Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones?
    #21981130 -

Hannibal: Cancelled.

Most amazing psychological thriller I've ever seen in my life, serial killer and cannibal Hannibal Lecter. Mads Mikkelsson is fucking AMAZING. Superb acting. Intelligent show, great cast, 8.7/10 on IMBD. Same score as Mad Men, Louie, Who's Line, Sns of Anarchy etc..... It gets cancelled. WTF?

Wayward Pines: Cancelled

Another new amazing show, great story, lots of mystery, good acting, very interesting plot, enough of a story to make several seasons; cancelled

And yet they keep shitty shows on the air forever...

Why?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Patlal]
    #21981208 -

Such is the taste of the larger viewing public I guess. It sure would explain why reality shows are still a thing...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #21981222 -

they cancelled it. wow, that's like one show where i was waiting for the new season.

:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Patlal]
    #21981227 -

Heroes

Firefly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Adden]
    #21981286 -

Wait what? They canceled Hannibal? :awewtf:, that show was way better than Dexter in every way (:imo:). It had the perfect blend of excellent acting, solid writing, and food porn!


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Patlal]
    #21981504 -

I thought Wayward Pines was a mini series?

1 ep left.

Fav show of this summer on Hulu And also Aquarius is me summer fav too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Lived_1978-2043]
    #21981535 -

Maybe you've got shitty tastes? :shrug:


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Patlal]
    #21981542 -

Hannibal was alright, I'm not really upset it was canceled though. First season was great, but 2 and 3 (so far) just seemed to drag on forever. I could deal with more actual plot/dialog and less of the edgy artsy shit.

As for why good shows get canceled and crap stays on, couldn't tell you. Guess the general public just doesn't have the patience or attention span to support shows with actual plots. It's easier to just plop down and watch some reality bullshit than get emotionally vested in an actual show and follow a plot for more than 5 minutes at a time.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (07/22/15 06:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21981566 -

firefly :nonono:

Constantine was canceled earlier this year. It was a great show, way better than that supernatural show yet that has like 10 seasons.


--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Patlal]
    #21981569 -

Better off Ted :wtfsonic:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #21981570 -

Yeah I was really looking forward to more of Constantine.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #21981579 -

Hey!:crankey: I like Supernatural.  I've never seen Constantine.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Amanita86]
    #21981587 -

Haven't watched tv in years. The only show I think I watch is Better Call Saul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Amanita86]
    #21981594 -

Amanita86 said:
Hey!:crankey: I like Supernatural.  I've never seen Constantine.



:whathesaid:


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #21981628 -

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Amanita86 said:
Hey!:crankey: I like Supernatural.  I've never seen Constantine.



:whathesaid:



.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21981638 -

Shroomslip said:
Yeah I was really looking forward to more of Constantine.



Did someone ask for more constantine?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #21981672 -

ReposadoXochipilli said:
ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Amanita86 said:
Hey!:crankey: I like Supernatural.  I've never seen Constantine.



:whathesaid:



.



aww do you haz the buthrt :tongue:

supernatural is like ok honestly. I've tried time and time again to get into it and I just can't, those brothers are so annoyingly silly. Def give constantine a watch, its great stuff if you really like the supernatural genre.


--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Patlal]
    #21981987 -

Shitty tv shows that never get cancelled happens because when pop culture fools hear about some blogger or weight loss magazine mention it, they have to watch it.


Seriously though, it happens way too much and it is fucking stupid. Fuck pop culture, all it is is a bunch of overzealous people who want to have a bunch of kids and eat at olive garden and that is all they do in life. They subscribe to all the pop magizines, and they try to mimic famous people because their lives suck so much


I feel bad for people who follow that shit... most are brainwashed and think all there is to life is what society tells them about.



The worst part is that there are just so many people who get into it.... and it greatly overwhelms the general population, because most people watch TV shows they enjoy, rather than watch TV shows with the "hottest" actors/actresses from people's magazine...



I miss good TV. I stopped watching it around 2010 though, because all the good shows were now gone and it was nothing but pop culture bullshit.


Thankfully there is the internet, I can watch TV shows that are actually good but got cancelled because their spot on a channel was bought out by large pop corporations....









Movies are even worse than tv series though. I swear half of the people who go to watch a movie do it because they like the actor, they could care less about the movie itself....

Fuck them all man.... They ruin society in every direction you look. Hell if pop culture didn't exist then I doubt so many american women would try as hard to look like the girl on the magazine cover. They fool these people into thinking famous people are the only beautiful and good people in the world. I can't take a girl seriously if she dresses how culture tells her to. I like a girl who expresses themselves, not some fantasy they are trying to live. You have women out their who starve themselves, even to the point of death, because pop culture tells them to look as skinny as you can be.





All of the shit that makes America a crappy country can be easily linked to pop culture somehow.



It isn't fair that everyone else has to suffer because money and fame overpower genuinity. Our people, our tv, our outlook on what life is about, our advertising, our food, our opinions... all of it is controlled by pop culture, and you'd be a fool to think anyone can do something about it.



Sorry that was me just ranting... I know how it feels to have nice things in life be taken away due to fucking pop culture... thankfully there are some good tv series out there that don't buy into the shit. Every year there are less and less though... it's sad to see how much money and fame can control a country so much....


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #21982003 -

i dunno, i've seen more good TV recently, than normal...though of course, as per this thread's example, there is still an "abnormalcy", but there is way more good TV than ever before...before the best we had were Sitcom's and Cop Drama's.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do studios cancel amazing shows and renew shitty ones? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21982041 -

akira_akuma said:
i dunno, i've seen more good TV recently, than normal...though of course, as per this thread's example, there is still an "abnormalcy", but there is way more good TV than ever before...before the best we had were Sitcom's and Cop Drama's.



Yeah I will admit there are have been some good tv series the past 2 years or so. I still wouldn't sub to cable or directtv to watch them though, I find the types of shows that appeal to me the most are usually always online for free or on netflix/hulu


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* WEEN show last Sat. OctopusDr 999 7 09/17/03 03:46 PM
by Middleman
* Pictures and commentary from the Utah Dead show 6/29/04!
( 1 2 all )
Phishgrrl 2,438 20 07/01/04 09:41 PM
by Hooty
* Radio show about Tim Leary Edame 1,520 3 07/01/03 05:47 AM
by Learyfan
* registration cancellation question_for_joo 716 3 07/14/04 11:41 AM
by Adom
* The most amazing thing happened to me yesterday!!!!!!! Glacius 1,126 8 03/05/03 05:14 PM
by Glacius
* amazing grateful dead quotes-please post some here!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
flanders53 60,521 81 06/04/24 06:13 AM
by Consigliere
* Booking shows
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 2,740 28 10/04/03 03:59 PM
by Shroomism
* top grateful dead studio albums? KingOftheThing 1,512 17 08/03/04 10:11 PM
by chinadoll

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,860 topic views. 6 members, 8 guests and 124 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.