Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Shameless the Showtime series
    #19444328 -

Shameless is a hilarious show that I highly reccomend you guys check out. Its funny because a lot of the issues they deal with are so common in real life. The Dad is a raging alcoholic/drug addict who has 5 kids that he neglects. The elder sister is basically responsible for the household. Anyways if you haven't seen it check it out. If you have seen it what do you think about it? Who's your favorite character?

I like Frank :wink:

Any other good showtime or HBO series I should watch? I just renewed my subscription.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: SexyBeezy123]
    #19444381 -

I used to watch that show, but then I stopped having cable and had forgotten about it until now.  It was pretty damn entertaining, William H. Macy's character was hilarious and the daughter who keeps everything together was very likable and gorgeous.

Don't watch any series now, but I download Game of Thrones episodes after they air. :yesnod:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: SexyBeezy123]
    #19444418 -

Shameless is my favorite currently running show.

I love it, I was hooked from the first time I saw it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: TrentBoyett] * 1
    #19444429 -

I really liked the british one but couldn't get into the Showtime series.  It just irked me that they saw the need to Americanize it, it seemed to lose it's edge IMO.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #19444433 -

I don't really like the British version, I tried watching it once and just couldn't do it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: TrentBoyett]
    #19444933 -

I'm the same way... I started with the Showtime version and enjoyed it quite a bit, then tried to watch the British one but i couldn't get into it. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: shroomer17] * 1
    #19444955 -

True Detective on HBO. Just started. Second episode aired tonight. If you're into really dark, eerie, and creepy -- True Detective. Trust me.



May seem like your routine cops and robbers series on the surface...trust me, it ain't.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: Lion]
    #19444974 -

Lion said:
I used to watch that show, but then I stopped having cable and had forgotten about it until now.  It was pretty damn entertaining, William H. Macy's character was hilarious and the daughter who keeps everything together was very likable and gorgeous.

Don't watch any series now, but I download Game of Thrones episodes after they air. :yesnod:



I'm really curious how they are going to do the fourth season. I like the show, but they change an immense amount of information in the series, enough that I can almost call it loosely based, if it weren't for the quality show they've made.

Why I wonder about the next season, is the fourth book excludes many of the more important characters until the next book, in lieu of Sam, Brienne, Jaime, Osha, ect. I feel like they might push book 4 and 5 together in the interested of continuity. They don't like to back track for that show, probably because it would leave too many open questions during the course of the season.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: Nifflerz]
    #19445014 -

True detective huh? I'll check it out tonight. I'm watching Oblivion right now with Tom Cruise. It just became available I think. Pretty good so far.

I like game of thrones too. True Blood is my favorite though me thinks


--------------------

Edited by SexyBeezy123 (01/19/14 10:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #19445047 -

moonrockmushy said:
I really liked the british one but couldn't get into the Showtime series.  It just irked me that they saw the need to Americanize it, it seemed to lose it's edge IMO.




havent seen the showtime one but the UK version was fantastic, in the US they
seem to tone a lot of shit down, watched a few episodes of wolfred from the
US and australia and there was a huge difference in the quality of humor

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: SexyBeezy123]
    #19445106 -

SexyBeezy123 said:
True detective huh? I'll check it out tonight. I'm watching Oblivion right now with Tom Cruise. It just became available I think. Pretty good so far.



Caught some of Oblivion the other day. I want to start it from the beginning and watch the whole thing. Looked pretty interesting.

If you check out True Detective hopefully you can start out from episode one -- they're probably going to rerun episode two all week. If you have on demand or HBO Go I'm sure they got episode one on there.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: Nifflerz]
    #19487093 -

This thread got me watching the show... I'm a few episodes into season 2. It's fucking hilarious that after that chicks dad killed himself no one gives a fuck lmao.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: luvdemboomers]
    #19487119 -

Yeah I know the series is amazing... I saw the first episode of s4 after it was released online but that was like a week before it premiered on TV officially, and it's usually a week between episodes... eh I'll check now. If not I'll check out that true detective show, it looks promising but a little flashy.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shameless the Showtime series [Re: Synthe]
    #19521936 -

on season 3

kev is the shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Showtime being sued over Californication show.
( 1 2 all )
THE KRAT BARON 3,458 26 11/21/07 08:14 AM
by nuGGs
* HBO or showtime? mikeytro 1,208 15 08/21/07 11:06 PM
by meatcakeman
* Anyone play Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion?
( 1 2 all )
NewbieS 3,090 35 02/02/08 11:03 AM
by Baeosistine
* Elder Scrolls: Oblivion RandalFlagg 1,911 19 01/22/06 05:07 PM
by Freeker
* The tv series "Heroes" & "Dexter"
( 1 2 all )
shriek 2,480 30 03/22/07 07:02 PM
by makaveli8x8
* anyone watch Dexter on showtime? TameMe 1,118 12 10/07/07 05:42 PM
by AJ4U
* Oblivion HeadTripVertigo 1,052 12 05/18/06 05:41 PM
by HeadTripVertigo
* What is THE BEST game(or series) you ever played?
( 1 2 3 all )
hoopershroomer 3,655 53 01/07/07 04:29 PM
by MiddleFinger

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
763 topic views. 4 members, 23 guests and 129 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.