Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp)
    #22073174 -

Trailer



Shit looks dope as fuck. Based on infamous real life Boston mobster Whitey Bulger.

Releases mid-September I believe.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: Nifflerz]
    #22073195 -

Yeah, that's an excellent trailer.  Movie looks real good too.

The Zoolander 2 teaser was released recently. A lot of people hated Zoolander, but I liked it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: Burke Dennings] * 4
    #22073200 -

there's literally not a single person on the planet who didn't love zoolander


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: Nifflerz]
    #22073208 -

Yeah that looks pretty cool. Even though Johnny Depp often plays some pretty similar roles, he really is a very versatile actor. A lot of famous 'actors' pretty much just play themselves in everything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #22073221 -

Here it is then.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #22073371 -

I read Black Mass years ago when I was probably like 15 or something.  Super interesting story, I'll definitely see the movie just because I read the book.  I never really go to see movies but I have sort of personal interest having read the story so long ago.


--------------------





There are more people imprisoned for the commission of drug offenses in the United States - close to 500,000 - than are incarcerated in England, France, Germany, and Japan for all crimes combined.  Examined in another way, the United States has 100,000 more people incarcerated for nonviolent drug offenses than all the countries of the European Union combined, despite the fact that the European Union has 100 million more citizens. :crankey: 

- "Drugs and Drug Policy: The Control of Consciousness Alteration, 2007.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: Shpongle1]
    #22074099 -

I read a book bout him i cant wait for the movie


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: TheExperience]
    #22074371 -

depp typically does a fantastic job in his movies. looking forward to this one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: 404]
    #22074402 -

I'm a big Depp fan, but I was also an avid follower of the entire Whitey Bulger saga. Absolutely fascinating story around Bulger...dude was the most powerful mobster in Boston, had a brother in the US fucking Senate, and a childhood friend working deep within the FBI for him...I mean you can't write that shit. It would sound completely fictional. But it wasn't.

Then he disappears for 15 years -- living in Santa Monica in plain sight as the FBI's 2nd most wanted in the world behind Osama Bin Laden. Amazing stuff, really.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: Nifflerz]
    #22074436 -

I read a book by a guy that supposedly worked for James Bulger and supposedly they would have to supply him with a steady stream of underage boys and girls.  I wonder if that will be addressed in the movie.  I don't think it's really that appropriate to romanticize someone who actually was a reprehensible person when it comes down to it, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #22074467 -

moonrockmushy said:
I read a book by a guy that supposedly worked for James Bulger and supposedly they would have to supply him with a steady stream of underage boys and girls.  I wonder if that will be addressed in the movie.  I don't think it's really that appropriate to romanticize someone who actually was a reprehensible person when it comes down to it, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time.



Damn that's the first time I've heard that. I know what guy you're talking about too -- his right hand man, Kevin Weeks I believe.

He definitely shouldn't be romanticized; dude was ultimately a snitch after all. He gave up every other mobster (outside of his own crew) in Boston at the time to that fed friend of his. That's how he eliminated the competition. And he's also a serial killer for all intents & purposes.

That said though, his story is absolutely fascinating.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: Nifflerz]
    #22074473 -

And by the way, The Departed, the story & Jack Nicholson's character, were also inspired by Bulger & the story that surrounded him.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: Nifflerz]
    #22074528 -

I want to watch it now.

I've been going through a bunch of mobster documentary's recently.









--------------------


つ ◕_◕ ༽つ N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #22075905 -

Hadn't heard of Black Mass movie till now, lookin good.



Ugh zoolander2 , heysus khrist..terrible and i'm upset that i had to look at that stupid fuking expression on his face again.


--------------------
"...Terrific, im glad we've had this time to discuss..im outro, call me if you wanna blaze one up.."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #22075916 -

Sweet looking forward to it !


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #22075952 -

For the most part I can't stand Ben Stiller. There were some funny moments in Zoolander though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Black Mass (Starring Johnny Depp) [Re: psi]
    #22076212 -

The crazy mr. Mugatu scene on mushrooms was too much
Funniest character ever :rofl:


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Johnny Depp funds Hunter S. Thompson's Funeral
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 2,587 20 05/27/05 07:04 PM
by Noetical
* Depp Arranges Shooting of Thompson's Ashes RandalFlagg 741 3 05/27/05 09:48 AM
by afoaf
* Man, I love Fear And Loathing...
( 1 2 all )
Wolfe3001 2,920 37 12/05/04 11:06 PM
by Wolfe3001
* R.I.P. Johnny Ramone silversoul7 690 3 09/17/04 01:44 PM
by Phishgrrl
* Johnny Cash and String Cheese
( 1 2 all )
Cherk 2,732 27 09/30/03 11:58 PM
by Stubaby
* good mobster movie
( 1 2 all )
lar20 2,424 22 11/30/12 03:29 PM
by zZZz
* Myspace Mobsters game ShiVersblood 1,879 12 09/04/08 01:21 PM
by kay62105
* mobsters on myspace nachohippie 308 1 11/07/09 02:46 AM
by pmb

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,434 topic views. 8 members, 58 guests and 241 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.