole around 6-8 inches deep, maybe 1-2 feet square (or larger :smile: ), then lay down some wet straw, then some spawn, then some worm castings/compost, then some spawn, then some straw and so on until the patch is full and just top it all off with the dirt you dug up mixed with some vermiculite or peat moss or both.  just watch out for FUCKING SLUGS.  youre probably going to have to go slug hunting around your patch(s) in the middle of the night to get rid of them cause theyll eat the mycelium.  oh and also if lack of humidity is your problem ive head of people putting pieces of wet cardboard over thier patches to help contain some water, but i just went out and watered my patch every few days...

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

Edited by acidhead1279 (02/03/04 01:00 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate