Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
seeing doug stanhope live next month . * 1
    #21749674 -

so stoked, he's one of the best in the game imo, along side of bill burr,louis ck etc.

he's kind of underground though, nobody in my circle  of friends had heard of him.

he's the king of dark,cynical and abrasive comedy.

:loldongs:




any fans on here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Vsnares.Zappa]
    #21749679 -

fucking love that man, unfortunately I'm in the same boat, no one I chill with really heard of him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #21749701 -

Where u seeing him. He's my favorite comic. I've only seen him twice. Once in chicago and once in Dekalb(Northern Illinois University) Wheeeeeere?


--------------------
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out"               
                -Bill Hicks-

__

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Astral Pain]
    #21749715 -

I recognize his name, wasn't he on the man show way back? Like after the adam corolla version?

Maybe I'll have to check out his standup, never have.


Speaking of Louis CK, just watched his latest standup special last night actually, was hilarious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: drr] * 1
    #21749730 -

A comedian's comedian. The more walk outs the better the show. The Unbookables


--------------------
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out"               
                -Bill Hicks-

__

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Astral Pain]
    #21749731 -

Astral Pain said:
Where u seeing him. He's my favorite comic. I've only seen him twice. Once in chicago and once in Dekalb(Northern Illinois University) Wheeeeeere?




you seen him twice ! what was your impression of those gigs?I'll be seeing him in montreal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Astral Pain]
    #21749740 -

Astral Pain said:
A comedian's comedian. The more walk outs the better the show. The Unbookables



I don't exactly follow...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Vsnares.Zappa]
    #21749774 -

Vsnares.Zappa said:
Astral Pain said:
Where u seeing him. He's my favorite comic. I've only seen him twice. Once in chicago and once in Dekalb(Northern Illinois University) Wheeeeeere?




you seen him twice ! what was your impression of those gigs?I'll be seeing him in montreal



I like him so much because that's exactly how I think. It's like a carbon copy of what's been in my head all my life. His shows are on topic and will offend so many people who don't know his act. It's just so damn beautiful. And you're seeing him with Burr abd CK. You fucking asshole. You have no idea. You better record the show and fucking post it.


--------------------
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out"               
                -Bill Hicks-

__

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Astral Pain]
    #21749793 -

no,no,no,  burr and ck are not there hahaha, I was just saying they were (sort of) in the same league.


that would be EPIC has fuck haha. what's cool is that, it's his first gig of his entire north american tour, so he will not be already bored of his actual material.

I just hope it will be brand new material.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Vsnares.Zappa] * 1
    #21749804 -

We catch him every time he's in town.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Vsnares.Zappa] * 1
    #21749814 -

Must be a trip being Doug Stanhope


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Astral Pain]
    #21749816 -

Unless you follow him around like the dead, it's gonna be new shit. It's always up to date shit. The kind of comedian who does standup to keep his sanity. Where else are you gonna vent that shit other than a stage? He'd be locked up of dead.


--------------------
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out"               
                -Bill Hicks-

__

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: RobZombie68]
    #21749829 -

RobZombie68 said:
We catch him every time he's in town.





Where u at besides palookaville?


--------------------
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out"               
                -Bill Hicks-

__

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Astral Pain]
    #21749851 -

My favorite comic as well.

He also did DMT with Joe Ragan, they did it a few times together when they were on The Man Show.

Edited by Badmotorfingers (06/01/15 07:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Badmotorfingers]
    #21749872 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Vsnares.Zappa]
    #21749988 -

Big fan! You're lucky to be seeing him live


--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Astral Pain]
    #21749997 -

Also, I've heard he does have fans that somehow follow him from show to show.

Hes the king of comedy right now and the majority of the US has no clue he exists.


--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: ModestMouse] * 1
    #21750007 -

ModestMouse said:
Big fan! You're lucky to be seeing him alive



Fixed


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: zZZz]
    #21750207 -

u lucky muthafucka. he lives in arizona which is a state right next to me, but i dont think i care enough to take a greyhound to see him


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: seeing doug stanhope live next month . [Re: Badmotorfingers]
    #21750403 -

Badmotorfingers said:
My favorite comic as well.

He also did DMT with Joe Ragan, they did it a few times together when they were on The Man Show.



I know I've heard them both tell the DMT story separately and there are vids of them both, but all I could find was Doug's version. Joe has so many videos out there on DMT it was impossible to find the right one. Doug is by far the better story teller.



Not sure if anyone has heard about Doug's mom's suicide party, but he talked about it on the O&A show a few years back. He danced around it for legal reasons and with the intent of not making it into a bit, but it's impossible when your a comedian and you naturally joke to take the edge off. I really don't find it disturbing considering the circumstances and making the best of the situation.



  His podcasts are fucking hilarious being that it's generally a bunch of comedians hanging out at his house telling road stories. 

http://stanhope.libsyn.com/

You can even leave a message on their burner phone line with a story, and if you sound like you can hold your own they might call you back during a show. 502-366-1078
 
If you want to send them shit they will definitely bring it up during the show if it's worth mentioning. People send them free shit just for a plug that they'll just end up ripping on.
Bingo Bingaman
212 van Dyke St.
Bisbee, AZ 85603

She's a headcase but cool as shit.



He's touring Canada and the UK until October with no other dates available.  :mad2:


--------------------
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out"               
                -Bill Hicks-

__

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Doug Stanhope on LSD
( 1 2 3 all )
PsilocybinMike 9,971 50 07/10/08 07:02 AM
by KevMet
* Doug Stanhope AlCapwn 888 5 05/25/08 10:50 AM
by PsilocybinMike
* Favorite Standup
( 1 2 all )
pottypatty 1,916 21 03/14/07 11:01 PM
by idiotek
* haha joe rogan and doug stanhople on dmt
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 10,155 50 01/19/05 08:33 PM
by KingOftheThing
* Advice From Doug Stanhope Colbadol 464 0 02/24/08 02:53 PM
by Colbadol
* Doug Stanhope on the Alex Jones Show
( 1 2 all )
muddy 4,646 34 04/24/10 09:51 AM
by Devlish2
* Doug Stanhope and his drunken logic. ThirtyCigarettes 417 2 06/12/10 01:42 AM
by FractalDust
* i think im gonna do standup
( 1 2 all )
Atheist 2,634 33 04/06/09 12:09 PM
by King Koopa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,042 topic views. 4 members, 19 guests and 156 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.