I found the same speces as these mushrooms, a few weeks ago, at a different location. At that same location I also found a tiny species of psilocybe (i'm pretty damn sure). that could be found growing out of elk dung only, and only elk dung that was under certain leaves, and had a certain kind of moss starting to grow on it. They gat to be about 3 inches tall at max, and had a thin long stem when aged. Younger ones were still tiny, but had thicker stems. The cap was a darkish brown, and had a whitish zone around the margin. Looked somewhat like a miniature version of panaeolus fimicola, which I sometimes find growing from horsedung. However, in age this species looked somewhat similar to a miniature liberty cap.. Now I know for an absolute fact, these are not p semilanceata. They do show some blueing,, and older caps had a nipple. I could not get a sporepring, as the caps were much too tiny, about a third of an inch at max. It would be rediculous to try and consume this species unless you had hundreds of speciments. and they seem to be pretty rare, although they wre on a good percentage of eli tird pales in the are I was gym hunting. If anyone knows anything about this psilocybe, ore one similar, that I am discussing, please let me know.
Now, on to the gyms. Yesterday I decided to go spectabilis hunting in a different spot , then the one mentioned before. It is nearby, but in a different creek valley. This one is slightly different, as there are no ferns here, as there are in the smaller area I discussed earlier. It has been raining, but nowt much, so I didn't expedt to find much. I smoked a bowl and headed out on the short hike to get me to the area I frequent. It was much wetter out than I thought, and I saw many mycena on my walk through the forested hills. I finally reached my destination, and was stoked on what I might find. The areas in which I look for spectabilis are boggy mossy, areas, with spruces, mixed with alders, and niine-bark mapes. Places that are slightly open, yet still encolsed.. I was walking through my usual rout, when right before the good zone, I spotted, a huge fresh spectabilis, with a couple rediculously old ones nearby. I cut it away from the mossy log, and put it in my basket. I sat down on a log to smoke a ciggarette., and I looked down and to my right, and sawthe blue gym. MI about shit my pants. It was a pretty old one, but I was still excited. I'd only seen this species of mushroom one before, a couple weeks ago at the other spot. I started to see more of them, most of them too old to coolect. However I did find some fresh ones, and being the person I am, I took them home and ate them. I collected some semi old ones oto, and might make tea. I don't know, because I hardly got any trip from the really big fresh one I ate last night. Probably wasn't enough, but I guess I'm just happy I'm still fine, and know I'm not allergic to these mushes or something. Please, andy one with gym experience tell me about it. I still really am not sure if this is aeruginosas, because I just see it as looking quite different. Anyway, here are some pics of some semi -old bugified newaerugs. ThOne thing that is amzing about this species, is the absolutesly amazing blueing. In almost every specimine, there is beautiful psilo blue shinging through. That is why I think they are probably moderately active.
 Here is a reconstruction of a fresh cap that I cut up last night for tea today. sorry

I'll be going back up there in a few days with a camera, so you can expect some habitat shots.
Ude
|