Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunearth
Stranger
flashbacks after smoking
    #4476873 - 07/31/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i hear people saying after they trip on acid and they smoke weed,it sometimes brings a flashback.i mean like the day after a trip and on.if weed can do that how long will you trip for,and how long will it take to being able to smoke and not having a flashback.sorry if this came up before,i searched and couldnt find anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: flashbacks after smoking [Re: unearth]
    #4477074 - 07/31/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not sure about acid, but if it's anything like the flashback you get on shrooms (well me at least), it won't be nearly as intense, or last nearly as long. And I got the shroom flashback about 3-4 weeks after I shroomed. Sorry I don't know about LSD flashbacks, but it might give you an idea.

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: flashbacks after smoking [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4477227 - 07/31/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Just to clarify, a flashback from an LSD experience is not a full blown trip. You do not have another trip from smoking pot. You may experience similar feelings for a moment or you may even get strange visuals for just a second, but you do not trip again. It's more like a small reminder of your trip. BTW pot can actually give you visuals even if you've never taken LSD or mushrooms. Marijuana is a psychedelic drug, so don't underestimate its power.

Hope this helps,
DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4477248 - 07/31/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hell, last night I had a hella trip, and driving home today with a beer, it felt like I was tripping, but it was just a mind trip

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: flashbacks after smoking [Re: rod]
    #4482779 - 08/01/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

do your pupils dilate during a flashback?

Offlineharpd
Passing By

#4486776 - 08/02/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

no definitely not.

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

InvisibleInnominate
Male

#4486787 - 08/02/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tyrone_C said:
I'm not sure about acid, but if it's anything like the flashback you get on shrooms (well me at least), it won't be nearly as intense, or last nearly as long. And I got the shroom flashback about 3-4 weeks after I shroomed. Sorry I don't know about LSD flashbacks, but it might give you an idea.

You got a flashback from a shroom trip? Strange...

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: flashbacks after smoking [Re: Innominate]
    #4486831 - 08/02/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ive had flashbacks while smoking real good herb before... can freak you out a little but its nothing serious. nothing to 'worry' about.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4486876 - 08/02/05 08:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you indulge in psychedelics, and then smoke a mild psychedelic - herb - there's a possibility of tuning back into the trip for a second or two. As said above, its like a quick feeling or reminder.

You're not gonna be sitting in class one day and have everyone turn into Mario or some shit.

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4489468 - 08/03/05 11:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Smoking weed 2 weeks after an intesne shroom trip, everything came back to me. If you're worried, don't smoke much for a while or wait for a few months. When I finally got over the 2 months of crazies I got from that trip, I was able to enjoy good ol' pot again. This trip, mind you, was only my second, and I ended up in birth-death loop that I thought would never end. Pretty much anything would "send me for a loop" during those two months.

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

Re: flashbacks after smoking [Re: nycomyco]
    #4489885 - 08/03/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Here is my theory on flashbacks induced by mj.

Basically what s2dope said; if you alter your consciousness by tripping, then altering your consciousness by smoking might bring back some of the tripping state, especially if it is soon after the trip when the experience is still freshly imprinted on the mind.

If you smoke weed during your trip you are much more likely to get a flashback from smoking. IMO, this is a conditioning type thing. Smoking weed while tripping leads to your brain associating smoking weed with tripping, hence the flashback. This is also why I think flashbacks happen in general. Anything you do while tripping(looking at something, saying somethign, thinking a certain thought, walking a certain way) your brain will mildly associate with that mind state. If you do this thing again exactly the way it happened while you are sober, it is possible to get back to that mind state. The closer to the actual [look thought feeling w/e] you actually get, the more likely a flashback is.

--------------------
Nothing's more magical than a mushroom. =)
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
--:~~~-.oOo o`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

#4491706 - 08/03/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Innominate said:

Apparently, check out my thread... Report

OfflineJabbawaya

#4492257 - 08/03/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think we are definitely "flashback" correctly, here. If you're smoking soon after tripping, you're simply causing yourself to enter another altered state and are simply noticing the lingering effects of the last drug with greater mental acuity. It's not a "flashback" per se, after tripping. If it happens days later, then perhaps. Flashbacks are more commonly symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. The term should be used correctly.

--------------------

OfflineChRoNiCk420
untitled

Re: flashbacks after smoking [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4493762 - 08/04/05 02:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I mean, it's basically impossible to define flashback "correctly". There is no set definition of the term, and there are many dissenting opinions, even some who argue that flashbacks don't exist.

The reason flashbacks are commonly associated with PTSD is such(imo, at least): people who get post traumatic stress disorder have had an overly intense and/or profound experience. An experience like this is more heavily imprinted in the brain than a normal experience, hence the liklihood of returning to that same mind space at some point in time.

Psychedelic experiences are also more intense and profound than your average everyday experience. The more intense your trip(s) is(are) or the more frequently you trip, the more "used" to this state of mind your brain will become, and the more likely it is to return to this mind state.

A common explanation for psychedelic flashbacks is Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder(HPPD). This definition mostly works, except for at least one point: the symptoms must be unwanted and unpleasant for your condition to be categorized as HPPD(thats why its a disorder). It is very likely that someone who trips alot will experience some kind of flashback, and if it is an psychedelically experienced, non control freak type person, the chances are they will enjoy these experiences. I know I do. Free tripping, pretty much.

Thats all

EDIT: heres an mj induced flashback I had last december

--------------------
Nothing's more magical than a mushroom. =)
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
--:~~~-.oOo o`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

Edited by ChRoNiCk420 (08/04/05 02:36 AM)

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
Re: flashbacks after smoking [Re: ChRoNiCk420]
    #4494637 - 08/04/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Good explanation Chronick,
I agree that re-experiencing or remembering comes from association. I also think that marijuana, while it may inhibit working-memory, may help some other memories to resurface. It may even provide the mental dynamic which would allow conenctions to be made- choatic elements of a trip to be remembered and understood better.
Smoking too soon after a bad trip may reinforce the fear you experienced during the trip, and when all these memories pile up, you may convince yourseld into another kind of bad trip.
But it may also be useful to return to this place after a bad trip because it forces you to be able to deal with it (the fear or whatever else it was). this may help you to avoid bad trips in the future. It's all about control- which can be very difficlut or very easy to attain.

OfflineDizzy-d-raps
Stranger

#21384807 - 03/09/15 10:21 PM (9 years, 21 days ago)

mine do, i have had very intense flashbacks and even new visuals from smoking weed alone and i haven't tripped in months.

OfflineDizzy-d-raps
Stranger

#21384822 - 03/09/15 10:26 PM (9 years, 21 days ago)

Ok so i have been smoking weed for a long time and just got normal weed high but about 3 months ago i took a tab of 25i that i got from my friend had a pretty normal trip with normal visuals until i went upstairs and into my bathroom. while I was in my bathroom my trip started heading south, I was looking around when it looked like a dark green ooze type liquid started seeping out of the walls and floor then my bathroom proceeded to turn into like a candle wax type substance and melt away right in front of me, then as i flushed the toilet it seemed i could feel the bathroom melting. I got very scared and turned to run out and I had the sense of watching myself leaving the bathroom like i was someone else i could see myself and i started to melt with my bathroom and ran out (feeling like i got out just in time before i too melted) once i got out i went back to my room with my friend one who was also tripping and one who wasn't i had very intense visuals after that and they turned into mutated versions of themselves. I told them what was going on and they tried to calm me down but the visuals would not go away then everything to the right of me started to melt as well I couldn't catch my breath and was shaking pretty bad, eventually it went away and i felt normal again. however lately when i have smoked weed i would get mild acid visuals, nothing like the melting just tracers and stuff like that. But two days ago i was smoking normally like any other day and had 2 shots of Hennessy i was at my cousins house where i had never tripped or anything and was feeling great until i went into his bathroom, where I once again had the visuals of the bathroom and myself melting and felt like i got out just in time, I went to the living room and told my cousin and my friend i was feeling weird so we sat down to watch tv and i started shaking really bad, like my entire body and i couldn't stop and i was having trouble catching my breath all while still getting mild visuals, when it eventually went away i fell asleep and felt kind of out of it for the following day, which i did not smoke on. today I feel normal and i haven't smoked all day

OfflineTrypto-Fan
Warrior
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: flashbacks after smoking [Re: Dizzy-d-raps]
    #21385578 - 03/10/15 03:23 AM (9 years, 21 days ago)

You're talking to ghosts

InvisibleBoomer The Great
Male

#21386288 - 03/10/15 09:46 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Innominate said:
Quote:

Tyrone_C said:

When it comes to shrooms I like to consider it an After Glow rather than a "flashback".

OfflineP.Zappatecorum
Lophophilus
Male

Loc: Cactaceae
Re: flashbacks after smoking [Re: Boomer The Great]
    #21386348 - 03/10/15 10:09 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

Every time you trip, you're training your mind to trip.  The more you trip, the more easily you can psych yourself out into getting visuals etc.  If I stare at something with the right lighting and right amount of contrast, I can get the walls to breathe, pictures to swirl or little glimmers of light to emerge from the ceiling while sober. 

Part of it is just that your mind has been reprogrammed into trippy mode.  Now, THC is a mild psychedelic, and getting super stoned can make a non-tripper have a full blown trip as far as mind-fuck-tunnel vision and paranoia goes, throw in your over-heightened sense of visual disturbance and ability to put your mind in that trippy head-space in the mix from using psychedelics and of course you can have "flashbacks."  It's your mind remembering the tripping state and recreating it as you've been training it to do. 

I get faint but noticeable rainbow fractal noise patterns in my field of vision every night when I turn out the lights for bed for about 1-3 weeks after taking a good dose of LSD.  I like that and miss it when it's gone.  Cid is some strong shit and the effects on your mind don't return you fully to baseline for a good month.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract