Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis.
    #20079229 -

Hey all, I feel as if I've acquired a "boy who cryed wolf" status around this subforum. I'm sorry if I've been annoying or very OCD about my plants. This being my first grow, I am very worried of failure.

    My plant's new growth is coming out a little deformed with brown spots on it. The brown spots and deformities only seem to be happening on new growth.
There are some pictures to help you all with your diagnosis. Thank you all very much.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Webster10]
    #20079268 -

Looks like maybe a little burnt form the sun if your leaves have been wet when the sun was up  or it may be a nutrient deficiency you'll be fine sometimes over watering can do that to


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Southcoastshrooms]
    #20079292 -

It's rained a lit lately so it could possibly be overwatering. I also just fertilized 3 days ago so that is also a potential cause. And yeah I have been spraying with water regularly and a neem oil+water+dish soap solution at night to help combat a spider mite problem on my other plant. Spraying this plant is more of a preventative than a treatment.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Webster10]
    #20079297 -

What's your pH ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: 404]
    #20079307 -

6.9-7


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Webster10]
    #20079332 -

Perhaps its a potassium or manganese deficiency?  I am going by the pictures in george cervantes' grow bible - but you also said you just nuted the plant...

These leaves look exactly whats going on with my psychotria plant, id like to know as well. I found when i started feeding my plant worm casting tea by humbolt, the crinkling and the spots and deformation went away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: 404]
    #20079358 -

What is the primary nutrient in your EWC tea?


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Webster10]
    #20079395 -

N=.02%-    P=.04%-  K=.1%

Seaweed tea also helps a lot and so does a dose of molasses(if you're in flower)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: 404]
    #20079483 -

Hmm. I'm really not sure at all what the problem is. Hopefully a more experienced gardener will chime in with a diagnosis.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Webster10]
    #20079650 -

I seen one do this one time over a calcium and magnesium deficiency, other than that I concur maybe it is sun damage from leaves being wet.

And for preventing mites on this plant go easier on the levels of oil+soap it does not need a 'kill that shit' potency solution for prevention.


--------------------
~Namaste~


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Webster10]
    #20079848 -



Here man, hope this helps some- its why i said manganese.

I google calcium deficiencies^ and the leaves look close to that as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: lol98xlol98]
    #20079950 -

My solution is very diluted and I only use a few sprays on this plant. The other plant showed signs of spider mites so I sprat that one much more intensively.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Webster10]
    #20079983 -

It looks very much like a potassium defficiency or a manganese defficiency. However, I just fertilized and my fertilizer is 16 for the k value. So I would think it would be a manganese defficiency which I know can be caused by an abundance of magnesium. I don't think I've been adding any magnesium at all.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Webster10]
    #20080206 -

maybe i missed it but what nutes are you using?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: chuptoo]
    #20081590 -

A liquid 24-8-16. And I know this is a very potent fert. but I have been using a very small amount of it when I do fertilize.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Webster10]
    #20081610 -

Never mind potency, what about trace elements? And please, tell me you are using some kind of dosage system more accurate than "(very) small amounts"...


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: LSoares]
    #20081754 -

I'm not sure about trace elements. It's a home depot bought miracle grow fertilizer so I'm pretty sure it's complete shit... However I'm buying a new fertilizer today which will be FoxFarm brand so I hope it will be good. Also I diluted exactly how much fertilizer it said into 1 gallon of water. I then watered with this solution and used approximately 2 cups of water.. not very much at all.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: LSoares]
    #20081758 -

In fact, I am going to a garden supply store today with a large assortment of fertilizers. Would someone mind recommending the best NPK to use during veg and also during flowering? Also I have the choice of buying a low strength fert that I use everytime I water or a high strength fert that I use periodically.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: Webster10]
    #20081773 -

Oh, ok then. You're doing it right, you should always dillute the fertilizer as recommended. Can't help you with the N-P-K ratio, but choose one with added trace elements if you're suspecting of some sort of deficiency.


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This time foreal though, I need a diagnosis. [Re: LSoares]
    #20081872 -

Thank you very much for the information. Do you know if a small defficiency such as this could eventually kill the entire plant? My summer ends late so I'm thinking this plant has about 4 and a half months left.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Symptoms of nutrient deficiencies neuro 3,427 9 05/24/05 07:02 PM
by CptnGarden
* Help with MJ deficiencies PLEASE!!! popnganja420 1,616 17 09/08/05 02:46 PM
by durban_poison
* Anybody know what this is? Defficiency? Zombi3 2,250 18 08/17/14 10:28 AM
by MrGiraffe
* N defficiency going on 5th week of flower. Othyem 976 12 08/29/13 11:05 PM
by Othyem
* Pepper disease diagnosis anyone?? AIRDOG 948 19 03/16/12 12:46 AM
by WALKIE
* Nutrient deficiency? BrainChemistry 1,591 15 08/27/08 02:45 PM
by cpw1971
* nitrogen deficiency or iron deficiency ferrel_human 1,269 7 09/23/13 09:24 AM
by ferrel_human
* Clones and magnesium YidakiMan 644 2 02/21/07 10:07 PM
by YidakiMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,003 topic views. 1 members, 25 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.044 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.