Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Gambling, God and LSD
    #2279216 -

Anyone saw that movie?
I had seen it at the theatre and finally found it on DVD.

I think it's one of the best movies I've seen.

I consider this movie more as a " meditative" movie. It's about this guy who uses a normal hand held camera and goes in Toronto, Las Vegas, Switzerland and India. He tries to find out what makes people happy and what they do in their search for happiness.

It's more a documentary then a movie and what I liked the most about it is that the author uses narration but never to judge. There is not a lot of intervention from the author and he lets us observe and think about what we see.

So in all and all it's a great movie with a thousand reflections on us, others and what are our goals in life.

Anyone else seen it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gambling, God and LSD [Re: Asco]
    #2279344 -

I havent seen it,sounds cool, i like the title . Nice Avatar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gambling, God and LSD [Re: Asco]
    #2279530 -

i didint even read your post, but that is one of the funniest avatars i've ever seen...good work


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gambling, God and LSD [Re: Asco]
    #2279548 -

where's the lsd come in? :wink:

heh sounds interesting


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gambling, God and LSD [Re: Asco]
    #2279570 -

here is some more info from imdb.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332626/

"In a society that appears determined to keep us alienated from our true self, knowledge of reality achieved through personal experience or visionary states seems to be a fit subject only for media giggles or academic smugness. In his experimental three-hour documentary that took ten years to complete, Gambling, Gods and LSD, Canadian filmmaker Peter Mettler wants to change this.

Part travelogue and part photographic essay, the film takes us on a "journey of discovery" to different parts of the globe observing the different ways in which people seek transcendence. During the course of the three hours, we are presented with a dazzling display of images and sounds of nature and humanity: alpine fog, boys playing cricket, running water, a crippled beggar looking at the camera, a moving train, a jet plane reaching skyward among others. Mettler interviews biochemists, heroin addicts, gamblers, born-again Christians, and 97-year old Albert Hoffman, the inventor of LSD, each seeking to express the meaning of their life but ideas are not fully explored. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dimmu Borgir is God-Like
( 1 2 all )
fireworks_godS 2,239 22 10/12/03 02:57 PM
by fireworks_god
* LSD Psychotherapy, by Stanislav Grof Joshua 1,942 10 05/18/05 12:31 AM
by freddurgan
* Australian Mushroom Web Page - 'Forbidden Fruit- A documentary' RonnySimulacrum 1,352 3 07/26/03 06:10 AM
by RonnySimulacrum
* Dutch documentary on magic mushrooms Jeroen198 2,730 1 09/07/02 01:06 AM
by paddo
* Musicians...Shrooms or LSD?
( 1 2 all )
orizon 8,108 26 07/16/10 11:49 AM
by Sunny
* American Gods Discordja 969 4 09/15/02 07:52 PM
by Remy
* lsd drawings angryjslice 3,132 8 02/06/04 02:32 PM
by angryjslice
* LSD Blotter Art Show - Chicago 6/26/04 VeX_Harbinger 2,122 5 06/19/04 05:18 PM
by Redo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
998 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.