Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible0toxic0
Stranger
how do i know if im ready? *DELETED*
    #1963029 - 09/29/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by 0toxic0

Reason for deletion: No Reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: how do i know if im ready? [Re: 0toxic0]
    #1963175 - 09/29/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

don't be scared, thats the key. Have a positive attitude going into it with a positive comfortable setting. but since your asking whether you should or not.. maybe its not the best idea for you.

good luck :smile: 

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #1963331 - 09/29/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps involve yourself with deep meditation, breathing practices, and yoga. Learn to focus your mind and find peace and let go :thumbup: Once you have a rudimentary understanding of how to access particular states and learn how to ease out of sticky situations, you should be well prepared for a psychedelic/entheogenic experience.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: how do i know if im ready? [Re: Xochitl]
    #1963383 - 09/29/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> how do i know if im ready?

Only you can answer that question.

> i  feel like im ready.

... and you did.  :smile:

> but how do i know wehn i can have a decent trip wihtout getting fucked up like all the people i know?

Depends on what you mean by 'fucked up'.  Long term, they ruined their lives, or short lived acting like a moron while tweaking on shrooms?

I cannot help with the first type of 'fucked up'.

For the second, I can offer some insight.  There are basically two types of people that eat shrooms (and a single person can be both).  The first type is out to have a good time.  Nothing wrong with this, though I feel that it is a waste of opportunity.  The second type is out to try and learn something about the world, or themselves.  If you are of the first type, then there is nothing you can do.  When you are having fun on shrooms, you are going to look and act 'fucked up'.  If you are of the second type, then being 'fucked up' doesn't matter,  because usually you are alone (or with just a sitter).

Remember also, that higher dosage equates to more 'fucked up'.  Sometimes I enjoy a nice low dosage to twist reality just a hair, and then kick back and listen to music or go out and sit in the woods and enjoy nature.  For me, I find a nice mellow trip to be much more rewarding than the heroic "who am I" dosage.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
Re: how do i know if im ready? [Re: Seuss]
    #1963412 - 09/29/03 04:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yeah man, just do 'em. as long as you know what you're doing it's all good. make sure to follow the set and setting rules especially for your first time. have fun :smile:

Offlineseraphim
pugilist andstamp licker

Loc: brooklyn, ny
    #1963661 - 09/29/03 06:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, follow the guideliines about set and setting you must have come across a number of times when doing all your reading. be prepared to enjoy it. be prepared for it to be difficult at times. prepare a safe space in case of trouble. have experienced people around you. don't go too far on your first time, i'd say. if you feel positive, if you are ready and willing to accept the risks, which you seem to know, then you are probably ready, and we wish you well. tell us about it when it happens!

--------------------
trying to lose the monkey mind a little bit

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #1964079 - 09/29/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Lots of good info in here.  You may also want to read the following two documents:

Just remember that no matter what you decide, there will be more time to try again in the future.  The experience is not permanent, though it may have the power to permanently change a piece of your perspective.  Dose low, perhaps 1-2g dried material (1.7g is a good starter dose I think), ensure you are in a comfortable mindset and surrounding where you will not be bothered or made uncomfortable.  Then let go and enjoy the ride  :mushroom2:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: how do i know if im ready? [Re: geokills]
    #1964346 - 09/29/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Just start with a lower dose, like half an 8th for your first time. I ate half an 8th my first time and I can honestly say it was my best trip ever. I didn't trip the hardest, but it was just the best, I really can't explain it. I think most would agree with me.
When you do decide to eat them, always remember to stay calm. It will be gone in a few hours and is only temporary.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: how do i know if im ready? [Re: Harbinger]
    #1964753 - 09/30/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I split an 8th with someone who was very experienced for my first trip as well and it was fantastic. I admit I was intimidated by it and a little more comfortable when i came down but I couldn't really ask for a better first time. After that i've found it's less intimidating because I'm more comfortable with the state of being. If you think you're ready you probably are. Just remember to accept the frame of mind you'll be in and not try and see things rationally or act rationally to cover up the fact that you're high. I unfortunately had to do that near the end of my trip (thank god it wasn't my peak) because my friend's dad's buddy dropped by and started talking to me. Also, my friend who hadn't shroomed thought it was funny to walk behind me and whisper "hallucin-ucin-ucin-ation-ation-ation" in alternating ears.. that fucker! But really, I'm just raving. If you feel you're ready you are, just be chosey about set and setting and relax into it. Mushrooms can be very wonderful friends:)

OfflineJAMsper
Psychodelic

Re: how do i know if im ready? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #1965287 - 09/30/03 07:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you think you are ready, you are... if you are sure about it. It's all about the mindset :smile:

Offlinel3ounTy
Lets Burn oneDown

Loc: Chi-town
Re: how do i know if im ready? [Re: JAMsper]
    #1965942 - 09/30/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I was completly ready to eat them the first time i really tripped, the first time i tried to trip i just got a great body buzz. I think that if you freak out when you normally just blazed its the wrong thing for you, you must have a positive mindset going into it, because weird but cool things happen. Just make sure your around some close friends, I know i hate being around sober people, brings down my trip or your around people that wont let you leave by yourself cuz they themselves are scared. Pisses me off im always like get the hell away man i wanna explore my own mind. O well make sure your ready and you have a place to chill and experience everything that is around you! Have fun. R()l3

OfflineJhadAgainstReality
the only thinglonger than myname is my penis

Loc: england
Re: how do i know if im ready? [Re: l3ounTy]
    #1967000 - 09/30/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

IMHO

you're never ready, you never can be ready, a first psychedelic trip will always exceed your expectations.

all you can do is be prepared

--------------------
"Listen Bush, i dont have any weapons. are you listening asshole? i dont have any fucking weapons! whats your problem, you fucking prick? Do you, like, WANT to go to war or something?! hey! whats all that laughter? whats so fucking funny?! Bush? BUSH! *click* Hello? HELLO?"

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: how do i know if im ready? [Re: JhadAgainstReality]
    #1967340 - 09/30/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

My first trip was a few days ago and it exceeded my expectations. Nothing could prepare me for it. You just gotta do it and try to have fun.

I took 13g wet, picked right off the cake, chewed it up. I just wanted to get a feel for shrooms. And man, did I ever...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies