Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Shit, did I just spend too much money on lights?
    #2014665 -

I just bought a set of 2 6V flourescent mini lights, and an AC/DC adaptor setup, so I wouldn't need to use batteries or a rechargable setup. After all of the purchases, to have both lights running, off of one outlet, I spent right about $40... Since I'm going to have to use at least 1 extension cord anyway, should I just take all this shit back and get a couple night lights? or should I keep, and figure that it will be a pretty nice lighting setup?


--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shit, did I just spend too much money on lights? [Re: shwowsh]
    #2014716 -

Well, hate to say it, but youd be better off taking them back, keeping the extension cord if you need it, and buy some white LED christmas lights. If you dont already have one, use the money you used for the lights for supplies for a Poor Mans Pod

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shit, did I just spend too much money on lights? [Re: ChopperDave]
    #2014774 -

Hmm Its all up to you. Ill tell you now I just got rid of my white LED Christmas lights cuz I wasn't getting hardly any pinning. But as soon as a I switched to a florescent light, pins have been appearing at a faster rate. I'm pretty sure you could find a cheaper florescent light set up for less than 40 bucks. Peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shit, did I just spend too much money on lights? [Re: Osker246]
    #2014871 -

hmm, they are pretty small sized too, which is handy for putting inside of my rubbermaid, and the adaptor lets me run two separate ones at a time, for two different rubbermaids... shit hard to decide.


--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shit, did I just spend too much money on lights? [Re: shwowsh]
    #2014936 -

Whats the return window on them? Try them for a while, and if you think theyre overkill, return them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shit, did I just spend too much money on lights? [Re: ChopperDave]
    #2015128 -

well i think they will work very nicely, i'm just not sure if they'll work so nicely that it was worth $40. ButI bought them all today, so i got at least a couple weeks before its too late i'm sure. I'll probably end up keeping them, figuring that i'll make up for the cost real soon, and then i'll have a nice light set up for later, that can either be battery powered or through the AC/DC adaptor. I imagine it will also be easier to close lids without big thick extension cords sticking out through the lid. thanks for the advice everyone.


--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shit, did I just spend too much money on lights? [Re: shwowsh]
    #2015227 -

just get those fluorescent bulbs that screw into a regular light socket

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* direct light to the cakes damge? DrPeretz 657 2 10/26/02 01:27 PM
by daussaulit
* Re: And Hooligan said, let there be light GoaTrip 1,379 10 05/02/01 05:13 PM
by Ryche Hawk
* Re: Dark or Light? CLuB99 1,097 2 01/07/00 05:32 PM
by Anonymous
* Color Light? Abudiwa 927 7 10/26/01 10:09 AM
by Anonymous
* Need light in terraium.. what do you guys think? pillsbury420 714 19 03/10/03 04:46 PM
by Chumbler
* light source?? snurferjoe 1,291 10 01/14/18 01:38 AM
by DamskoFusion
* Incadescent lighting vs fluoro friendlyfriends 879 4 08/27/02 09:43 PM
by funwithgus
* Re: Light for P. Cubensis Anonymous 579 3 07/10/00 10:31 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
787 topic views. 16 members, 60 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.