Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: shLong]
    #21064890 -

shLong said:
Euphie said:
shLong said:
I've read just about every Stephen King book and as a child, every Goosebumps book.
All told, I've read a low estimate of probably 450 full books/novels.



Oh man yeah Stephen King and Dean Koontz :heartpump:



I've actually never finished a Koontz book, but what are some of your favorite King novels?

My all time fave is The Stand, but the Dark Tower series got me back in to reading as an adult (actually learned about em from here)... Also, Different Seasons and The Green Mile



I just recently learned of the wonders of Stephen King. So far my favorite is The Shining, but I also like Cujo. I'm currently reading The Stand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Amphibolos]
    #21066160 -

Amphibolos said:
I guess you read the books of Kafka translated in English, it might have had an impact on my appreciation of the book. I find that the translations play an impact in my appreciation of the books that i read. I read it in french so that might explain my feeling of "mental masturbation" when reading it, english might be more concise.

I'll give him a chance and read metamorphosis once i finish the books that i am reading atm.


I don't read as much as some people here it seem, but i tend to average at least a book every week or every other week.

In my opinion, books are an interesting subject of conversation that gets thrown to trash these days, i find it harder and harder to meet someone that is an avid reader, and thats a shame.

Its funny because like Bunny posted, reading is sexy :smile:



i completely agree.
PLUS yes, the right translation is important. check out this copy here of a NEW translation of Kafka's The Castle - by translator Mark Harmon.

and if you wanna check out The Trial, there is a new translation (from the restored text, as The Castle translation noted above) from translator Breon Mitchell here

and for his short stories, i'd recommend Schocken Library's edition of his Complete Short stories, or just get either or of their selections in that regard. here is a link.

Amphibolos said:
Read a book by Thomas Kuhn, and be amazed by how many things that dude knew :smile:



sounds interesting. bookmarked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: underfliptown] * 1
    #21066184 -

underfliptown said:
Bill_Oreilly said:
surprisingly, one of my favorite books I have read was "And the truth shall set you free" by David Icke. I never thought I could possibly like an Icke book as much as I liked that 1



David Icke is God. I love him.



:huxleyfacepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: morrowasted]
    #21066247 -

PS: all you French speaking, and Spanish speaking people, fuck you and your... and your... brains!1

i'm French and i can't even speak it! *drowns self in wine and stinks up the tub*

Le FUCK!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What books are on YOUR bookshelf?..............
( 1 2 all )
Bullfrog1 3,451 21 04/10/03 09:04 AM
by Squid
* Kick Ass.....new books Snaggletooth 623 7 03/28/06 03:34 PM
by Snaggletooth
* The 100 Most Frequently Challenged Books
( 1 2 all )
Stonerguy 3,069 21 06/06/06 01:05 AM
by PinballWizard
* What's up with all of this 93 93/93 bullshit?
( 1 2 all )
WakeboardrB 1,386 20 08/24/07 03:32 PM
by Hrethic
* 1. Grab the nearest book! ......
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Adamist 6,276 86 05/06/05 08:55 AM
by Lazerouth
* Recommend some books
( 1 2 all )
jcdangerously 1,968 30 05/16/06 11:58 AM
by Shattered
* Terrence McKenna book: Food Of The Gods
( 1 2 all )
Rahie 1,469 20 01/01/07 06:46 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* chapple hill 92 or 93? peleg 585 4 05/14/04 02:27 PM
by peleg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,361 topic views. 6 members, 15 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.