Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]
I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read?
    #21060279 -

So I counted the amount of books that I own. I have 73. Since I usually alway buy what I read and rarely burrow or rent or whatever, I added an extra 20 because I can think of a few I remember reading but not owning. Unfortunately, most of them are fiction to my great surprise...

I thought I had read a lot of books. But when you look at 73 books in a bookcase, you quickly realize that it isn't much at all... I should have read at least 300 books by now... 20 per year for the last 15 years... Right now I am averaging 6 books per years for the last 15 years... Its a miserable number. How can I claim to be somewhat smart with so little books read?

How many book have you read?


--------------------

Edited by Patlal (01/03/15 11:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Patlal]
    #21060307 -

Reading is a good habit to have.

93 is pretty good mate.

I don't know how many I have read, but I don't think the number is extremely high.

Although reading comes in other forms too. Articles and HTML.

Do you keep a bookshelf at your home?

I have a small one with all my favorite books. It's so fun to flip through the pages every once in a while. I even like to smell the books sometimes. They give off a pleasant and rustic kind of scent.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: XUL]
    #21060314 -

wow..93 is a lot compared to myself. I saw a video that showed McKenna library of books that he read and it was literally like 2 thousand.


I have ready about 15 books


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21060328 -

Id also say about 15 books:psychsplit:
I like my books...:tongue2:

Shorty:peace:


--------------------
Did I say it too loud? Big heart? Or a little misleading!:musicnote:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Shortknight]
    #21060332 -

surprisingly, one of my favorite books I have read was "And the truth shall set you free" by David Icke. I never thought I could possibly like an Icke book as much as I liked that 1


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21060341 -

Not many. I doubt it's more than 20 and 95% of those was in jail.

I do not read because I simply can't retain the knoweldge. For whatever reason, everything goes in one ear and out the other so to speak. To actually know I've read and remember it, I have to read a single page 5 or 6 times, otherwise I'll get through 10 or 20 pages and realize I have no idea what's going on or what I've already read.

So yeah, reading isn't a hobby of mine.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (01/03/15 11:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21060349 -

Somewhere in the few hundreds, there is no way I could actually count. I was a huuuge bookworm as a kid/teen. I still read occasionally but not as much.


--------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: XUL]
    #21060365 -

XUL said:
Do you keep a bookshelf at your home?




Yeah. I just consolidated all the books I had and pu them all on a new bookshelf I have, that's why I know exactly how much I have.

Also, I didn't count my school textbooks and university books. But to me they don't count. They were mandatory, not voluntary.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21060368 -

In one eye out the other! Duhhh haha:sunny:

Shorty:peace:


--------------------
Did I say it too loud? Big heart? Or a little misleading!:musicnote:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Patlal]
    #21060378 -

Patlal said:
How many book have you read?




THERE IS ONLY ONE BOOK YOU NEED TO BE READING BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY BOOK WORTH READING!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #21060390 -

You need to do more reading op.


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #21060399 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Patlal said:
How many book have you read?




THERE IS ONLY ONE BOOK YOU NEED TO BE READING BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY BOOK WORTH READING!!!



I have strayed from the path and corrupted my mind with science and truth. Sorry Father for I have sinned...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Patlal]
    #21060410 -

Patlal said:
XUL said:
Do you keep a bookshelf at your home?




Yeah. I just consolidated all the books I had and pu them all on a new bookshelf I have, that's why I know exactly how much I have.

Also, I didn't count my school textbooks and university books. But to me they don't count. They were mandatory, not voluntary.



I like when people have little libraries. It's fun to look through their books.

Have you ever seen the movie, The Ninth Gate? Everyone in that movie had some kind of kickass library.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Patlal]
    #21060413 -

Patlal said:
Prisoner#1 said:
Patlal said:
How many book have you read?




THERE IS ONLY ONE BOOK YOU NEED TO BE READING BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY BOOK WORTH READING!!!



I have strayed from the path and corrupted my mind with science and truth. Sorry Father for I have sinned...




I was talking about Dianetics, not the bible.

WTF is wrong with people























































HAIL XENU!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21060414 -

Shroomslip said:
For whatever reason, everything goes in one ear and out the other




marijuana smoker I assume?


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #21060420 -

You set that up hardcore.

:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Shortknight]
    #21060433 -

Shit, I don't know. Hundreds. As I've gotten older the books have gotten longer and denser. These days I am reading at least one fiction book and one non fiction book at any given time. I finish at least one each month; I read at least thirty or forty pages per day. Right now I am reading:





I'll have this one finished within two weeks.



And this one sometime next week.

Next up:



Quote:
Incomplete Nature: How Mind Emerged from Matter is a is a 2011 book by biological anthropologist Terrence Deacon. The book covers topics in biosemiotics, philosophy of mind, and the origins of life. Broadly, the book seeks to naturalistically explain "aboutness", that is, concepts like intentionality, meaning, normativity, purpose, and function; which Deacon groups together and labels as ententional phenomena.







The Wheel of Time series is fantastic

Quote:
The series draws on numerous elements of both European and Asian mythology, most notably the cyclical nature of time found in Buddhism and Hinduism, the metaphysical concepts of balance and duality, and a respect for nature found in Daoism. Additionally, its creation story has similarities to Christianity's "Creator" (Light) and Shai'tan, "The Dark One" (Shaytan is an Arabic word which in religious contexts is used as a name for the Devil). It was also partly inspired by Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace (1869).[3]
The Wheel of Time is notable for its length, its detailed imaginary world, its well-developed magic system, and its large cast of characters. The eighth through fourteenth books each reached number one on the New York Times Best Seller list. As of August 14, 2008 the series sold over 44 million copies worldwide[4] and spawned an eponymous video game, roleplaying game, and soundtrack album. The television and film rights to the series have been optioned several times, most recently by Universal Studios.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21060435 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
Shroomslip said:
For whatever reason, everything goes in one ear and out the other




marijuana smoker I assume?



Was, but no, that's not why. Been that way my whole life, well before I ever did drugs. The only way for me to really retain konwledge is to write it down. So when there's a test/reading to do, I have to write it all out. For whatever reason, writing it out makes it stick. Maybe because I have to pay more attention and analyze every word, that's my best guess.

I could read through a novel just once and retain all the konwledge/memory from it, but it would mean sitting there hand copying every page , it's actually quicker to just read it a half dozen times.

But even then, it won't all stick.. I'll just have a vague idea of what's going on with some details here and there.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: morrowasted]
    #21060444 -

I really wish I had the motivation/patience to read hundreds of books.

and its unfortunate I don't because I am a VERY good reader. I was always the best reader in grade school, but was terrible in virtually every other subject. Reading, is really the only thing I am good at,


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I have read 93 books that I can think of. How many have you read? [Re: Patlal]
    #21060451 -

Patlal said:
So I counted the amount of books that I own. I have 73. Since I usually alway buy what I read and rarely burrow or rent or whatever, I added an extra 20 because I can think of a few I remember reading but not owning. Unfortunately, most of them are fiction to my great surprise...

I thought I had read a lot of books. But when you look at 73 books in a bookcase, you quickly realize that it isn't much at all... I should have read at least 300 books by now... 20 per year for the last 15 years... Right now I am averaging 6 books per years for the last 15 years... Its a miserable number. How can I claim to be somewhat smart with so little books read?

How many book have you read?



I quit reading when I was 14 because I read all the books in my local library.

THUGLIFE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What books are on YOUR bookshelf?..............
( 1 2 all )
Bullfrog1 3,451 21 04/10/03 09:04 AM
by Squid
* Kick Ass.....new books Snaggletooth 623 7 03/28/06 03:34 PM
by Snaggletooth
* The 100 Most Frequently Challenged Books
( 1 2 all )
Stonerguy 3,069 21 06/06/06 01:05 AM
by PinballWizard
* What's up with all of this 93 93/93 bullshit?
( 1 2 all )
WakeboardrB 1,386 20 08/24/07 03:32 PM
by Hrethic
* 1. Grab the nearest book! ......
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Adamist 6,276 86 05/06/05 08:55 AM
by Lazerouth
* Recommend some books
( 1 2 all )
jcdangerously 1,968 30 05/16/06 11:58 AM
by Shattered
* Terrence McKenna book: Food Of The Gods
( 1 2 all )
Rahie 1,469 20 01/01/07 06:46 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* chapple hill 92 or 93? peleg 585 4 05/14/04 02:27 PM
by peleg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,361 topic views. 4 members, 12 guests and 97 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.