Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineClusterHeadaches
Stranger
SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches??
    #1973418 - 10/02/03 06:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms Cure Headaches??

I, like others, have been suffering with Cluster Headaches for 10 years now. I can't imagine why this pain is simply referred to as a "headache." :confused: I cannot honorably describe just how painful they are, but if you are interested just visit www.clusterheaches.com.

As someone with my dilemma often does, I am searching for a remedy to my terrible pain.  I was pleased and quite surprised to find a link that claims LSD and Magic Mushrooms will not only make my headaches go away, but also cure me of them all together!!  "No way", I thought....:shake:

I have not tried a substance such as Shrooms for about 15 years now, but I am considering trying them again.  Regardless of the outcome I am supposed to achieve according to www.clusterbusters.com, I am interested to know the "current level of head pain" people on these message boards are experiencing. 

Do you experience headaches, migraines, etc.?  It has been determined that by eating Shrooms (or LSD), it is nearly impossible to develop a headache during the trip and for weeks afterwards.  Is this true for you?  It spells relief for me if it is. :grin:

Please respond and tell me whether you DO :thumbup: or DO NOT :thumbdown: suffer from headaches.  This is an important survey for me.  If you, or someone you may know, engage in "tripping", and is headache free, I'd sure like to know about it.  It would really help my personal research.  Thanks in advance for responding. 

(Maybe just respond with, "No Headaches" or "Have Headaches"  Thanks!)

- Signed

Clusterhead :nonono:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: ClusterHeadaches]
    #1973424 - 10/02/03 06:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i do not get headache's, not ever. The only one i can recall since ive been tripping heavy (couple years?) was initiated by salvia...and i had a few from impact or loud music....

but generally no, im headache free all the time.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineClusterHeadaches
Stranger
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: PDU]
    #1973432 - 10/02/03 06:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not too familiar with Salvia, but I think the active chemicle in may differs from Mushrooms and LSD? According to my research, Imatrex, the popular headache drug, works on the same premise as Shrooms and Acid.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: ClusterHeadaches]
    #1973468 - 10/02/03 06:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

before I tried shrooms I would use to get minor head aches about once or twice a week. I dont really get them much now, I never really thought that mushrooms could be the reason why they stoped. Hope it works out for you.

Offlineone800chiapet
Plant-HumanRelationshipsover the phone
    #1973476 - 10/02/03 06:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sumatriptan (imitrex) is a modified DMT molecule. A very close friend of mine who suffers from CH, had terrible reactions to it. She wants to make the pain go away, but she does not want to trip. Has anyone had success treating cluster headaches with below-threshold dosages of P. Cubensis.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: one800chiapet]
    #1973578 - 10/02/03 07:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sumatriptan (imitrex) is a modified DMT molecule.

Correct. Sumatriptan is essentially sulfonated DMT, while psilocybin is essentially phosphorylated DMT.

A very close friend of mine who suffers from CH, had terrible reactions to it. She wants to make the pain go away, but she does not want to trip. Has anyone had success treating cluster headaches with below-threshold dosages of P. Cubensis.

Yes, although there has been a higher rate of success with Level 1 to Level 2 doses. For the majority of clusterheads, Level 3 doses appear to be no more successful than Level 2 doses.

A lot depends on whether the clusterhead is episodic or chronic, and whether the dosing is done between "cycles" or in the midst of one. Sub-hallucinogenic doses taken between cycles appear to prevent new cycles from occurring at all. But if dosing is first begun in the middle of a cycle -- one which has established a firm grip on the clusterhead -- higher doses are normally required, and it is common to need more than one dose to terminate the cycle.

Note that I have been talking so far of the most ambitious use of shrooms (or LSD) in treating clusterheads -- the termination of an entire cluster "cycle". Several clusterheads have reported remarkable success with placing a small chunk of dried mushroom under the tongue in order to abort individual headaches. In these cases, there is no noticeable "stoning" effect, yet the headache vanishes in ten or fifteen minutes. With this method of dosing, the psilocybin can be thought of as a "natural Imitrex". I personally can't be bothered with this, since I have no fear of tripping -- I'd much rather abort the entire cycle than deal with the headaches one by one. It should be noted that it is not unusual for a clusterhead to get hit with a cluster headache multiple times in each 24 hour period, for months at a stretch.

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#1973663 - 10/02/03 07:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ClusterHeadaches writes:

I, like others, have been suffering with Cluster Headaches for 10 years now.

I used to suffer from them. I don't anymore, thanks to psilocybin.

I can't imagine why this pain is simply referred to as a "headache."

Indeed. My only guess is that since the pain is felt above the neck, the word "headache" seemed a logical one. In my case, the pain in the head, bad as it was, paled in comparison to the pain in my eye. It feels (or felt, to be accurate) as if someone is trying to yank my brain out through my right eyeball with a red-hot crochet hook. Female clusterheads with children have described it as trying to give birth through the eyesocket -- four or five times a day for months on end.

I was pleased and quite surprised to find a link that claims LSD and Magic Mushrooms will not only make my headaches go away, but also cure me of them all together!!

That is not quite accurate. Psilocybin and LSD will not cure you of them forever. They are a treatment rather than a cure. You will probably have to dose two or three times a year for the rest of your life if you are an episodic clusterhead, and maybe as often as every six weeks to two months if you are a chronic clusterhead. Results vary.

It must be noted that there are a very few people who claim to have followed all the recommended dosing guidelines laid out at clusterbusters.com yet still get cluster headaches, but I have no way of verifying that they in fact followed directions scrupulously. Part of the requirements for success with hallucinogens is that the patient be completely free of any lingering traces of certain medications which may interfere with the action of the hallucinogen. Unfortunately for clusterheads, some of the more effective non-hallucinogenic meds are either known to interfere (i.e. any ergot-based meds) or strongly suspected of interfering. It is a lot to ask of someone rolling around in agony several times a day to refrain for at least five days in a row from reaching for a med which he knows will provide at least some relief. I will admit that I personally am not strong enough to do so, which is why it took so long for the shrooms to break the first cycle in which I tried them -- I just couldn't hold out, and reached for the Fiorinal and the Imitrex when the going got tough. Even at that, though, it only took about five or six Level 2 trips to end the cycle, and two of those "trips" would more accurately have been described as Level 1. If I had been med-free, it probably would have taken just two or three doses instead.

I cannot claim that 100% of clusterheads dosing with these hallucinogens will get 100% relief. However, there are almost none who won't experience at least some relief (and often substantial amounts of relief for days or even weeks at a stretch) with shroom therapy.

It works. No hype, no bullshit. It works.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: Phred]
    #1973787 - 10/02/03 08:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

what a gift, good luck to you. :heartpump:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1973921 - 10/02/03 09:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I barely ever get headaches and when I do its not bad at all....and goes away very quickly.....I have never had a migraine or cluster headache either....but I have seen ppl who get them tho so I know how shitty they must be....neways I don't think in my case its the psilocybin preventing them but I do believe it works for ppl so I would give it a try

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #1974160 - 10/02/03 10:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

so is there anyway to de-sulfanate imitrex and get some straight n,n dmt from it ?

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: Infrared]
    #1974218 - 10/02/03 10:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Probably, but it's hugely expensive, complex, and not worth the effort. A single 50 mg. Imitrex pill will run you around $15 to $20. Makes more sense to extract it from natural sources.

I don't exaggerate when I say that cluster headaches bankrupted me. Imagine consuming 4 to 5 Imitrex pills per day for 4 to 7 months out of each year for ten years -- paying full pop for the pills. I had no medical insurance.

Not only is psilocybin much more effective, it's basically free (psilocybes grow wild here). A single syringe, a bale of straw and some casing material, and you've got enough medicine to dose for the next ten years. I just wish I'd known about it from the first headache on.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #1975089 - 10/03/03 05:49 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I very very rarely get headaches. Usually when I get a flu/fever/cold.
But I'm also not a heavy tripper.

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1976963 - 10/03/03 06:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't suffer from headaches.

Maybe I get one or two mild headaches a year..Of course, before I was into psychedelics I didn't get headaches often at all either so I can't really say if it effected me with regards to headaches..

But there's my answer

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1977410 - 10/03/03 09:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It wont cure them, but psychadelics are known to stop a cluster head cycle.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: baraka]
    #1979216 - 10/04/03 04:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Strange, I never get headaches except for when I trip hard. I usually end up with a headache the next day that lasts a few hours. Maybe my brain is just put together wrong.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: bert]
    #1980249 - 10/05/03 01:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I just had a headache the other day from a syrian rue+shroom tea+shroom choco. It lasted the next day but was very mild, enough to make me feel a bit more down though.

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
    #1981087 - 10/05/03 01:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The last time I tripped I got a hangoverish kind of headache the next day. As far as chronic headaches like migraines or clusters, though, I've never been prone to them, before tripping or after.

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: MarioNett]
    #1981260 - 10/05/03 02:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I get a headache every time I trip shrooms

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Offlinepotsmkr
Stranger
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: Harbinger]
    #1981683 - 10/05/03 05:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've actually noticed in the past, extreme headaches that last only a little (30 seconds to 2 minutes) while when doing strenuous things in the days after tripping.

Offlinegir
Perceptionist

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: potsmkr]
    #1983721 - 10/06/03 01:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

No [sober] headches ever occur for Swim, but the comedown from alpha-o makes his head "feel like its gonna explode and turn into a buncha little baby heads." <--- Quote from one of swims buddies. Man that hurts!!! Occasionally 2c-i will give produce a mild headache at the comedown also.

--------------------
Click HERE for a sample of one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience