Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Most beautiful National Anthem?
    #22866086 -

I know only one.

And only that very spotty.
Talking Heads said American currency was the ugliest in the world.
Okay, fine. I like to think one of the good things about Merka is we make fun of ourselves. Fat, rich?, obnoxious, homophobic, nationalistic?
But seriously, enlighten my mortal social body.
Just in terms of abstract beauty.

I sincerely want to here your nation's anthem.
:smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: SoupSandwich] * 1
    #22866091 -

Oh say can you see? By the dawns early light... what so proudly we hailed, at the twilights last gleaming...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: The Moose]
    #22866094 -

AND THE ROCKETS RED GLARE
D BOMBS BURSTING IN AIR
gave per of through the night that our flag was still there...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: The Moose]
    #22866102 -

*goosebumps*

I know! How gay!

But seriously. wow. Remove kebab.

So much for not goose-imprinting me, USA.

Seriously though, I hated, hated, hated the US ...until I went overseas and met those other, crosslegged, sit while pissing fuckers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #22866134 -

Do you even know the history? FSK wrote that while under attack by the brits in the war of 1812

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #22866173 -

We didn't start that one :shrug: it's not a song about aggression. You just made it sound so negative

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: The Moose]
    #22866227 -

Western Democracy = Formal Logic = Enlightenment = Science = Ethics = Tolerance = Letting Them Fuckers in.
Etc, but, I'm talking straight musical anthems...


Nice! Too bad they are afraid to sing it in public.

Let's go children of the fatherland,
The day of glory has arrived!
Against us tyranny's
Bloody flag is raised! (repeat)
In the countryside, do you hear
The roaring of these fierce soldiers?
They come right to our arms
To slit the throats of our sons, our friends!

Refrain

Grab your weapons, citizens!
Form your batallions!
Let us march! Let us march!
May impure blood
Water our fields!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This horde of slaves, traitors, plotting kings,
What do they want?
For whom these vile shackles,
These long-prepared irons? (repeat)
Frenchmen, for us, oh! what an insult!
What emotions that must excite!
It is us that they dare to consider
Returning to ancient slavery!

What! These foreign troops
Would make laws in our home!
What! These mercenary phalanxes
Would bring down our proud warriors! (repeat)
Good Lord! By chained hands
Our brows would bend beneath the yoke!
Vile despots would become
The masters of our fate!

Tremble, tyrants! and you, traitors,
The disgrace of all groups,
Tremble! Your parricidal plans
Will finally pay the price! (repeat)
Everyone is a soldier to fight you,
If they fall, our young heros,
France will make more,
Ready to battle you!

Frenchmen, as magnanimous warriors,
Bear or hold back your blows!
Spare these sad victims,
Regretfully arming against us. (repeat)
But not these bloodthirsty despots,
But not these accomplices of Bouillé,
All of these animals who, without pity,
Tear their mother's breast to pieces!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sacred love of France,
Lead, support our avenging arms!
Liberty, beloved Liberty,
Fight with your defenders! (repeat)
Under our flags, let victory
Hasten to your manly tones!
May your dying enemies
See your triumph and our glory!

Refrain

We will enter the pit
When our elders are no longer there;
There, we will find their dust
And the traces of their virtues. (repeat)
Much less eager to outlive them
Than to share their casket,
We will have the sublime pride
Of avenging them or following them!

Refrain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #22866280 -

I like the Russian Anthem, makes me think of epic hockey battles and Rocky 4


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: my3rdeye]
    #22866292 -

I prefer the USSR anthem over Russia's, sounds very majestic like a grandiose symphony or orchestra.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: Crystal G]
    #22866312 -

I have to say, I LOVE North Korea's anthem, you can really hear the patriotism in it




I honestly think Israel has one of the most beautiful and moving and touching anthems though... the background music in this just really moves me for some reason. I could easily see this as a soft rock or pop song




I surprisingly like Saudi Arabia's anthem too, the lead singers are kind of shitty and not very good vocalists in this particular clip, but the chorus is great and would sound great with better singers




France is also very good, you can really hear remnants of the French revolution in their lyrics





And of course Italy's has to be good, they are the king of opera and music


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: Crystal G] * 1
    #22866391 -



'murica.


no but for real, I don't care for most of them, but Spain's is aight


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #22866394 -

Ugh, Jesus, that sloppy, savage voice.

ugh, no.

Spain, ok.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #22866406 -

I love Atmosphere.

No one seems to like that one song but I think it's catchy af

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #22866460 -

I think I saw him in Eugene, one time.

Is he white? Not being racial, just asking.
I was holding up the whole right (depends on who's perspective) side of the theater waving my hands, when (blank) came through.


Anyways:
OH SHIT, IT WAS HIM! And that fat fuck other white guy, this was like, 12 years ago, though...

US National Anthem, werd: my disgrace:


But seriously: My personal USA anthem, because we all know it's coming:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #22866500 -

I love Atmosphere. I've been jammin' his shit since middle school consistently.



That song has helped me through some rough shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: Rustifer] * 1
    #22866515 -

Bhutan's is the pengest :3 One of the few countries that actually retains their own style of music instead of trying to copy some generic western style.



--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #22867333 -

Check out the one I posted for Bhutan :wink:

But I agree - China's purposeful destruction of their own culture in particular is sad and horrendous. Their traditional instruments are so beautiful, how they could spit on such a thing and call it progress is beyond me.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #22867379 -

I agree that'd be neat but I find it pretty zen in its current form too :awesome:

The Nepali one is a bit of a fusion but it's pretty neat hehehe



--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Most beautiful National Anthem? [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #22867963 -

Ahh yeah good idea, always looking for good sources of a capella vocals to expound upon and that ones nearly perfect.

And right? It has quite an odd character hahaha.. but much less of the 'Big ol' proud nationalistic' weird vibe :lol:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The D.A.R.E National Anthem cubeladd 796 15 12/22/05 06:19 AM
by danamine
* National Anthem SoDak_Stranger 515 2 07/13/04 11:25 PM
by kadakuda
* Who okd Roseanne Barr singing the national anthem? question_for_joo 683 1 04/10/05 04:22 PM
by WillieTomg
* Beautiful pictures you have taken thread (warning for 56K users!)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
RandalFlagg 6,424 77 03/20/06 09:40 PM
by rockytop83
* Beautiful things to see in Western America
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 4,323 34 03/03/05 03:56 PM
by WoodsCall
* USC is not going for its 3rd national championship. kilroy69 911 6 12/23/05 10:51 PM
by Banez
* this is so beautiful!
( 1 2 3 all )
Phishgrrl 1,889 44 06/08/05 05:41 PM
by In(di)go
* Shawnee National Forest
( 1 2 all )
Adom 2,856 30 04/30/04 01:11 PM
by Adom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,575 topic views. 4 members, 13 guests and 143 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.