Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetochiro
Stranger
My MycoBags :-(
    #2020167 - 10/18/03 08:42 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I ordered two MycoBags a while ago. They were inoc'ed in the prescribed manner using common sense sterility procedures (flame sterilization of needle tip, alcohol applied inoculation patch before puncturing, etc.

Both bags were kept at 75-80 degrees and after 25 days the only thing to be seen was some slight condensation at the top of one bag. I made a post to the cultivator's forum asking why this would occur and was told that the bags should be broken up a bit so the mycelium could colonize correctly. The bag with the mild condensation was broken up a bit and left to chill. Green mold overpowered the itty bit of mycelium that had started growing a few days afterwards.

The second bag was re-inoculated (again using common sense cleanliness) and has after ten days in 75-80 degree temperature still showed no signs of mycelial growth. It was broken apart as well.

So... what's the deal? Any insights from MycoBag?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesantashroom
"PsilocybinSyrup"

Loc: in a field near you
Re: My MycoBags :-( [Re: tochiro]
    #2020325 - 10/18/03 11:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How did green mold get in the bags?
They are suppose to be contaminate free.
Isn't there some kinda od guarentee on coloniztion of the bag if directions are followed?

tochiro I suggest you try a PF/BRF tek next time!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2020562 - 10/18/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I've encoutered bags before that were extremly resistant to inoculation. This is not common but it is not unheard of. You can reinoculate with the same spores if you still have them.

I'm interested to hear what MycoBag has to say about these "Duds"

That said, all my duds came from Sporebank.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
    #2020585 - 10/18/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

PPL that i know injected it so it ran down the inside side of the bag.Others have had less chance of col.

Offlinegarbage

#2020782 - 10/18/03 03:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

make sure you are innoculating AROUND the innoculation site. dont stick the needle to the center of the bag and inject, it wont work. you have to innoculate around the hole.

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

InvisibleMycoFactory
Mr MycoBag

Loc: NC, USA
    #2022118 - 10/19/03 05:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I am sorry for your experience. All our products are guaranteed to arrive free of contaminates. Each mycobag has a lot number on it to ensure product reliability and is inspected before shipping.
Mixing the bag early on is the key to rapid growth. If there are latent contaminates they will often show up after doing this. This will also initiate the bag for the culture that was introduced. Skipping this mixing will result in poor and slow growth as the medium is too dense and without air. This is primarily for the Grain based bag.
I do not know what/why you got a contaminant. I do stand behind our products and offer replacement of defective bags. I check my E-mail several times a day and this is the first I have heard of your problem. E-mail me with your order information, quality control number and the problem and I will make it right. E-mail is always your best choice for contact.

Mycobag

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: My MycoBags :-( [Re: MycoFactory]
    #2022285 - 10/19/03 08:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for your reply!

I'm now closing this.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags