Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Olympic propaganda
    #19566764 -

I've noticed a lot of pro-American/anti-Russian propaganda from NBC's coverage of the 2014 winter Olympics.
I've tried pointing it out to my wife but she thinks it's not a big deal.
Even before they events started I stated seeing a lot of anti Russian sentiment coming from the American press.
I'm I the only one who has noticed this? Maybe I'm just being too critical, I'd like to know other peoples thought on this issue.

I think that the Pro-American/Anti-Russian propaganda might have something to do with Syria and sculpting American minds to thinking that Russia is our enemy/rival.


--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.



AMU Q&A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #19566774 -

Actually it has to do with Russia http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-awful-stories-you-havent-heard-about-winter-olympics/ (they have sources for everything)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: NotTheDevil]
    #19566873 -

wow russia is fucked up


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: maynardjameskeenan] * 2
    #19566908 -

Conditioning Americans to consider Russia an enemy, if not necessarily an active threat, predates the Olympics by many decades.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: NotTheDevil]
    #19566922 -

NotTheDevil said:
Actually it has to do with Russia http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-awful-stories-you-havent-heard-about-winter-olympics/ (they have sources for everything)



#5- sodomy laws exist in the us
#4-  Detroit residents displaced by corporate interests
#3- No bid contracts in the US
#2- "Sochi Will Be the Most Unfun Olympics Ever for Visitors"- this reads like propaganda, have you seen what the first winter Olympics looked like?
#1- "about one every 11 seconds—are put down in U.S. shelters each year"

The US is no more morel then anyone else...


--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.



AMU Q&A

Edited by maynardjameskeenan (02/14/14 03:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #19566932 -

maynardjameskeenan said:
NotTheDevil said:
Actually it has to do with Russia http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-awful-stories-you-havent-heard-about-winter-olympics/ (they have sources for everything)



#5- sodomy laws exist in the us
#4-  Detroit residents displaced by corporate interests
#3- No bid contracts in the US
#2- "Sochi Will Be the Most Unfun Olympics Ever for Visitors"- this reads like propaganda, have you seen what the first winter Olympics looked like?
#1- "about one every 11 seconds—are put down in U.S. shelters each year"

The US is no more morel then anyone else...



I'll deal with the others in a minute, but your #1 is way different than what russia did, its out in the open. The russian government said they weren't going to kill them and then did it anyway.

Quote:
Last year, controversy arose when Sochi authorities announced that they would rid the streets of stray pets before the Olympics started by rounding them up and murdering them. They relented from this due to the bad publicity, then apparently turned around and did it anyway while no one was looking.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-awful-stories-you-havent-heard-about-winter-olympics/#ixzz2tL7mtSy9




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: NotTheDevil]
    #19566970 -

I understand national-pride and rooting for the home team.
When the Olympics were held in Vancouver I don't remember the commentators talking shit about Canada.
I thought the whole thing was supposed to be about goodwill towards men and sportsmanlike conduct...
If someone invited you to dinner you wouldn't talk shit about that person and their house-
We are guests in Russia, It makes me cringe some of the things I've heard from the press and the commentators.

I wonder if when you watch the games in Canada, it's a pro-Canadian circlejerk as well?
I don't get Canadian TV so I have no idea :shrug:


--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.



AMU Q&A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #19566989 -

maynardjameskeenan said:
I understand national-pride and rooting for the home team.
When the Olympics were held in Vancouver I don't remember the commentators talking shit about Canada.
I thought the whole thing was supposed to be about goodwill towards men and sportsmanlike conduct...
If someone invited you to dinner you wouldn't talk shit about that person and their house-
We are guests in Russia, It makes me cringe some of the things I've heard from the press and the commentators.

I wonder if when you watch the games in Canada, it's a pro-Canadian circlejerk as well?
I don't get Canadian TV so I have no idea :shrug:



Don't know about Canadian TV either. But Canada's not as blatantly anti-freedom or homophobic as Russia, nor does it have the history with the US that the former capital of the Soviet Union does.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #19567035 -

Toothpaste bombs!!!

Saudi terrorist attacks!! Zomg!

Russia is a sovie wasteland!

I don't know why some Americans still hate Russians so much, sure maybe their government sucks too but I think most people in Russia are like us, normal people trying to get by.  I don't hate russins, I think some things about Russia are pretty cool, I've met cool russians before. So what?  I think their venue is working and I watched some cool events on TV.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: Shins] * 2
    #19567061 -

All of these athletes are fucking amazing, I don't care which county they come from.
I love watching sports, I love watching the Olympics, It's a shame to me to us this as a tool to trick people into disliking anyone.
Russian Olympians ≠ Russian government!


--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.



AMU Q&A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #19567089 -

"Coca-cola invites you to enjoy the Olympics"

more propaganda going on than national politics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: maynardjameskeenan] * 1
    #19567095 -

maynardjameskeenan said:
NotTheDevil said:
Actually it has to do with Russia http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-awful-stories-you-havent-heard-about-winter-olympics/ (they have sources for everything)



#5- sodomy laws exist in the us



Quote:
The law was rendered unenforceable nearly a decade ago by a United States Supreme Court ruling,



Quote:

#4-  Detroit residents displaced by corporate interests


Tough shit.  If you don't repay your loan you lose your collateral
Quote:
#3- No bid contracts in the US



Yeah, so? 
Quote:

#2- "Sochi Will Be the Most Unfun Olympics Ever for Visitors"- this reads like propaganda, have you seen what the first winter Olympics looked like?
#1- "about one every 11 seconds—are put down in U.S. shelters each year"



So how many have you adopted?  I have 3
Quote:
The US is no more morel then anyone else...



A morel is a mushroom but if you think that life in Russia is anywhere near as free as in America you need to do two things.  Get therapy and move there.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19567152 -

Just fyi there have been Some sochi photoshops of russian hotels...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: Apostle] * 2
    #19567178 -

I don't much care.  Russia is a much bigger shithole than any Olympics will reveal.  Ask Pussy Riot.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19567184 -

Yea i just think it's funny cause the first few pics where real then it became a joke and people still believe it.

Theres one with the electrical panel in the shower...that's a shoop.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: Apostle]
    #19567222 -

My dad told me that one of the rings didn't light at the opening ceremonies or something, and the lead tech was found in his hotelroom fallen on a knife after Putin stormed out of town.  Is this true?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #19567484 -

There are issues with the olymipcs though, I would know.  Governments often go on wild spending sprees and certain insiders get rich.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Olympic propaganda [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #19567488 -

moonrockmushy said:
My dad told me that one of the rings didn't light at the opening ceremonies or something, and the lead tech was found in his hotelroom fallen on a knife after Putin stormed out of town.  Is this true?




The olympic tourch failed to deploy properly in vancouver last olympics.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 5 ring circus - anti olympic documentary focused on Vancouver 2010. PDU 585 6 11/24/09 11:36 PM
by akira_akuma
* Iraq banned from olympics Complex 768 6 07/25/08 12:29 AM
by TheFakeSunRa
* World’s biggest McDonald’s restaurant is coming to the London Olympics
( 1 2 all )
skyekitty 3,182 28 06/27/12 08:16 PM
by Synth Ethics
* Olympic Village Sex Fest: Athletes Tell All In ESPN Report That Reveals 70,000 Condoms Isn't Enough Playful Hate 1,302 7 07/14/12 01:56 PM
by Patlal
* The 2012 London olympic games begin this weekend!
( 1 2 3 all )
Soulidarity 2,923 40 07/26/12 01:08 PM
by lasdR
* Shroomery Olympics?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 16,501 199 12/09/05 09:34 PM
by Banez
* Propaganda on Inhalants Ravus 2,626 16 06/14/05 10:27 PM
by nitroguy
* All the gold in the world could fit in two Olympic Size pools
( 1 2 all )
TheFakeSunRa 4,388 26 02/17/12 09:52 PM
by WakeboardrB

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,596 topic views. 5 members, 39 guests and 178 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.