Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Best Bassist? * 1
    #21626423 -

Of course, I would have to say Justin Chancellor from TOOL.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Unimatrix0198]
    #21626450 -

Cliff Burton
Victor Wooten
Dominic Lapointe
Steve Digiorgio
Geddy Lee
Steve Harris
John Myung

/end of thread


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Shroomism]
    #21626458 -

Jack Bruce

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Adolin]
    #21626459 -

Vic Wooten is amazing IMO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Adolin]
    #21626462 -

Yeah he can be in there too.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Unimatrix0198]
    #21626479 -

I want Pino Palladino as the bassist in my band.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #21626499 -

Shroomism said:
Steve Harris

/end of thread




--------------------
"Freedom Isn't Free" is only half correct. True freedom doesn't exist in the society we exist in. What the saying really means is "The Illusion of Freedom Isn't Free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: TopPmz]
    #21626555 -

Tony Levin





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: TopPmz]
    #21626556 -

I don't know enough to comment on anyone in particular but this bass solo at 2:10 is cool. 




--------------------


つ ◕_◕ ༽つ N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Atreyu]
    #21626560 -

Victor Wooten
Flea
Matt Freeman


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Atreyu] * 2
    #21626563 -

Stanley Clark or Jaco Pastorious


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #21626573 -

Brian Jones said:
Stanley Clark or Jaco Pastorious



Now these are people I can get behind.



Flea?  What are you fucking kidding me?  Get the fuck outta here with that twit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: zappaisgod] * 2
    #21626579 -

Jaco pastorious. 

People who say flea... :lolsy:


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #21626582 -

I like Duff personally..
Rex Brown

as far as technicality and flavor les claypool definatly stands out.

Noel Redding did a good job considering what he was up against.

Ray Manzarek stands out even though he didn't play guitar.  Doing two things at once and all.

There's a ton I can't think of right now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: TopPmz]
    #21626589 -

Tetsuo Sakurai is my first nominee:

Here is some evidence to support his candidacy for best bassist

Acoustic Bass n Guitar


Drum n Bass solo

:jamming:

:mindblown:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: All We Perceive]
    #21626590 -

Best technically or best at creating hooks and making popular songs?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: stratocast]
    #21626608 -

Here are two more nominees:



I don't know either of their names but I will find the bass solos and put the times up if 12 minutes of jazz is too much for ya :lol:

Bass dual starts around 2:10


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Edited by musiclover420 (05/02/15 04:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: Shroomism]
    #21626622 -

Shroomism said:
Steve Digiorgio



Nice :headbanger:




But no Les Claypool?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: 4runner]
    #21626759 -

Les is the best hands down. He plays all kinds of bass.


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Bassist? [Re: fee]
    #21626813 -

Jaco. Nuff said.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* WHy is the bassist always on the left?
( 1 2 all )
SneezingPenis 3,071 26 09/16/07 07:26 AM
by Syle
* Are bassists people that didn't want to put the effort to learn guitar?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Patlal 4,761 99 06/19/14 06:49 PM
by Peace of Mind 1
* Chick Bassists
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 3,992 38 03/30/06 09:29 PM
by aNeway2sayHooray
* Grateful Dead bassist has cancer (sorry Dead fans) Psilocybeingzz 1,744 19 11/02/06 10:56 PM
by notapillow
* Pigeon poops in Kings of Leons bassists mouth and they had to cut the concert shart
( 1 2 all )
LobsterSauceDiscord 2,696 22 07/25/10 06:25 PM
by Phychotron
* Slipknot's bassist got stabbed in the head by his brother... Patlal 629 10 03/11/15 04:58 PM
by trampis
* Oteil Burbridge's (Dead & Comp's bassist) “ultimate musical strain.” musiclover420 333 8 07/05/16 07:44 PM
by musiclover420
* Stanley Clarke-Jazz Bassist-tonight-San Diego-what to do... ToTheSummit 849 7 01/26/08 11:00 PM
by DonkeyShell

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,526 topic views. 4 members, 21 guests and 159 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.