Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge?
    #20449435 -

Seems to me like the participants are more interested in gaining attention for themselves rather than ALS. Not to mention there is a big drought going on in California and they are fining people for abusing the diminishing water supply. CA.gov/drought/

I think there are better ways to raise money for a good cause. What are your thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: Magicman69]
    #20449471 -

Looks fucking stupid :lol:

And fuck the drought. I washed my car yesterday. Thug lyfe.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: Magicman69]
    #20449477 -

stupid waste of water I have been QQ'ing to everyone over here in CA


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: Magicman69]
    #20449487 -

Yeah that's certainly true, but also, why the fuck are civilians doing it?

In all honesty, no one gives a fuck if you arent a celebrity. All these fucking douchy kids doing it on facebook need to fucking stop. No one fucking cares about you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: Magicman69]
    #20449491 -

Magicman69 said:
I think there are better ways to raise money for a good cause. What are your thoughts?



They raised 31.5 million with it.

If you have a better idea, you should email them.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: pfxtc]
    #20449497 -

pfxtc said:
Looks fucking stupid :lol:

And fuck the drought. I washed my car yesterday. Thug lyfe.





I douse myself in cold water before I get out of the shower, tottaly unrelated to this IBC


It just makes you feel relaxed and good :sun:
Idk, cold water is the new drug



thug


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: badchad]
    #20449516 -

badchad said:
Magicman69 said:
I think there are better ways to raise money for a good cause. What are your thoughts?



They raised 31.5 million with it.

If you have a better idea, you should email them.



This.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #20449541 -

How about they host a huge EDM festival that travels from city to city across the world. That would be cool.

Most of that money they got donated takes away from other important causes. People only donate so much money and if everyone donates to one organization, it leaves other good causes dry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: SunnyD]
    #20449553 -

Daddyzomed said:
pfxtc said:
Looks fucking stupid :lol:

And fuck the drought. I washed my car yesterday. Thug lyfe.





I douse myself in cold water before I get out of the shower, tottaly unrelated to this IBC


It just makes you feel relaxed and good :sun:
Idk, cold water is the new drug



thug



Sounds odd but I've started taking ICE COLD showers.

Really wakes you up :lol:


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: pfxtc]
    #20449571 -

I mean its doing some good. They have raised a boatload of money and some people who are pouring ice water on them are also donating money as a "two birds with one stone" kind of a thing. That's what my dad did :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: plektheplek]
    #20449576 -

I always thought that getting cold ice dumped on you could stop your heart?

Maybe I read something false.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: pfxtc]
    #20449592 -

LOL, wouldn't that be ironic. Someone dies doing the challenge and the family sues for all the donations.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: pfxtc]
    #20449637 -

pfxtc said:
I always thought that getting cold ice dumped on you could stop your heart?

Maybe I read something false.



LOL, if you're like... 98 years old

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: pfxtc]
    #20449641 -

pfxtc said:
Looks fucking stupid :lol:




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #20449880 -

Just reminds me of the super lame Nek Nomination for square people I thought today, but its alright:peace: Everybody needs fun, and more ice water poured on people the better...

Shorty:gd_icon:


--------------------
Did I say it too loud? Big heart? Or a little misleading!:musicnote:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: Shortknight]
    #20449915 -

We should ask Africa what they think about it.


--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #20449949 -



--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #20449955 -

They've raised over $25 million.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #20449962 -

for what?

I don't know how to use Internet search engines.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on Ice Bucket Challenge? [Re: pfxtc]
    #20450001 -

Some of my moms friends called her out to do it. I don't think 78 year old women should be dumping ice water on their heads. I remember in my human physiology course in college that very cold water on the face can induce a potential fatal heart arrythmia,


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (08/20/14 07:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* a challenge to the shroomery : shroom babes
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
Hippie3 25,758 183 12/29/03 04:51 AM
by alakona
* Some thoughts I've been having.....
( 1 2 all )
Gillette 4,286 33 12/02/03 10:05 AM
by trendal
* Wednesday Night He-Man Challenge question_for_joo 728 12 05/12/04 07:38 PM
by Ripple
* mush cult pc game? ne1 up for the challenge (like highgrow.) TripleB 1,172 9 08/16/04 05:15 PM
by twigz
* Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains Adom 796 5 08/24/04 10:06 AM
by
* hell in a bucket rockytop83 713 4 03/04/04 06:08 PM
by Infrared
* $100,000 challenge spacedragon 1,280 3 09/01/03 07:24 PM
by Crass
* Jumbled Thoughts DragonEyes 1,862 5 10/14/02 05:24 PM
by CleverName

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,028 topic views. 8 members, 21 guests and 194 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.