Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Puff ball... Lycoperdon genus??
    #20385247 -







I found this guy today. He had a twin next to him.

Area: on hill side, not the best soil. Hills of SC some clay and sand in the mix. ( you can see on the attached mycelium)

Size: baseball sized
Feel: Rubbery skin like texture, firm but maliable.
Inside: Typical mushy smell, Pale yellow, more like gel, not powdery in the sack. The "sterile base" appears white.

The ants had found this guy before I could.

Its been nice the last few days after some good rain, lots of mushy speices are sowing there faces.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Puff ball... Lycoperdon genus?? [Re: Gdivski]
    #20385381 -

Something like Calvatia cyathiformis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Puff ball... Lycoperdon genus?? [Re: Ran-D]
    #20385535 -

Ran-D said:
Something like Calvatia cyathiformis.



pretty sure on this one??
To be clear SC meant south carolina. Not doubting. Just asking.
Biggest puffball I have seen. So these are edible from what I read.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Puff ball... Lycoperdon genus?? [Re: Gdivski]
    #20385796 -

Calvatia species likely cyathiformis.


--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Puff ball... Lycoperdon genus?? [Re: Mrcloudy]
    #20385998 -

Ok.
Mr. Cloudy,
I have collected several nice  species from the ganoderma genus this summer.
What are you using the resinaceum for? Medicinal?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Puff ball... Lycoperdon genus?? [Re: Gdivski]
    #20386179 -

So far I have mostly just been growing it. I have just now started using it myself. I was doing tea but cannot stand the taste. I actually boiling a water/ alcohol extract down with the intention of putting it in capsules. I am very interested in the Ganoderma genus. They are a beautiful mushroom and their medicinal properties are a plus.


--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Puff ball... Lycoperdon genus?? [Re: Mrcloudy]
    #20386958 -

They have gained aot of my intrest in the last few months as well. I figured they tasted like shit just from the texture and smell.
What are the growing parameters for the resinaeum?
The picture you have there with the young specimens, why does it look black in some spots in the substrate?

I have read that this genus is a wonder in the medicinal world.
Ill get some pics up later today of the specimens I found this summer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Puff ball... Lycoperdon genus?? [Re: Gdivski]
    #20387052 -

The growing conditions are fairly variable I believe, for the first time I am pitting a few Ganodermas against eachother in my chamber. Resinaceum is by far the fastest.



Resinaceum is on top, two strains, the one on the left is a 3-4 days behind the other one due to some weird thing that happened with the agar wedge in that jar. The one on the left on the bottom is Ganoderma curtisii, the right Ganoderma applanatum. All were introduced to the chamber on the same day except the left side resinaceum, and even it is far beyond the other two.

The black in the jars is the mycelium forming a tough outer skin. It occurs on occasion, not sure why, it could be due to "overly wet" conditions.


--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* puff balls shroom_king 1,391 8 02/08/07 07:19 PM
by shroom_king
* Cubes and a Puff Ball SearchForShrooms 1,138 9 09/12/07 10:43 PM
by implee
* puff balls ? idiotek 1,205 6 09/23/06 11:32 PM
by CureCat
* puff ball question thosemynikes 2,754 11 07/26/06 01:09 PM
by shroomydan
* Puff Ball
( 1 2 all )
MagicRooms 6,578 24 05/02/03 01:22 PM
by Paid
* Puff Ball? lpalta 1,416 9 09/18/05 09:41 PM
by Mitchnast
* cute little puff balls!! ^_^; O_O -_- VampireSlayer 1,397 9 11/10/06 06:41 PM
by CureCat
* Puff ball. Penguin 1,115 3 09/21/02 02:14 PM
by shaggymane

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
537 topic views. 0 members, 27 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.