Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAsco
Explorer of theMind

Loc: Montreal
Gambling, God and LSD
    #2279216 - 01/27/04 09:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone saw that movie?
I had seen it at the theatre and finally found it on DVD.

I think it's one of the best movies I've seen.

I consider this movie more as a " meditative" movie. It's about this guy who uses a normal hand held camera and goes in Toronto, Las Vegas, Switzerland and India. He tries to find out what makes people happy and what they do in their search for happiness.

It's more a documentary then a movie and what I liked the most about it is that the author uses narration but never to judge. There is not a lot of intervention from the author and he lets us observe and think about what we see.

So in all and all it's a great movie with a thousand reflections on us, others and what are our goals in life.

Anyone else seen it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezoso507
Burned Down
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gambling, God and LSD [Re: Asco]
    #2279344 - 01/27/04 10:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I havent seen it,sounds cool, i like the title . Nice Avatar

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2279530 - 01/27/04 11:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i didint even read your post, but that is one of the funniest avatars i've ever seen...good work

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2279548 - 01/28/04 12:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

where's the lsd come in? :wink:

heh sounds interesting

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

#2279570 - 01/28/04 12:17 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

here is some more info from imdb.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332626/

"In a society that appears determined to keep us alienated from our true self, knowledge of reality achieved through personal experience or visionary states seems to be a fit subject only for media giggles or academic smugness. In his experimental three-hour documentary that took ten years to complete, Gambling, Gods and LSD, Canadian filmmaker Peter Mettler wants to change this.

Part travelogue and part photographic essay, the film takes us on a "journey of discovery" to different parts of the globe observing the different ways in which people seek transcendence. During the course of the three hours, we are presented with a dazzling display of images and sounds of nature and humanity: alpine fog, boys playing cricket, running water, a crippled beggar looking at the camera, a moving train, a jet plane reaching skyward among others. Mettler interviews biochemists, heroin addicts, gamblers, born-again Christians, and 97-year old Albert Hoffman, the inventor of LSD, each seeking to express the meaning of their life but ideas are not fully explored. "

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom