Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemikeisapro
Pro
Melatonin to induce nodding???
    #20702707 - 10/14/14 04:39 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I cant seem to find ANY info on the net about melatonin being taken to induce a nod.

Has anybody ever taken a mega dose of it?

Youd think that at least opiate users who like to nod would have tried to take high doses of melatonin to help catalyze their nod. But I can't find anything on the internet about melatonin and nodding.

--------------------
Life without drugs lacks substance(s).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Melatonin to induce nodding??? [Re: mikeisapro]
    #20702718 - 10/14/14 04:40 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

you dont find anything online about it because there is no such thing as melatonin making you nod

if you are really that desperate to potentiate your dope, take an antihistamine like benadryl

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

#20702727 - 10/14/14 04:41 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Never tried it. Question though, is melatonin something that if taken too much of can compromise the natural production of it?

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#20702755 - 10/14/14 04:46 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Melatonin is a tryptamine, and doesn't work on opiate receptors. Overdosing (like a lot) on melatonin would cause hallucination and sleep deprivation, if not a deep sleep with extreme grogginess the next day, and an inability to sleep for the next day. Melatonin doesn't bind to opiate receptors, but it does aid in releasing your bodies endogenous endorphins, but that's not going to help with something like this, and taking more of it wouldn't necessarily do the trick either. 3 mg is probably as good as 20 mg in this endogenous morphine circumstance (though 20 would fuck your sleep up).

I take melatonin quite a lot. Overdosing on melatonin wont hurt you long term, but there is no reason to do it. It wont help in this situation, and will only fuck up your sleep cycle. Most people who take over the counter melatonin take too much as is. Pills are sold in 3 mg doses, when only half a mg is needed to act as a sleep aid. Anything beyond that causes disturbances in your circadian rhythm and serotonin cycle.

Just my 2 cents. I'm no biochemist, so I may be glossing over some facts here.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#20702769 - 10/14/14 04:48 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

that's nasty bro. the only thing melatonin will induce is horrible nightmares and a lack of good quality sleep. seriously, melatonin sucks. chamomille ftw

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Melatonin to induce nodding??? [Re: 1234go]
    #20702781 - 10/14/14 04:50 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
Never tried it. Question though, is melatonin something that if taken too much of can compromise the natural production of it?

In my experience, yes. Though not taking it for a week more or less alleviates any problems from what I can tell (just as an observation of my sleep schedule).

But like I said in the above post, people take way too much of it on a regular basis. .5 mg dose is all that is really needed. 1 mg dose works very well too. 3 mg, which a lot of bottles sell as the 1 pill dose, is too much. People take it a step further and take two or three of these 3 mg pills though. Sometimes more.

And then they wonder why melatonin didn't work for them as a sleep aid, when in all reality it's because they took too much.

OfflineMrBlueYoMind
Don't do drugs (Without me)

Re: Melatonin to induce nodding??? [Re: 1234go]
    #20702783 - 10/14/14 04:50 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

1234go said:

I believe so.  IIRC taking melatonin on a consistent basis will cause your body to lower/cease producing it on its own.  It is not something that should be taken every night.  You are better off taking a supplement like tryptophan, which will allow your body to naturally make the melatonin.

--------------------
Confucius say: He who sticks drugs in butthole has head up ass. 
EVOLUTION REQUIRES REPRODUCTION

Offlinemikeisapro
Pro
Re: Melatonin to induce nodding??? [Re: morrowasted]
    #20702784 - 10/14/14 04:50 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
you dont find anything online about it because there is no such thing as melatonin making you nod

if you are really that desperate to potentiate your dope, take an antihistamine like benadryl

I took 75mg benadryl with 90mg oxy and 2mg xanax, which I bumped up to 3mg. Still didn't nod.

So you know from personal experience that melatonin doesn't produce a nod? Have you tried high doses with opiates and other potentiators, or even high doses alone?

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
    #20702798 - 10/14/14 04:53 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mikeisapro said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:

I took 75mg benadryl with 90mg oxy and 2mg xanax, which I bumped up to 3mg. Still didn't nod.

So you know from personal experience that melatonin doesn't produce a nod? Have you tried high doses with opiates and other potentiators, or even high doses alone?

if you didnt nod from 90mg oxy and 3mg xanax  then you should just give up on trying and pursue alternative means of feeling good. take it from a guy who at age 23 required over 200mg of oxycodone to achieve the same effect he achieved from 25mg of hydrocodone at age 15. it's a literal dead end

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Melatonin to induce nodding??? [Re: zZZz]
    #20702807 - 10/14/14 04:54 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
that's nasty bro. the only thing melatonin will induce is horrible nightmares and a lack of good quality sleep. seriously, melatonin sucks. chamomille ftw

I used to have insomnia to the point that I'd stay up for days at a time. True insomnia. Hypnagogic hallucinations were normal for me, and I was always out of it. This lasted from when I was 14 to 19, with many prescription sleep aids in the process.

When I realized that melatonin does what prescription sleep aids don't, it was a god send. I didn't get true sleep for years, and then it was as if one day I just started getting true rest. Melatonin doesn't suck, it's how people use it that sucks. People want it to be like ambien or something, but it's not going to be like that. It's a true sleep aid, it doesn't put you in a coma like other shit out there.

You can fight off sleep after taking melatonin too. Which is why many people don't notice it working properly. It really works best when you use it in conjunction with getting true sleep, rather than taking it and dicking around on a computer waiting for it's effects to kick in. People are so addicted to being awake that they don't want to go to bed until they are delirious. Melatonin wont help like this either.

OfflinePureless
Crushed it

Loc: Blueridge
    #20702810 - 10/14/14 04:55 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

If you took 90mg of oxy and a bar of xanax and didn't nod, maybe time to chill? Lol, melatonin ain't gonna help you.

OfflinePureless
Crushed it

Re: Melatonin to induce nodding??? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #20702822 - 10/14/14 04:56 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Quote:

zZZz said:

I used to have insomnia to the point that I'd stay up for days at a time. True insomnia. Hypnagogic hallucinations were normal for me, and I was always out of it. This lasted from when I was 14 to 19, with many prescription sleep aids in the process.

When I realized that melatonin does what prescription sleep aids don't, it was a god send. I didn't get true sleep for years, and then it was as if one day I just started getting true rest. Melatonin doesn't suck, it's how people use it that sucks. People want it to be like ambien or something, but it's not going to be like that. It's a true sleep aid, it doesn't put you in a coma like other shit out there.

You can fight off sleep after taking melatonin too. Which is why many people don't notice it working properly. It really works best when you use it in conjunction with getting true sleep, rather than taking it and dicking around on a computer waiting for it's effects to kick in. People are so addicted to being awake that they don't want to go to bed until they are delirious. Melatonin wont help like this either.

listen to this guy. I take it in 1 mg doses. I do think it helps, I dislike the lucid dreams it produces.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Melatonin to induce nodding??? [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #20702823 - 10/14/14 04:56 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MrBlueYoMind said:
Quote:

1234go said:

I believe so.  IIRC taking melatonin on a consistent basis will cause your body to lower/cease producing it on its own.  It is not something that should be taken every night.  You are better off taking a supplement like tryptophan, which will allow your body to naturally make the melatonin.

Agreed. If you're going to take melatonin as a sleep aid, take it twice a week at the very most, and not one day after the other. Less is better. If taken once, it helps put you on a proper sleep cycle. If taken daily, you just stay wide awake until you take it, as if your body is just waiting for it to signal that it's time to sleep. Not to be abused.

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

#20702839 - 10/14/14 04:59 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Gotcha, thanks y'all. I think i'll hold out.

Offlinemikeisapro
Pro
    #20702860 - 10/14/14 05:01 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Quote:

zZZz said:

Oh Im aware of all this.

I have been taking melatonin for about a year now. It works best if I take it, and then immediately get into bed, no light, no sound, and attempt sleep. Then I fall asleep pretty easily, despite having a history of insomnia.

It's great for sleep, but Ive never taken a high dose of it. High doses are not really dangerous, just never wanted to mess up my 'tonin tolerance.

I was just curious if it can make one nod, or aid in a nod. So nobody here has taken like 30mgs of it? Or any really high dose?

Also, to those that say "nightmares" or"lucid dreams", I love both of these phenomena.

--------------------

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
    #20702875 - 10/14/14 05:05 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Melatonin just makes me sleepy, I doubt it would help you nod out :lol:

I admit, I do enjoy melatonin as a sleep aid :sleep:

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#20702882 - 10/14/14 05:07 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Quote:

zZZz said:

ime it worked, it made me sleepy, but it also made me feel like shit in the morning from dreaming all night. sure it put me to sleep, but what's the point if im going to end up having some fucked up dreams all night..

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#20702888 - 10/14/14 05:08 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mikeisapro said:
I was just curious if it can make one nod, or aid in a nod. So nobody here has taken like 30mgs of it? Or any really high dose?

Also, to those that say "nightmares" or"lucid dreams", I love both of these phenomena.

I've taken about 40 mg before, made me delirious and messed up my sleep for days. Caused some hallucination as well 5 hours in, but it was like shadows and spiders and stuff. Typical hypnagogic hallucination really, the same feeling you'd get from being sleep deprived for a few days even if you weren't at all sleep deprived.

OfflinePureless
Crushed it

#20702896 - 10/14/14 05:09 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't risk taking a high dose of it. There is no high associated with melatonin and you might fuck up your bodies natural production. That seems risky and pointless.

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Melatonin to induce nodding??? [Re: Pureless]
    #20702906 - 10/14/14 05:11 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

True true

One of my favorite supplements to take is a certain brand on 5HTP (don't remember the name)  it had 5htp, valerian root :cool: and melatonin, the best dreams I ever had was when I took one before bed,

But without drugs my dreams are so vivid its fucking crazy :rofl: I think I mastered lucid dreaming,

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order