Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Shroomers who don't think...
    #2087643 - 11/09/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I know a few shroomers who do shrooms recreationally, for the only purpose of seeing cool visuals.

Are they simply covering up what is really happening inside their heads or are there people here that can do a significant amount of shrooms (eighth or whatever) and not have a lot of intense shit happen inside your head, in addition to the visuals?

I just can't understand the "shrooms are cool, dude!" attitude.

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCheebatoke
Toker
Loc: Southern TX
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: jong21]
    #2087657 - 11/09/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've always wondered the same.. some people just use things the wrong way I guess, or maybe there just incapable of using it to its full potential.

--------------------
The only thing permanent is change.

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: Cheebatoke]
    #2087853 - 11/09/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

A friend of mine has tripped about 10 times, and he says he's never had a "mind trip", says everything feels, wierd, good, visuals, whatever, but that's it. 10 times...I guess the only explanation I could offer is that not everyone's brain is that same, and some drugs affect people in different ways. Hard to imagine though.

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2087892 - 11/09/03 10:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

there was a thread on here a little while ago about a guy who's friend said that anyone who said they were doing drugs for any other reason than just to 'get fucked up', was lying. i think its just a different sort of person. personally i think it has to do with maturity (not physical maturity), but maybe thats just arrogant? i dunno.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: Cheebatoke]
    #2088039 - 11/09/03 11:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

IMO, there is no dead set wrong reason for doing mushrooms. Everyone's reasons are different, and if they do it for the visuals and nothing more, then more power to them.
After a while though, they might discover something more.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: Sheepish]
    #2088106 - 11/09/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

what about frequently doing drugs for the sole purpose of escaping reality/sobriety. i think thats pretty wrong personally cos itll lead to depression. though im sure i'll get some dissension on this just as you do whenever you say something negative about drugs on these pages.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: Tao]
    #2088461 - 11/10/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

wrong right, everytime I do a drug it's for something different. sometimes I do it just to do it, other times I'll do it to see where my head goes. sometimes it doesn't go anywhere at all. release that judgement and jsut go where the trip takes you is what I do.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineChocolateMush
Night Tripper
Loc: around the twin cities, m...
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2089076 - 11/10/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

let them do it for whatever they want. who really gives a flying fuck? well, you obviously.

--------------------
Um, what can I say besides... I love mushrooms?!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: ChocolateMush]
    #2089210 - 11/10/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Each person does his shrooms differently than others. basically it is set and setting which determine the course of the trip and the well being, both healthy and mental personality oif the person triping which creates his distinct reasons and his effects when on the shrooms. Most do not do shrooms the way the Indians who have been doing them for thousands of years do. You have to think that there must be a reason they take them the way they do.

And they do not take them to find god. Only the white man took them to find god.

The indians use them in Healing and cuyring ceremonies, most ritualistcally performed.

mj

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2089228 - 11/10/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> The indians use them in Healing and cuyring ceremonies, most ritualistcally performed.

Could this be considered as bringing out the "God" (not the word I would like to use, but I have nothing better) within... basically channeling the healing power of the creator/nature?

I only trip for self exploration, never for recreation. With mushrooms, I have never had egoloss, or felt closer to God, or any other such... However, with mushrooms I have become closer to nature... I have found myself listening to the trees talk, etc. Curious...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDiemos
Stranger
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: Seuss]
    #2089968 - 11/10/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

All of my friends take shrooms to get "fucked up". I however believe there is something more to be gained. If I even thought of presenting it to them in the fashion I believe they would discard the belief as rubish.

Offlinestudent
Stranger

Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: Diemos]
    #2090139 - 11/10/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Diemos -
It can't hurt to try. You may be able to help your friends see a different perspective. If you seriously think you are using them in a better way you should tell them. If they don't care to listen, at least you planted the seed. Someday they may come to the realization because of what you said. If my friends hadn't helped me to see, I would still be blind. I owe them everything; they helped to make me a better person. If you are a true friend, you should want to help them, even if they don't understand. You shouldn't have to keep knowledge to yourself for fear of rejection.

just my opinion,
student

OfflineDiemos
Stranger
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: student]
    #2090234 - 11/10/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Oh I have spoken to them about it. One of them feels the same way and the others think that I am reading too much into drugs and that not to take things so seriously.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: Diemos]
    #2092866 - 11/11/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think it shouldn't matter why a perosn uses them. I dont use them to 'get fucked up' but if I did so what? Its my choice, why shouldn't I have the right? Why should I get judged for it? Weither its the way a persons brain works or just what they feel like doing who cares?

Let people be, let them do their own thing. Thats what made shrooms illegal to begin with.

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #2093305 - 11/11/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i dont really get along with those people when im tripping...like last time i ate mushrooms. We were three people , shrooming, and having one of the most intelligent discussion ive ever had, philosophing. It was crazy our minds were like connected, we had a true deep understanding of what each was saying...when the others, were somewhere else in the house on shrooms but like just screaming and like throwing themselves everywhere. when some of em came talk to us, they would either like say ?what your not on shrooms?? cuz we were calm and talking. We felt like sages, we could see the inside of everybody, like if how they were was written on their face.

It was the most clear minded state ive never experienced. And i really felt the teachings from the mushrooms. I had a spiritual peak, strangely with almost no visuals, but i understood everything shrooms are about.

we didnt really understand why hte other people dont see the enlightening spiritual experience mushrooms give you. Are they not intelligent enough? or just not chosen by the mushrooms, to learn from them.

This trip is almost unexplainable...but i know it changed me. I feel like i matured, grew up alot in my head. I feel reborn since then, picking up stuff i left behind a long time ago...thanx to the mushrooms...i really feel now theres something surnatural with em, its not just a chemical reacting with your brain...

Edited by Grapefruity (11/11/03 04:19 PM)

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: DailyPot]
    #2093311 - 11/11/03 04:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Plus it's always amusing in a sick sort of way to watch someone- who doesn't respect the mushroom- deal with all of their inner turmoil during a trip.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: Cherk]
    #2093404 - 11/11/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I like to enjoy the mushrooms in a playfull manner at the beginning of the trip, but after the peak I like to sit in retrospect. I intensely feed off of the trip while at nightclubs or while hanging out with friends at bars. I dance alot and I also instigate conversation with others that usually would not occur.
Mushrooms for me, is not about either a spiritual journey or just getting high, it's a balanced combination of both. It could never be just getting high because the mushrooms will not let it for me. Also, it doesn't seem likely that it will ever just be a spiritual experience unless I try to make that the focus, and I don't like the idea of forcing the experience one way or the other. It has its own ebb and flow and I believe that's the way it should be.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2093565 - 11/11/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i think that many people who see others as taking mushrooms to "just get fucked up", are maybe confusing some of these peoples intentions. I too very much like the aspect of a spiritual/thinking trip, but I think that these people that aren't doing as such, aren't just getting fucked up. I think they are just excercising their natural tendancy to want to explore new things, and things unfamiliar to them.  If it appears to you that they are just getting fucked up, it might be the case that they are just exploring in a sense, and thats how they interpret the experience, and they like to experience those feelings in that way.  I think most people who take shrooms are really wishing to explore.  We want to explore things we've never experienced wether its visuals or feelings of understanding the universe. Of course there will always people who really do just want to get fucked up, and if thats there choice, good for them, hope it works out.

On a side note, this thursday I am planning on testing out 2-2.5 grams of aborts from my very first grow. They are Pink Buffalos, and the purpose of my test is to see exactly how potent they are, compared to my first and so far only trip to date (which was last spring break (quite a while ago)). If I am planning on being the only one to dose, but have a friend who will later be joining in a big camping trip (why i'm testing out now, so I know how much to give everyone) what kind of things should I do? basically he'll be there to just hang out, see how hard i'm tripping, drive me around or whatever. The only things i can think of, is to go to this real cool park area, with big stone cows, thats real beautiful, and to have him drive through an automatic car wash. for some reason i've always wanted to go through the car wash tripping  :tongue:

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Offlinegarbage

Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: shwowsh]
    #2094617 - 11/11/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shwowsh said:
We want to explore things we've never experienced wether its visuals or feelings of understanding the universe.

for some reason i've always wanted to go through the car wash tripping  :tongue: 

i couldnt agree more. 

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Shroomers who don't think... [Re: Grapefruity]
    #2095804 - 11/12/03 04:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Grapefruity said:

It was the most clear minded state ive never experienced. And i really felt the teachings from the mushrooms. I had a spiritual peak, strangely with almost no visuals, but i understood everything shrooms are about.

we didnt really understand why hte other people dont see the enlightening spiritual experience mushrooms give you. Are they not intelligent enough? or just not chosen by the mushrooms, to learn from them.

This trip is almost unexplainable...but i know it changed me. I feel like i matured, grew up alot in my head. I feel reborn since then, picking up stuff i left behind a long time ago...thanx to the mushrooms...i really feel now theres something surnatural with em, its not just a chemical reacting with your brain...

I know exactly what you're saying :smile: Although im having a rough time finding friends that i can have that "deep" experience with.. most of them just want to be "messed up and see stuff".  I usually end up tripping with the wrong people and it holds me back from getting all i want out of them.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag