Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Alex Grey
    #2261215 -

Yo- I'm sure a lot of you people here have heard of alex grey. He has become one of my favorite artists and I just read sacred mirrors a week ago (which I think partly triggered a super intense trip on mushrooms a few days later, http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat-Number-2249841.html )

anyways I was wondering if he has put out any other books besides sacred mirrors? Danke.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey [Re: pineal666]
    #2261288 -

www.alexgrey.com
his books are for sale there, so are his posters. I just bought the Kissing poster...he also has some Blotter Art for sale at www.tripatourium.com, which i also purchased...his art has so much energy flowing from them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey [Re: pineal666]
    #2261326 -

He was the "Art Editor" in a book I have called Zig Zag Zen: Buddhism and psychedelics.  The book is made up of a bunch of articles written by various people,  Terence Mckenna, Rick Strassman, and of course Alex just to name a few of the more popular names.  I really enjoyed this book.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0...6957524-3992622

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey [Re: pineal666]
    #2261400 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey [Re: pineal666]
    #2261776 -

alex grey wrote a book regarding his philosophy on art ... it's called The Mission of Art ...

i bought it a long time ago but haven't gotten around to sitting down and reading it because i haven't been able to give it my full attiention ...

i'd suggest checking it out based on what i have read so far tho


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey [Re: HB]
    #2261788 -

You and Alex Grey are my favorite artists


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey [Re: Shroomism]
    #2261849 -

:heart:


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #2262033 -

Thanks y'all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey [Re: pineal666]
    #2262344 -

Alex grey is my favorite artist for sure!! His work is just amazing.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey [Re: pineal666]
    #2262512 -

I've got his other main art book called "Transfigurations", and it's much more about his art his whole life, including performances, than Sacred Mirrors. It also covers a few of his newer paintings like Transfigurations, Gaia, Cosmic Christ... I highly recommend.

Alex Grey is IT.


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* alex gray remixed igor21000 709 3 02/19/06 08:35 PM
by igor21000
* Alex Grey urite4594 2,391 11 01/01/06 03:53 PM
by asd11
* Alex Grey and his books chodamunky 1,062 6 05/05/03 11:16 PM
by thestringphish
* What do think this Alex Grey represents?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
WScott 14,446 62 09/26/09 11:16 PM
by desiretoheal
* Alex Grey's Chapel of Sacred Mirrors (CoSM)
( 1 2 all )
LSDXM 7,464 38 11/17/08 08:42 PM
by Platinum
* Alex Grey, Shpongle,Strassman (DMT) coming to Austin May 1st reevolution 2,605 10 03/05/10 01:28 AM
by FractalDust
* Alex Grey is gonna be in LA
( 1 2 all )
Noviseer 3,114 33 03/13/05 03:46 PM
by vampirism
* Who is your favorite visual artist? TheArtist 1,273 13 07/02/09 09:13 AM
by Nexion

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
977 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.