Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Juicing
    #19483474 -

Does anyone have any recipes or advice?


When juicing, I feel like I'm drinking straight sugar(which I sorta am) but drinking nothing but greens tastes bad.


I've heard that you're supposed to juice your veggies and blend your fruits.  but that was in a movie.  Her by Spike Jonze.  It was good.


You should go watch it.


Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: tito123]
    #19483520 -

When juicing greens, ALWAYS add ginger and lemon to aid digestion.

At my old work our green juice was

Kale, Romaine, Cucumber, Celery, Parsley, Apple, Ginger, Lemon.

Also, do NOT juice spinach. It contains very high amounts of the antinutrient oxalaic acid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #19483542 -

Does that mean that spinach itself is unhealthy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: tito123]
    #19483660 -

I don't juice, but I blend.  I got a blender for Christmas and I've been experimenting since then.  I usually use water, kale, banana, pineapple, apple, and celery.  Makes a pretty tasty drink and it's pretty damn healthy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: tito123]
    #19483852 -

Beets and beet greens, parsley, broccoli & everything else mentioned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: RedSnapper]
    #19483999 -

My favorite is:

1/2 lemon
inch or two of ginger root
1/2 cucumber
6 stalks of kale
fill up to 16 oz with apple

Apple and carrot make great "filler" juices, meaning you can add shit tons of them and they won't overpower the flavoring of the juice.  Things like lemons, kale, ginger, beets are a bit stronger and I use less of them.  Some are in the middle like orange, cucumber, and pear.  Just fuck with recipes, you'll find something you like.


--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: tito123]
    #19485111 -

tito123 said:
I've heard that you're supposed to juice your veggies and blend your fruits.  but that was in a movie.  Her by Spike Jonze.  It was good.



Fruits contain soluble fiber and especially soft insoluble fiber, which I've heard is more appropriate for humans' digestive systems (and is indeed the only type of fiber we need) than the tougher fiber of leaves, which is insoluble fiber only.

EdibleStereos said:
When juicing greens, ALWAYS add ginger and lemon to aid digestion.



I've heard that greens boost stomach acid, so your advice seems misguided.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: s240779]
    #19485211 -

Greens, especially broccoli, contain large amounts of some acid, forget which one.


Honestly OP, I think it sorta depends on whether your doing it for the taste, nutrition, or both. I pretty much solely juice for the nutrition as I dont have that much time to be cooking veggies. The other day I juiced a bundle of asparagus, a ton of quickly blanched kale, 3 zucchinis, and a whole lemon lol. I was kind of being an idiot with the lemon though, I just wanted to know how sour it would be. It was absolutely terrible and made me feel sorta sick. So ya, stay away from the whole lemons:crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: tito123]
    #19485638 -

From a post i made on here long ago. I havent juiced in a while, after going on a 10 day juice fast really. I liked this recpe

1/2 beet
1 carrot
5 stalks asparagus
1 stalk lemongrass
2 cloves garlic
1 tomato
1/8 cabbage
1 stalk kale
1/4 mango
1/2 apple
1/2 orange

Juice, then add to blender, including: 1 banana, 2 heavy scoops of plain yogurt.

blend, drink, blastoff.


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: s240779]
    #19485950 -

Da2ra said:
tito123 said:
I've heard that you're supposed to juice your veggies and blend your fruits.  but that was in a movie.  Her by Spike Jonze.  It was good.



Fruits contain soluble fiber and especially soft insoluble fiber, which I've heard is more appropriate for humans' digestive systems (and is indeed the only type of fiber we need) than the tougher fiber of leaves, which is insoluble fiber only.

EdibleStereos said:
When juicing greens, ALWAYS add ginger and lemon to aid digestion.



I've heard that greens boost stomach acid, so your advice seems misguided.




I was once chef of a restaurant that was organic raw vegan. So huge on juicing and blending. I've read a lot into the actual science of food, and which foods are better cooked/uncooked, nutrient bio-availability, etc. and not what "gurus" claim, as many health gurus are full of horse shit. Try it yourself. Green juices are hard to digest. Green smoothies even more so. Lemon helps break down the greens, ginger just overall helps digestion of anything.


@OP. Spinach isnt necessarily unhealthy. However much of its nutrients are NOT bio-available  due to the oxalaic acid. And can cause kidney stones in those susceptible to them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #19486126 -

EdibleStereos said:
I was once chef of a restaurant that was organic raw vegan. So huge on juicing and blending. I've read a lot into the actual science of food, and which foods are better cooked/uncooked, nutrient bio-availability, etc. and not what "gurus" claim, as many health gurus are full of horse shit. Try it yourself. Green juices are hard to digest.



Indeed, it was David Wolfe who I heard it from (read it, actually). David Wolfe seems like a charlatan because he gives an overwhelming amount of recommendations for anything health related and because he charges money for almost all of his information -- even his forum, located on thebestdayever.com. I've been avoiding his information these days.

But it's a well known fact that juice barely utilizes the stomach's digestive energy, so I think you have no idea what you're talking about when you say that straight green juice is hard to digest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: s240779]
    #19486148 -

David Wolfe is a fraud.

He came to the restaurant I worked at for its grand opening, and he is straight addicted to raw cacao. And then some people spotted him coming out of a mcdicks.:thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #19486185 -

:laugh2:

I don't know, though, I mean he's the only popular altrnative medicine guy I know of who openly speaks positively about psychedelic drugs, -- including LSD, in his article, 'Overgrow the Government', and LSD isn't even naturally-occurring, so in the field he's in, that's pretty bold. Arguably, that's just to draw people like us in, haha.

And he seems to be intently engaged in the most cutting edge alternative medicine stuff there is, for example, listen to him speak up in the following short video on ORMUS:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: s240779]
    #19486285 -

Da2ra said:
:laugh2:

I don't know, though, I mean he's the only popular altrnative medicine guy I know of who openly speaks positively about psychedelic drugs, -- including LSD, in his article, 'Overgrow the Government', and LSD isn't even naturally-occurring, so in the field he's in, that's pretty bold. Arguably, that's just to draw people like us in, haha.

And he seems to be intently engaged in the most cutting edge alternative medicine stuff there is, for example, listen to him speak up in the following short video on ORMUS:






I honestly didnt know he supported the use of psychedelics. I really only know of his culinary/nutritional claims and such.

I'm looking up the monoatomic gold info. Seems it is the new colloidal silver. People are mentioning they claim the gold is a superconductor, which I believe is untrue. As room temp superconductors have not been discovered, and a room temp superconductor would be a massive technological discovery that would completely change the face of modern technology. So if this stuff really was a super conductor, the scientific community would be all over it.

I'll let you know what I conclude once I finish looking this stuff up more. Do you take it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #19486302 -

also, that video isnt of david wolfe.:tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #19486335 -

I know. I said David Wolfe speaks up during the video.

Never taken it, but I'm open-minded about it. There are many testimonials published by people who've taken it, written and video.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: s240779]
    #19486365 -

Da2ra said:
I know. I said David Wolfe speaks up during the video.

Never taken it, but I'm open-minded about it. There are many testimonials published by people who've taken it, written and video.




Ah okay, I thought you said the video was him.

I dont know about it though, here is a claim made he made.

Quote:
These elements are antipodes, or they’re female, so they’re antipodes to the male energy. The way that the great alchemists have always understood the female and male energies of the Earth itself is that the Earth, the soil and dirt and lava, is female. And the sun is male and the atmosphere is male. Where they meet, that’s where you have life.So, if we look at it, we can see that the most male types of elements in the atmosphere are oxygen and ozone. And the most female elements in the biosphere is Ormus. And when they meet, you have hydrogen. That’s how hydrogen is produced or a baby is born. Literally that. It’s literally the baby’s born.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #19486372 -

Heh, if David Wolfe looked like that, he would really seem like a charlatan.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: s240779]
    #19510653 -

Been on a green smoothie kick for the past month, feel healthier than ever :-) will share recipes later


--------------------
Utwiddle.net

In order to act like a king, one need only treat everyone else like one.

BUMP THIS THREAD EVERYTIME YOU SEE IT

Join the Anarchy Camp!  Down with Oppression!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Juicing [Re: TheMovement]
    #19517671 -

The best nutrition expert I know is Gary roberts. He wasn't suppose to come back and play in the Nhl but he changed his diet after neck injury and surgery and played another ten years, he does the diets for professional athletes around the world.


Moving on,
I've never felt so clear,  so good as I do after juicing veggies. Add some carrots and beats to it for energy and that feels better than any preworkout. It's like a natural high. If your a pothead you'll feel less burnt. Just do a variety of vegetables

I usually eat the fruits


--------------------
Im only aloud to post once an hour. Because 'Sell Your Soul' doesn't like me. so if I am responding to you, that means you are above of the utmost importance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Alternative medicine and depression
( 1 2 all )
OJK 4,671 27 09/08/05 05:06 PM
by dblaney
* Juice addiction Irradiated_Feces 1,147 11 10/07/05 01:29 PM
by Irradiated_Feces
* cleanliness of lemon wedges that you get in your water
( 1 2 all )
bodynotdead 1,835 23 03/16/08 01:59 PM
by Mickalopagus
* Re: Hydrocodone and Grapefruit Juice/ 2D6 Inhibitor??????
( 1 2 all )
T0xic69 11,773 22 07/05/05 08:32 AM
by T0xic69
* Minimizing weight loss during juice fasting, and will the weight come back? freddurgan 1,175 6 08/10/07 09:52 PM
by browndustin
* . z_x_x_z 3,827 19 01/01/07 07:17 PM
by browndustin
* Alternative to cutting? StickyWater 2,089 17 10/11/07 08:43 AM
by MK Ultra
* Juicing *DELETED* Epigallo 845 7 03/04/07 10:33 PM
by eligal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,442 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 19 queries.