Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: why r so many people such jerks? [Re: goldcaphunter]
    #20167363 -

I think kindness and compassion are our true nature. Maybe that's just some hippie eastern bullshit I've allowed myself to be brainwashed by, but I find it adds meaning and happiness to my life.

That's not to say I don't ever get angry. And when I do I am honest and express it. Minor irritations are much different from true anger though. I try to see past those as best I can and try to connect with people.


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why r so many people such jerks? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #20167412 -

I like to hope they are our true nature. I don't think love dominates hate, I don't think hate dominates love as far as "human nature" goes. I think they are both just a primal makeup of who we are, but there are just certain people that get pleasure out of hate and inflicting pain, and others get true pleasure out of giving love. To me, it makes much more sense to like people, it makes life easier on everybody. However, you really can't "just like" somebody.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why r so many people such jerks? [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #20167424 -

I think it's an educational thing personally. I think through proper education, everyone should be kind as a default.

I mean sure, there are true sociopaths out there, but I think they are a very small minority.


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why r so many people such jerks? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #20167503 -

I can see that. Judgment really exists because we conditioned since birth to judge based on appearance and all that mumbo jumbo. Television and the media molds our fragile little minds and convinces us of what beauty is and what isn't and this whole speech. Point being, judgment is a large cause of hate when you think about it. I still say it would kind of exist regardless. We could possibly bring the amount of it down though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why r so many people such jerks? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #20167850 -

nicechrisman said:
I think it's an educational thing personally. I think through proper education, everyone should be kind as a default.

I mean sure, there are true sociopaths out there, but I think they are a very small minority.




there are more good people than bad people, altruism is a biological trait that is necessary to preserve our species and ensure it's survival.

Unfortunately society is one twisted motherfucker, and the hive mind is destructive, dangerous, and detrimental - most individuals are capable of empathy, but people, collectively, tend to be stupid and oblivious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: why r so many people such jerks? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #20167895 -

it's because of resources and greed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Beef Jerky Appreciation Thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
VoidOfsPg 19,061 169 08/13/07 03:31 PM
by Jive turkey
* Now I'M making beef jerky Phychotron 1,366 12 05/14/06 03:01 PM
by Phychotron
* Sushi & Jerky LilShank 837 9 06/29/05 10:07 PM
by Stonerguy
* How's everybody doing today...
( 1 2 all )
Dark_Star 1,818 22 04/30/05 05:26 PM
by Dark_Star
* Everybody Knows... PapaverS 1,652 10 02/16/04 02:35 PM
by Papaver
* The Truth About Beef Jerky Gr8fulJ420 895 4 09/06/05 02:53 AM
by Vex
* Everybody must get stoned!!!! Merkin 1,693 7 05/14/04 05:24 PM
by silversoul7
* Whats everybody up to? (Late night thread, Any topic you choose) *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
THE KRAT BARON 13,383 174 06/25/05 11:54 PM
by Skunk420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,155 topic views. 4 members, 18 guests and 81 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.