Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Nice spots to chill in Central Park
    #8819290 -

Obviously its a park and has many locations great for picnics, but I want a place that's above average.  I was thinking Strawberry Fields as a point to meet at, and remember there being lots of peaceful spaces around that area with lots of trees and some rocks.  What's your favorite Central Park locale?

Here is a map-- http://newyorkcity2005.web.infoseek.co.jp/information/maps/images/maps/central_park.jpg


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: moeshroom]
    #8819330 -

I like taking the subway (CE line) up to about 72nd or 79th St., cutting in, and walking down to the Southeast. While I know my way around Central Park, I don't know the "map" of it or how to name the different areas...


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8819372 -

Yeah 72nd there is bout near Strawberry Fields.  I enjoyed climbing trees at the edge of the park b/t 72 & 81 so you're actually above the pedestrians on CPW and you can puff or whatever and nobody even knows you're there!  Also the castle-looking thing by the theater is nice until an asian tourist asks you to take her picture just when you remember having eaten all those cubes earlier in the day :smile:

72nd west might be it...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: moeshroom]
    #8819387 -

I used to live in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. I'd eat a couple of doses of LSD, pack a bag with water and ipod and journal and other trip supplies, take the train up to 81 or so, and then just get spun out and lost in the park for hours and hours and hours....good times.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8821169 -

Other ideas anyone?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: moeshroom]
    #8821265 -

Got any pictures? I'm curious as to what a green area in a massive city looks like... I'm having a hard time even fathoming what New York looks like.

Where I am, in England, I'm in a smallish town in the middle of the countryside. If I walk for 10 minutes In any direction I'm surrounded by nothing but forests, fields, lots of rivers and a couple of lakes. I'm down where all the farmers are at :grin:.

Shit do you have any general day to day pictures of what NYC looks like (from your perspective)?


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: Cepheus]
    #8821442 -

If you have Google Earth, you can fly to Central Park and click on the squares to see photos that have been geo-tagged.

These are what you can get, for example-
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/8918612 Stawberry Fields
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5145591 Chill place nearby


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: Cepheus]
    #8821451 -



--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8821459 -

This is a doozy too.

Clicky.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8821465 -

Thats a screen-shot from simcity4

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8821471 -

Very nice :smile:
Is that from the northwest corner?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: abore]
    #8821481 -

abore said:
Thats a screen-shot from simcity4



Not according to this guy...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8821505 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: moeshroom]
    #8821526 -

I've been tripping and sitting on that statue MANY a time. Lovely thing it is.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: moeshroom]
    #8821924 -

I'm definitely going to have to go to that place some day. It looks so different in comparison (I googled for pictures) to somewhere like London .

Tomorrow when I go to the place I get high, trip, walk, ride, etc. I'll take some pictures for contrast.

I might even have a few lying around; seeing as I'm a bum I spend a lot of time there :grin:.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: moeshroom]
    #8822113 -

shrems said:
If you have Google Earth, you can fly to Central Park and click on the squares to see photos that have been geo-tagged.

These are what you can get, for example-
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/8918612 Stawberry Fields
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5145591 Chill place nearby



From little house on the prairie.

"Papa, tell me what the cities like...?"

Haha, you're funny dude. Google "central park"


--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #8822596 -

best spot is that fountain next to the stage thing.  i don't remember at all where it is or whats its called though.  and in the tunnels.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: moeshroom]
    #20122751 -

I know this is an old post but for those who really want an amazing experience? Go to the conservatory garden entrance at 105th street and 5th Avenue, down your mushies, on the come up stroll the garden which is so picturesque.... You will thank me for ever!! Then find the Northern woods!!! You can either ask a park employee (before the actual shroom experience, of course) or go in at 110th street and 5th avenue, find lasker ice skating rink, in the summer it's a pool, when someone points you to it walk up the stairs to get to the pool then keep walking until you reach stairs going down, you will see the bridge and beyond that is the northern woods, it's tricky to get to because it's off the beaten path, but, when you find it you will be greeted by this really awesome waterfall.... Enjoy!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nice spots to chill in Central Park [Re: Ynunez2486]
    #20122761 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cool place to chill (pics included) DannyT 1,801 11 04/16/04 01:06 AM
by Golgi
* Favortie place to chill out?? rosewoodpete 2,735 19 07/05/06 04:09 PM
by eastcoastremedy
* Itchycoo Park
( 1 2 all )
Baby_Hitler 2,356 22 01/08/04 01:49 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Chilled out pictures
( 1 2 all )
Chemical_Smile 3,455 21 06/21/22 12:05 AM
by gamergod88
* People just chill outside Phish show's ? Crass 1,146 14 06/16/03 11:41 AM
by Bob_J
* Say something nice
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Ripple 6,026 92 08/05/03 12:40 AM
by Anonymous
* South Park interrupted by some bitch
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 4,708 24 11/20/03 04:27 PM
by Galvie_Flu
* Chill out Music??? Live406 1,839 16 05/31/04 07:56 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,098 topic views. 2 members, 24 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.