Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: newageshaman]
    #20511458 -

Drugs are taken for various reasons, to meditate, to receive insight about yourself, for spiritual purposes, or just for recreational purposes. Who are you to tell people what their reason for taking these drugs should be? If someone wants to drop acid just to feel high and see some pretty colors, then that is their choice and your reason for taking the drugs isn't any more valid or correct then theirs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: itaintreggieham]
    #20512010 -

Congrats OP, this thread is FUN!


--------------------
Even Jesus got stoned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: mandrin13]
    #20512046 -

I didn't think there would be much of an argument for people just looking to "see pretty colors" and get high. I got over the visuals fairly quickly. If I didn't intend to use these drugs for beneficial, insightful purposes, I'd probably stop doing them out of boredom and the body hangovers. Not worth the insomnia and exhaustion just to do and see worthless things.


--------------------
Psychedelics experienced:
LSD, Mushrooms, LSA, THC, Salvia Divinorum, DMT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20512058 -

even if you take them spiritually you are taking them to get fucked up.. invalid thread..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20512062 -

AndyCP said:
I didn't think there would be much of an argument for people just looking to "see pretty colors" and get high. I got over the visuals fairly quickly. If I didn't intend to use these drugs for beneficial, insightful purposes, I'd probably stop doing them out of boredom and the body hangovers. Not worth the insomnia and exhaustion just to do and see worthless things.



how many times have you tripped? what substances, how do you prepare for your voyage? do you have set of rituals you preform before, during and after the experience? Just curious is all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: newageshaman]
    #20512096 -

Quote:
how many times have you tripped? what substances, how do you prepare for your voyage? do you have set of rituals you preform before, during and after the experience? Just curious is all



I've tripped mostly on acid, a few times on shrooms. I'd say I've done it approximately 35-50 times. The first time being the most influential trip I've had. My rituals aren't very complex. I almost always trip in my room. I clean everything, vacuum, clean sheet, etc. I usually pack a fresh hookah for the come up.i get a playlist together that goes with the kind of trip I'm trying to have (New Age, vocal trance, celtic, ambient, metal, etc.) I shower and shave and make sure I'm in comfortable clothing. During my trip I usually just lay on my bed either under the covers or with my eyes closed on top. There I just meditate and try to delve into my mind. I take breaks every so often to smoke some hookah or get some water or change the music.  Coming down, I shower, clean whatever needs to be cleaned, and maybe play some video games and chill music; think about my trip. Eventually sleep. That's a pretty standard trip for me. Though I want to plan more nature trips in the future.


--------------------
Psychedelics experienced:
LSD, Mushrooms, LSA, THC, Salvia Divinorum, DMT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20512183 -

sounds like a perfect setting.


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20512978 -

AndyCP said:
Quote:
how many times have you tripped? what substances, how do you prepare for your voyage? do you have set of rituals you preform before, during and after the experience? Just curious is all



I've tripped mostly on acid, a few times on shrooms. I'd say I've done it approximately 35-50 times. The first time being the most influential trip I've had. My rituals aren't very complex. I almost always trip in my room. I clean everything, vacuum, clean sheet, etc. I usually pack a fresh hookah for the come up.i get a playlist together that goes with the kind of trip I'm trying to have (New Age, vocal trance, celtic, ambient, metal, etc.) I shower and shave and make sure I'm in comfortable clothing. During my trip I usually just lay on my bed either under the covers or with my eyes closed on top. There I just meditate and try to delve into my mind. I take breaks every so often to smoke some hookah or get some water or change the music.  Coming down, I shower, clean whatever needs to be cleaned, and maybe play some video games and chill music; think about my trip. Eventually sleep. That's a pretty standard trip for me. Though I want to plan more nature trips in the future.



I do almost the same (except video games and shaving), but I do sometimes watch funny music videos on Youtube. When I started with psychedelics it was all done outside, because at that time I had many options for siters that I don't have now. Though I ve tripped many times and used to induce  visuals on purpose, just to have fun, it's totally different now. It's just beauty and wisdom mostly... You all know it's hard to explain...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20513001 -

AndyCP said:
As the title states, I am becoming somewhat let down by how many people are using psychedelics wrongly; or "abusing" them. Psychedelics are a blessing, in a way. They help people in so many ways, they are seemingly perfectly healthy to use, a built-in immediate tolerance, and they help open people's' minds and imaginations and are just all around amazing drugs.

That being said, I see so many users on here who are either blatantly or are implying that they just take these drugs to get fucked up and nothing more. I'm all for doing whatever makes you happy and all that jazz, but I just expected more from the small community that is users of psychedelics. How can you take shrooms or acid and actually have no intention of getting anything positive out of it other than having a "awesome time, bro"? Why not just do coke and get the same insight about yourself (Other drugs, etc.)? I used to think psychedelics were very hard to abuse but now I'm starting to see the other side. Just kind of disappointing is all. Because now I know why there is such a negative stigma about these drugs. I literally pour out my feelings on how amazingly awesome these drugs are, to my friends who don't do them, about how they just make me a better person and broaden my outlooks and everything that's stressing me can be put on the back burner.

I don't know. There'll always be those people I guess.



You are just getting fucked up like everyone else. Perhaps you have more restraint than most. No need to ride a high horse though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: usulpsychonaut]
    #20513255 -

For people not seeking some sort of spiritual enlightenment,I think most often,one of two things happen...

You trip for fun and eventually you start to understand that the trip is more meaningful than the "fun" you set out for.

Or,your brain can't grasp that higher meaning and you don't trip again because it was neither enjoyable or enlightening.



Then there are the 2% that just love to be whacked out of their minds regularly on these substances.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: skeet157]
    #20513320 -

Well, OP, you sound like a complete elitist twat.

I've only just started using LSD but the high is unlike anything I've had before and it lasts for so long! I've tried to think deep and focus but my thoughts just whiz by too fast. The colours, the sounds, incredible. The feeling at the peak is unmatched. That's why I will continue to use LSD. Not to become Gandalf.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Q.I]
    #20513751 -

Q.I said:
One of the main experiences brought by Entheogens, is Oneness.

Are you a vegetarian?

Are you going to be ONE with pigs and cows and chickens, who are raised in cages that are so small they can't turn around, and are thrown into boiling water while they're still alive?

Are you going to be ONE with Herman Wallace, a black man, (one of the "Angola 3") who was held in solitary confinement for 41 years -- and then say you're having "fun"? (http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2013/10/04/herman-wallace-held-in-solitary-confinement-for-over-40-years-just-released-escapes-to-freedom/)

I believe that there is a "Joy" of Consciousness. It is a very serious and solemn Joy. You can't feel that Joy if you're ignoring the immense and overwhelming suffering that goes on in the world and that is the world. The "cost" of being able to feel that Joy is not closing your eyes to the reality.

"Fun" is something that children have before they are able to realize what's going on around them.




Are you going to be one with the shrooms as I cut their shroomy little heads off and dehydrate them?  Or the germs I wipe out when I wash my hands?  The birds I fry with my solar panels?  The mouse as it's gobbled up by my pet cat?

How about my tomato plant as I boil her babies to make some fresh salsa?  Mm...  vegetables.

Nature is brutal and violent.  Welcome to life.

Now let's split a quarter and have some fun.

Quote:
And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah




--------------------
Why should we strive with cynic frown
To knock their fairy castles down?  ~ Eliza Cook

It's rather embarrassing to have given one's entire life to pondering the human predicament and to find that in the end one has little more to say than, 'Try to be a little kinder.' ~Aldous Huxley

Edited by paperbackwriter (09/03/14 12:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20513860 -

It's not that I don't think people take them to get fucked up. They definitely do.

I think that some people are incapable of using them to achieve a level of consciousness. Some people can, some people can't. Our brain chemistry is different, but I also don't rule out there is more to the psychedelic experience than just brain chemistry. For those unable to reach a truly higher state, that's all the drugs will ever be for them; a party drug. If you sell, those are the people you "sell" to.

Some people are able to utilize them to their full potential. Those are the people you give freely to.

It's pretty easy to tell who is in which category. Personally, if I take LSD, I don't use any other substance with it because I don't use it to achieve a certain "feeling" or "high." It's never been about that for me. It allows me to ascend to a higher level of awareness and I don't like to alter that state because it teaches me so much every time.

When I first started using LSD, it was fun, but it wasn't satisfying. Everyone else around me seemed to be satisfied with just sitting around looking at pictures or watching Youtube videos. It's really hard for me to be around people who are just trying to "have a good time" with it or "going with the party." 

For me, tripping has never been about experiencing a "good trip." They are nice, and I can achieve them, but I don't really take LSD for "fun." I take it because it shows me things that others cannot see.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to have fun with LSD, it can be fun. I just feel like a lot of people take it with too many expectations or feeling entitled to a "fun time." People should stop focusing on what they want the trip to be and just allow the trip to be what it is.

People get defensive when I say this because they feel like I'm being condescending for saying that certain people are incapable of achieving a higher state of awareness. It's not the case, incapability isn't a negative thing or a lower thing, it's just how people are wired.

Believe me, there are times when I wish I could just take some doses with my friends and go do stupid shit, but it's not something that I'm capable of. I didn't ask for these chemicals to affect me the way they do. I just want people to be aware that they do different things for different people. I think a lot of people who have "bad trips" are probably trying to utilize the chemicals as party drugs while they are actually capable of using them on a much higher level, they should embrace their brain chemistry and see how deep the rabbit hole goes...


--------------------
Flex Your Rights - What to do when dealing with Law Enforcement



Know your rights! Don't talk to law enforcement officers under any circumstance, even if you are innocent.

Edited by moonsphere (09/03/14 12:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: moonsphere]
    #20513957 -

Black people aren't inferior, they're just wired differently.  :lmafo:


--------------------
Why should we strive with cynic frown
To knock their fairy castles down?  ~ Eliza Cook

It's rather embarrassing to have given one's entire life to pondering the human predicament and to find that in the end one has little more to say than, 'Try to be a little kinder.' ~Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: paperbackwriter]
    #20514141 -

paperbackwriter said:
Black people aren't inferior, they're just wired differently.  :lmafo:



Your point?


--------------------
Flex Your Rights - What to do when dealing with Law Enforcement



Know your rights! Don't talk to law enforcement officers under any circumstance, even if you are innocent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: moonsphere]
    #20514254 -

C'MON GUYZ! I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL GONNA DRINK AYA! WAS I THE ONLY ONE!???!!

...well i guess technically it was pharmausca... :hmm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: moonsphere]
    #20515006 -

^^ Damn, I was just trying to give OP some shit to think about and figured you were being sarcastic!  Wish I would have joined you.  Family life and all of that.

moonsphere said:
paperbackwriter said:
Black people aren't inferior, they're just wired differently.  :lmafo:



Your point?



Is the same as I gave OP.  You're trying to pass yourself off as being more enlightened because you weren't satisfied with just dropping some acid and hanging out with your friends.  You need to reach 'higher states of consciousness'.

Here's a big hint for you.  Nirvana is the cessation of desire.

*edit*  lol damn it, I came up with a better response while running an errand but people replied.  Pretend I said this instead...

My point was that for someone who claims that other people aren't inferior you sure pepper in a lot of comparative words like 'truly higher state' and 'much higher level'.


--------------------
Why should we strive with cynic frown
To knock their fairy castles down?  ~ Eliza Cook

It's rather embarrassing to have given one's entire life to pondering the human predicament and to find that in the end one has little more to say than, 'Try to be a little kinder.' ~Aldous Huxley

Edited by paperbackwriter (09/03/14 06:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: paperbackwriter]
    #20515031 -

Like A candle being blown out.

/thread :awehigh:

Edited by Everything (09/03/14 05:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Everything]
    #20515110 -

This thread went beast mode. Transcended my expectations for sure.


--------------------
Psychedelics experienced:
LSD, Mushrooms, LSA, THC, Salvia Divinorum, DMT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20515132 -

AndyCP said:
This thread went beast mode. Transcended my expectations for sure.



this thread basically raped your ratings :rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? hpnotiq 2,908 19 12/24/04 07:53 PM
by twilight715
* Today in psychedelic history (05/05)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 6,470 21 05/05/26 07:01 AM
by Learyfan
* 'Coming out' of psychedelic experiences years later? jdawg333 1,129 4 05/06/21 08:26 AM
by redgreenvines
* How can we get psychedelics rescheduled?
( 1 2 all )
psikooz 4,288 20 03/17/04 07:01 PM
by Psiloman
* Psychedellic Appreciation Day TODAY 2,214 14 05/05/05 12:12 AM
by TODAY
* Improved performance on psychedelics? Twirling 2,588 16 12/13/17 12:55 AM
by Magic-mike24
* Psychedelics and messed-up things that happened to you in the past. AsanteM 1,543 17 05/06/21 04:13 PM
by redgreenvines
* Conscructing the Psychedelic Experience Kid 8,766 14 05/30/17 12:50 PM
by CactiLover

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
13,046 topic views. 2 members, 169 guests and 67 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.