Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex?
    #19606960 -

Is it better to slice pods to harvest raw latex, or to blend up whole pods/poppy straw? As I understand it, slicing produces a cleaner product/lower quantity than blending, and even a cheesecloth wouldn't remove all of the released plant cell/chlorophyll from blended pods. Is this a correct assumption and/or does it really matter?


--------------------
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."

"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."

"All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: Pelidc]
    #19606978 -

1st, im sure the drug lords cut the pods the way they do for a reason

2nd, you some kinda druggie bro? check yourself into rehab b4 you ruin your life.


--------------------
we are the universe contemplating its self.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: evileye001]
    #19607110 -

evileye001 said:
1st, im sure the drug lords cut the pods the way they do for a reason

2nd, you some kinda druggie bro? check yourself into rehab b4 you ruin your life.



:geicogecko:

This man has a point.


--------------------

I'll see you in another life... when we are both cats.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: evileye001]
    #19607377 -

evileye001 said:
1st, im sure the drug lords cut the pods the way they do for a reason

2nd, you some kinda druggie bro? check yourself into rehab b4 you ruin your life.



you cant be serious tho,,


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: NWlight] * 1
    #19607483 -

NWlight said:
evileye001 said:
1st, im sure the drug lords cut the pods the way they do for a reason

2nd, you some kinda druggie bro? check yourself into rehab b4 you ruin your life.



you cant be serious tho,,



If you do any drugs, EVER.. then you will be in rehab for the rest of your life!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: Pelidc]
    #19607552 -

Slice them for sure. You will probably mess a couple up for your first few times. You don't need a razorblade or something; and anyway, farmers use wooden sticks with 1mm lines of pins on them and walk through the fields tapping at the pods. If you slice too deep you can just make the pod quasi-fill itself with latex and die. You will get high just from licking/eating some of the latex (in small doses!) so please be careful with it. I have success milking them during the day and letting a cool, dry night harden up all the latex.

:hippie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: Pelidc]
    #19607621 -

Blend them, there is a lot more latex in the pods then what you would get if you score them.  Its also a lot less work.  Pharma companies use poppy straw for this reason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppy_straw#Harvesting


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: Pelidc]
    #19607635 -

I grew 30+ of hens and chickens variety of papaver somniferum
a decade or so ago and the resulting tar got me and a roommate 
messed up for a day. We just ate the stuff all in one shot.

We're not into needles. Anyone who play with needles
eventually get some real life issues. But it's not
something I would recommend to every one.

The reason it could be very addicting very fast.

They were very nice plants though.

Be careful, that stuff is very addicting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: spore baby]
    #19607810 -

So I've got a vote for slicing and a vote for blending. I'd be willing to sacrifice on a little bit of quality if the quantity is increased more than the quality is reduced, but I"m not sure of the ratios for that. Is blended opium still good, or does it just get nasty?


--------------------
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."

"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."

"All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: fapjack]
    #19607990 -

fapjack said:
Blend them, there is a lot more latex in the pods then what you would get if you score them.  Its also a lot less work.  Pharma companies use poppy straw for this reason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppy_straw#Harvesting




the reason for the mechanical process is because it saves fuckloads of
money on labor, milking pods is very labor intensive and for the average
grower/user it's fine to milk them because it yields a more pure product,
when on an industrial scale it's more efficient to harvest it all and then
extract the alkaloids and refine it to a more pure product because they're
using the pods and straw they'll get a larger yield. in small scale,
milking them is more effective because you can still use the pods later for
extraction, on large scale production it's more cost effective to use the
entire plant for the product

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #19608014 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #19608117 -

Its not going to get your more product.
Prisoner#1 said:
fapjack said:
Blend them, there is a lot more latex in the pods then what you would get if you score them.  Its also a lot less work.  Pharma companies use poppy straw for this reason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppy_straw#Harvesting




the reason for the mechanical process is because it saves fuckloads of
money on labor, milking pods is very labor intensive and for the average
grower/user it's fine to milk them because it yields a more pure product,
when on an industrial scale it's more efficient to harvest it all and then
extract the alkaloids and refine it to a more pure product because they're
using the pods and straw they'll get a larger yield. in small scale,
milking them is more effective because you can still use the pods later for
extraction, on large scale production it's more cost effective to use the
entire plant for the product



Seems you are right about using the straw after lancing the pods.  I incorrectly assumed that poppies didn't make more morphine after being fully mature.


--------------------

Edited by fapjack (02/23/14 11:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: fapjack] * 2
    #19608245 -

after being an afghani opium grower for the last 30 years... :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: Pelidc]
    #19610243 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opium: blending pods vs. slicing for latex? [Re: s240779]
    #19617297 -

Thanks a lot guys, I think I've got my answer.


--------------------
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."

"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."

"All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Smoked my first opium of 2007 MycoCakeEater 608 4 05/13/07 07:31 PM
by Equally_Diverse
* Opium first time, need someone experienced.
( 1 2 all )
runawayjim 6,624 31 01/18/05 08:49 PM
by ShroomOmatic
* "opium"
( 1 2 all )
cApTaInCrAp 33,933 23 03/18/07 04:29 PM
by JunkFood
* Extraction of Opium Mushie_Man 1,987 9 01/11/05 04:48 PM
by TinTree
* Just tried Opium.
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
License_to_Chill 6,207 83 12/06/05 06:06 AM
by Stonerguy
* My last Cup-O-Opium Tea for a while. Knightmare 1,687 10 06/24/06 06:44 PM
by AliceDee
* opium lovers come here TROUBLE202007 1,202 6 02/17/07 06:42 AM
by TROUBLE202007
* My friend is willing to quit Opium. Knightmare 1,279 4 06/16/06 04:53 PM
by Knightmare

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,671 topic views. 0 members, 10 guests and 150 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.