Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety?
    #20764794 -

So I'm trying to design a psychological experiment to study religiosity and I thought of inducing emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, and/or death anxiety as the independent variable(s).

I'm curious if you guys have any ideas as to how you think I should go about doing this? I was thinking of having subjects watch video clips (or perhaps a commercial), reading a story or passage from a book, or viewing photos for the induction, but I'm unsure of the particulars at this point in my brainstorming.

Any ideas? Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!


--------------------
"a note for asses: what is very convincing, is not necessarily true - it is merely convincing"

primus------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------mama didn't raise no fool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: unsui888]
    #20764798 -

MK Ultra


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #20764807 -

nicechrisman said:
MK Ultra



Qft


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #20764808 -

Quote:
Premium Grilled Chicken Bacon Clubhouse Sandwich
Thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon, caramelized grilled onions, white cheddar*, crisp leaf lettuce and fresh tomato top our grilled chicken breast fillet. Served on our artisan roll with our Big Mac special sauce.


*pasteurized process






--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: unsui888]
    #20764813 -

Meditate upon the meaning and moment of death :buddha3:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: teamkiller]
    #20764820 -

Well I mean this is the shroomery.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #20764843 -

I had a feeling this would get me nowhere or nothing posting this in The Pub... :sploosh:


--------------------
"a note for asses: what is very convincing, is not necessarily true - it is merely convincing"

primus------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------mama didn't raise no fool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: SARAtonin] * 1
    #20764844 -

Living/moving about in a sketchy neighborhood did all the above to me on a chronic basis.


I think you should look deeper into primal, instinctual fears, things our species have evolved to fear(a dark unfamiliar environment, for instance) and try to find a way to simulate those experiences(without actually putting your subjects in danger). You can really only do so much to try and ignore that level of ingrained instinct.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: unsui888] * 1
    #20764849 -

Sometimes directors have ways of making actors cry for real to make their performances more realistic. Look up how they do it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #20764858 -

I went to an art highschool for theatre and we did a lot of "extreme method acting exercises".

One of those was spending 90 minutes a day for 6 weeks locked in a dark room simulating that we were kidnapped.
I shit you not lol. Highschool  was pretty fucked up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #20765142 -

pirate-blues said:
I went to an art highschool for theatre and we did a lot of "extreme method acting exercises".

One of those was spending 90 minutes a day for 6 weeks locked in a dark room simulating that we were kidnapped.
I shit you not lol. Highschool  was pretty fucked up.



pirate-blues said:
I went to an art highschool for theatre and we did a lot of "extreme method acting exercises".

One of those was spending 90 minutes a day for 6 weeks locked in a dark room simulating that we were kidnapped.
I shit you not lol. Highschool  was pretty fucked up.



Wtf


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #20765165 -

Dude........


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #20765395 -

pirate-blues said:
Living/moving about in a sketchy neighborhood did all the above to me on a chronic basis.


I think you should look deeper into primal, instinctual fears, things our species have evolved to fear(a dark unfamiliar environment, for instance) and try to find a way to simulate those experiences(without actually putting your subjects in danger). You can really only do so much to try and ignore that level of ingrained instinct.



That is true-

What was that one game show where participants had to perform certain tasks, like walking on a high beam in the dark, and then afterwards found out they weren't in danger? It came on scy-fy.


--------------------
full blown human

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: Penelope_Tree]
    #20765423 -



--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: Cj-B]
    #20765894 -

Yes, thank you! This is the type of stuff I'm looking for. But I need stuff that is much shorter in length as I imagine it some would take a while to read.


--------------------
"a note for asses: what is very convincing, is not necessarily true - it is merely convincing"

primus------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------mama didn't raise no fool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: unsui888]
    #20766055 -

It's 8 pages. I don't think you're gonna find much that will cause 'emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety' in under 5 minutes that isn't openly repulsive like watching ISIS propaganda videos where they show mass executions and fields of corpses or videos of animal abuse or something.


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: Cj-B] * 3
    #20766064 -

i didn't read the thread did you try mcdonalds premium chicken bacon clubhouse sandwhich?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: Cj-B]
    #20766166 -

As an induction technique for emotional vulnerability I was thinking about using those commercials that make you feel bad for abused dogs as a ploy to adopt...


--------------------
"a note for asses: what is very convincing, is not necessarily true - it is merely convincing"

primus------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------mama didn't raise no fool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: unsui888]
    #20766375 -

unsui888 said:
So I'm trying to design a psychological experiment to study religiosity and I thought of inducing emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, and/or death anxiety as the independent variable(s).

I'm curious if you guys have any ideas as to how you think I should go about doing this? I was thinking of having subjects watch video clips (or perhaps a commercial), reading a story or passage from a book, or viewing photos for the induction, but I'm unsure of the particulars at this point in my brainstorming.

Any ideas? Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!



stuff like this? :shrug:




--------------------
:leaf::leaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ways to induce emotional vulnerability, uncertainty, or death anxiety? [Re: Shroomin Capote]
    #20766428 -

i have emotional vulnerability, uncertainty and death anxiety over this guy...  therefore I am making homemade food so he doesn't have to die from IBD.





--------------------
When telling the truth becomes an act of treason, and society chooses delusion and deception over fundamental reality, you've been invaded and infiltrated by other beings that have now integrated into your country and community.  Bless our reptile overlords who control, harvest, and eat us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Favorite trip report/drug induced story that you found on the Shroomery? 0xYg3n 3,626 9 05/09/05 12:22 AM
by 0xYg3n
* what emotion do you feel right now?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
psilibros05 2,950 73 01/30/05 10:00 PM
by psilibros05
* man leaps to death on shrooms!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Thin White Duke 6,217 64 05/07/05 11:21 AM
by TODAY
* anxiety! help! duster 1,056 7 09/10/04 12:03 AM
by duster
* Looking for some emotional and passionate music daba 912 8 05/04/04 03:20 AM
by Krishna
* Drugs for anxiety and ADD moosehead 1,358 9 06/05/05 10:02 AM
by moosehead
* Marijuana-Induced Creativity RebelSteve33 1,412 9 06/24/10 03:35 AM
by XiC_clone
* Lucid Dream inducing mask SneezingPenis 808 4 02/10/05 04:31 PM
by SneezingPenis

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,127 topic views. 6 members, 39 guests and 58 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.