Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21060459 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
I really wish I had the motivation/patience to read hundreds of books.

and its unfortunate I don't because I am a VERY good reader. I was always the best reader in grade school, but was terrible in virtually every other subject. Reading, is really the only thing I am good at,



You just have to start. Once you get interested, and start reading good books, it's harder to stop than to start. Getting guidance from an institution like a university in the beginning can be helpful, to help you sort through the ideas in more difficult books. I would not have understood very much of Nietzsche, Kant, or Hegel without the help of Dr. Phillips and Dr. Morrisson. I owe them a lot and still go sit in on Morrisson's classes occasionally when I have spare time. Learning is really exhilarating.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: morrowasted]
    #21060466 -

Quote:
morrowasted said:Right now I am reading:





My brother has that book by Solomon and many others...Also a bunch of his lectures...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: morrowasted]
    #21060475 -

I have a friend who has the inclination to be an intellectual but can't seem to muster up the attention span to move past watching youtube videos to reading books. Well-argued ideas are very difficult to compact into a youtube video.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: morrowasted]
    #21060507 -

Quote:
My brother has that book by Solomon and many others...Also a bunch of his lectures...


He was my favorite professor, Dr. Iain Morrison's, advisor in grad school. It's the first of his that I've read and I'm really enjoying it so far, it's really practical but well-researched stuff. For christmas I got four of his books, that one and these three:







Can't wait to read them all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Beanhead] * 1
    #21060536 -

Beanhead said:
Patlal said:
So I counted the amount of books that I own. I have 73. Since I usually alway buy what I read and rarely burrow or rent or whatever, I added an extra 20 because I can think of a few I remember reading but not owning. Unfortunately, most of them are fiction to my great surprise...

I thought I had read a lot of books. But when you look at 73 books in a bookcase, you quickly realize that it isn't much at all... I should have read at least 300 books by now... 20 per year for the last 15 years... Right now I am averaging 6 books per years for the last 15 years... Its a miserable number. How can I claim to be somewhat smart with so little books read?

How many book have you read?



I quit reading when I was 14 because I read all the books in my local library.

THUGLIFE




sayong "thug life" isn't funny. Its an acronym for:

The
Hate
U
Give

Little
Infants
Fucks
Everyone



the more you know!


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21060554 -

I have so much hate in me that i'll never make on of those shitty infants.
:snub:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: morrowasted]
    #21060567 -

Who counts and compares how many books they have read? I haven't read many, but 93 ain't nothing. My mom has read atleast over 2000 books. Including the bible a couple times, and she isn't even religious.  You ain't got nothing on book worms.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #21060588 -

I read more books than op monthly and I'm hardly even an intellectual.


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #21060594 -

Distorted Vision said:
My mom has read atleast over 2000 books. Including the bible a couple times, and she isn't even religious.  You ain't got nothing on book worms.



:reads bible two times and doesn't define themselves as religious: :bucktoothfattygangsta:


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #21060597 -

I would say at least 1000, probably more, no way I could possibly think back to grade school and figure up all the books I have read. Some may have been rereading but oh well. And the books I read in grade school were well above the normal level. My teachers were surprised I was reading books they didn't until high school/college. I own well over a thousand and haven't read all of them yet, currently split between my house and my parents house.

morrow - the wheel of time series is great, I have gone through it several times as the last few books were released and enjoyed it every time, though it takes a while to get through the whole series again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Beanhead]
    #21060598 -

Beanhead said:
I have so much hate in me that i'll never make on of those shitty infants.
:snub:




so now we know beanhead=basshead


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21060604 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
Beanhead said:
I have so much hate in me that i'll never make on of those shitty infants.
:snub:




so now we know beanhead=basshead



What an insult.

Is my grammar that bad?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Beanhead]
    #21060610 -

Beanhead said:
Bill_Oreilly said:
Beanhead said:
I have so much hate in me that i'll never make on of those shitty infants.
:snub:




so now we know beanhead=basshead



What an insult.

Is my grammar that bad?




sorta kinda


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21060871 -

I have read the only book worth reading. The bible, a nonfiction masterpiece written by God himself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Ayahuascasoul]
    #21060898 -

I've read just about every Stephen King book and as a child, every Goosebumps book.
All told, I've read a low estimate of probably 450 full books/novels.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: shLong]
    #21060906 -

Goosebumps.

Oh yea. Those books rocked.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Patlal]
    #21060908 -

Somewhere between 30 and 50.
I don't read as much as I'd like to, mostly because my friends dont - which leads to a limited knowledge of what books are actually worth reading.

I got burned with my last book I read "on a hunch". It was a Dan Brown novel. Hes a pretty bad author, now I know.


--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: shLong]
    #21060913 -

shLong said:
I've read just about every Stephen King book and as a child, every Goosebumps book.
All told, I've read a low estimate of probably 450 full books/novels.



Oh man yeah Stephen King and Dean Koontz :heartpump:


--------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: XUL]
    #21060917 -

XUL said:
Goosebumps.

Oh yea. Those books rocked.



They did... I've reread a couple as an adult, and they were meh, but they did what they were supposed to do and got me in to reading as a child... I took nearly a decade off from reading, but when I got a job I could read at, the books started really getting rocked thru

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Euphie]
    #21060922 -

Euphie said:
shLong said:
I've read just about every Stephen King book and as a child, every Goosebumps book.
All told, I've read a low estimate of probably 450 full books/novels.



Oh man yeah Stephen King and Dean Koontz :heartpump:



I've actually never finished a Koontz book, but what are some of your favorite King novels?

My all time fave is The Stand, but the Dark Tower series got me back in to reading as an adult (actually learned about em from here)... Also, Different Seasons and The Green Mile

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What books are on YOUR bookshelf?..............
( 1 2 all )
Bullfrog1 3,452 21 04/10/03 09:04 AM
by Squid
* Kick Ass.....new books Snaggletooth 623 7 03/28/06 03:34 PM
by Snaggletooth
* The 100 Most Frequently Challenged Books
( 1 2 all )
Stonerguy 3,069 21 06/06/06 01:05 AM
by PinballWizard
* What's up with all of this 93 93/93 bullshit?
( 1 2 all )
WakeboardrB 1,386 20 08/24/07 03:32 PM
by Hrethic
* 1. Grab the nearest book! ......
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Adamist 6,276 86 05/06/05 08:55 AM
by Lazerouth
* Recommend some books
( 1 2 all )
jcdangerously 1,968 30 05/16/06 11:58 AM
by Shattered
* Terrence McKenna book: Food Of The Gods
( 1 2 all )
Rahie 1,469 20 01/01/07 06:46 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* chapple hill 92 or 93? peleg 585 4 05/14/04 02:27 PM
by peleg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,361 topic views. 8 members, 84 guests and 231 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 18 queries.