Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Fun With TeXtures (Need Help)
    #2238906 -

I need help with making textures in photoshop.
They are going to be used to wrap around 3D objects for ( R4 )
Any tips on how to make symetrical textures is greatly appreciated!
I was able to create a few, but I ran into problems with them not matching up.

To view as a texture open thumbnail, right click and set as desktop background.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fun With TeXtures (Need Help) [Re: Effed]
    #2239115 -

Strumpling! Mr. seamless tile man, where are ya?


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fun With TeXtures (Need Help) [Re: Effed]
    #2240804 -

here's one I made long ago that is kinda similar to that red one you posted


http://strumpling.hallucinaut.com/desktop/Matt/Circulatorium%201.jpg

Tiled

my tip would be to use only "offset-friendly" filters :smile: meaning try stuff out, then use the "offset" filter under "other" in photoshop and see if your recent actions are seamless - offsetting your file will show you if it will tile :smile:


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (01/14/04 02:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fun With TeXtures (Need Help) [Re: Strumpling]
    #2240807 -

and sometimes if you want to get a bit messy you can KIND OF edit out your seams with the rubber stamp tool, liquify tool, blurring...

and lol Blastrid :smile: I'm honored :-D


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (01/14/04 02:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fun With TeXtures (Need Help) [Re: Effed]
    #2241391 -

"Offset" filter will be your best friend :smile:


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fun With TeXtures (Need Help) [Re: Effed]
    #2241472 -

yup. that's the best way to go about it. here's a basic tutorial:
http://biorust.com/index.php?page=tutorial_detail&tutid=18
I use this technique all the time to create tileable texture maps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fun With TeXtures (Need Help) [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2242393 -

btw, I just found this bad ass site:

www.good-tutorials.com

Very Helpful!


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fun With TeXtures (Need Help) [Re: Strumpling]
    #2242652 -

Thanks guys, this info will prove infinitely helpful.
I knew you would come through.  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fun With TeXtures (Need Help) [Re: Blastrid]
    #2242818 -

that's a great site,
with a whole section on textures
thanks

I also downloaded R4. it's better than any winamp plug-in I've seen. it's not a plug-in though - it's a standalone program that works with any sound source. realtime 3d rendering in response to music. very cool program. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fun With TeXtures (Need Help) [Re: Effed]
    #2242905 -

Maybe you could make the background very geometric, but have the lines contrast eachother to make it look like grooves. So you would have like a natural kind of indentation, a relief of sorts. how you would go about this i dont know, but all but the bottom right one seem to look a little flat. In my drawing class last semester my professor was telling me that it had to do with color choice, contrast, and the intensity in which the color was applied to the shape. In this case its whatever design your making for a texture. I just thought of kind of like small grooves kind of, i dont know! heh, good luck!

Well, after reading again what you wrote, i think i missed the point completely, and probably just wasted server space, sorry dude! Im an idiot  :nut:


--------------------
What?

Edited by Zero7a1 (01/14/04 11:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* fruity loops fun! pineal666 801 4 01/21/04 02:36 PM
by Blastrid
* Bryce 5 is fun! Just a Punk 642 3 03/28/02 01:48 PM
by mjshroomer
* A Colorful Pattern w/ Texture farfelu 724 3 08/29/03 02:03 PM
by farfelu
* Photographic Fun
( 1 2 all )
fujisawa 3,824 29 07/09/04 11:43 AM
by stefan
* new sketchbook fun ... HB 1,278 18 09/01/05 09:40 AM
by HB
* Fun with Clay! EffedS 1,056 12 05/25/03 11:05 PM
by trev
* Fun with lite brite DannyT 805 7 05/02/04 08:27 PM
by DannyT
* fun with geometry... Smack31 1,749 14 09/22/02 09:14 AM
by dee_N_ae

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,806 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.