Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Are you the voice in your head??
    #2074926 - 11/05/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

We all think/talk in our heads right? Well who are YOU? the real you? is it that voice, or is that voice just 'ego'? 

Ahhh how can i put this in words.....

Like right now.....im (in my head) voicing out what im typing.... is that really ME im hearing in my head? Or is the true ME controling the brain into making this 'thought voice'??

Anyone kind of see what im trying to get at??

This is gonna drive me nuts...hehe

:bong: time i suppose 

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Are you the voice in your head?? [Re: DazedSol]
    #2074959 - 11/05/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Man I know what you mean. Sometimes if I get too stoned or if Im tripping too hard, I just dont want to talk. Its not that I cant, I just dont like it. Its like on fear and loathing, when in his head his thoughts are perfect and deep. But when he talks its ridiculous. The sound of my voice versus what i think it should be in my head is a big change. It is odd.

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: Are you the voice in your head?? [Re: TheCow]
    #2074981 - 11/05/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The ancient greeks beleived that thought occured in the heart. Does that mean they experienced their inner voice as being somewhere inside their chests?

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2075001 - 11/05/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

creepy to think about it, isnt it :smile:

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Are you the voice in your head?? [Re: Kremlin]
    #2075560 - 11/05/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I know what you mean, when you're thinking you're hearing your thoughts inside your head in fully formed sentences.

I tend to think that this voice is more a conceptual, ego based thing and that beyond that is wordlessness. Language is an ego skill although it may be used to sort of kind of convey ideas beyond it's means. I find it's when I quiet that voice and listen for wordless thoughts and sensations that I'm experiencing something truer than ego.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2075675 - 11/06/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It depends. Sometimes when I think, there are no words at all. There are only concepts and instants of understanding. Other times when I think, and most of the time, it is my voice in my head speaking (or at least what I think my voice to sound like). Some other times there are many voices in my head, all chattering bits of the same idea. This is most often the case when I'm really stoned or something.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Are you the voice in your head?? [Re: trendal]
    #2075735 - 11/06/03 12:19 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The voice in my head doesn't have a real tone like a spoken voice would. The consonant sounds are there in my head, but the vowels, the actual tone of voice are real faint in my inner voice.

This summer I used to try to stop thinking in words. I stopped trying though, because it's important to have a good vocabulary and be able to think and speak quickly.

--------------------
Namaste

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
Re: Are you the voice in your head?? [Re: RedNucleus]
    #2075799 - 11/06/03 12:41 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

all the voices in your head are your own, or other poeple's. it all originates from somewhere.

you are all the voices that you can understand and call upon i'd say.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Are you the voice in your head?? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2076137 - 11/06/03 04:13 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well, there is the "me" that we identify with and then there is the true "me" that we actually are.

I believe that we have a soul, that it is who we really are. It is attached to this physical body to experience, to learn. It is who we really are. We don't identify with it now, but it is there, even if we have no voices going on in our head at the moment. This body, these thoughts...it isn't us. :grin: The fact that we are conscious is us. It is what makes us conscious and aware that makes us "us".

Just don't get too terribly attached to this life, because this life is temporary. The real us goes on after we die here.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineTaquito
Feed your head!
 User Gallery

Re: Are you the voice in your head?? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2076759 - 11/06/03 11:00 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Which one? Not to sound crazy, but I have 2 or 3 talking to me most of the time. I think 1 is my ego and the other the side I dont show to people, what I truly think and feel, althought the first wont let the second come loose, which I dont know if its a good thing or bad...

Im new here, so hey everyone :smile:

--------------------

"Me and a thousand ranking cops from all over America. Why not? Move confidently into their midst."

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
-Dr. Seuss

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Are you the voice in your head?? [Re: Taquito]
    #2076772 - 11/06/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Greetings, Taquito.

The voice in my head sometimes debates itself. Not so much anymore, because I have basically made the transition now from my old state of mind to my new one, and most of the debating was as a result of the new ideas and banning the old ones.

But yeah, it is amazing what I will catch myself saying sometimes. I will sometimes catch my mind saying stuff as if it is like say Lisa or Homer Simpson saying something, like me remembering a quote or someting, except that they are saying something that they never said on any of the shows.. freaky shit. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineTaquito
Feed your head!
 User Gallery

Re: Are you the voice in your head?? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2076787 - 11/06/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thx for the welcome fireworks_god.

I know what you mean about the quotes things, it happens alot to me to, good thing most of the time I dont say it, but sometimes they escape from my mouth to fast for my mind to stop them ( if your confused about what I just sayed, dont worry, I was to after reading it :tongue: ).

Unlike you, im still in a transitional phase in my life, lately ive been thinking about what should I do or what will I become, but thinking about it, my guess is that everyone get's the same way in there first semester in college. I hope... :crazy:

--------------------

"Me and a thousand ranking cops from all over America. Why not? Move confidently into their midst."

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
-Dr. Seuss

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder