Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Saltwater Aquariums
    #19077136 -

Hey, guys!

I've always loved aquariums. Throughout the years, I've kept many betta fish, had goldfish ponds, and had countless terrariums. Saltwater tanks have always interested me, but I've never attempted them.

Anyways, a friend of mine offered me his 10 gallon reef tank for free. It's got two types of coral, a hermit crab, and a snail in it. With it being so small, it shouldn't be hard to tend to. But I'm concerned about transferring it from his house to mine (about a 30 minute drive up the mountain)

So, do any of y'all keep reef tanks? Any tips?

(Sorry for the rambling post, I'm feelin' goooood)


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #19077153 -

I don't know a thing about saltwater aquariums but



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: WScott]
    #19077163 -

Love that song, man.

It's been a minute since I've jammed to any Zeppelin.


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #19077165 -

Use to. Loved nano reefs (ten gallons and under) coolest one I had was a reef with the only inhabitant being a gonodactylus smithii mantis shrimp. Fun fact they are just as intelligent as octopi.

Do you know how to do the water changes and measure salinity?


--------------------
FREE BURKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: Mescalean]
    #19077176 -

Mescalean said:
Use to. Loved nano reefs (ten gallons and under) coolest one I had was a reef with the only inhabitant being a gonodactylus smithii mantis shrimp. Fun fact they are just as intelligent as octopi.

Do you know how to do the water changes and measure salinity?



Are the water changes different than FW tanks?


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: Mescalean]
    #19077178 -

Mescalean said:
Use to. Loved nano reefs (ten gallons and under) coolest one I had was a reef with the only inhabitant being a gonodactylus smithii mantis shrimp. Fun fact they are just as intelligent as octopi.

Do you know how to do the water changes and measure salinity?



octopi are intelligent?


--------------------
Peace Pot Micro-Dot God Loves You High or Not!!!
In order to grow old and wise, you must once have been young and dumb!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: jboredone]
    #19077202 -

Well I would consider an invertebrate with mad problem solving skills very intelligent.

Go buy a hydrometer. You need specific salt from a fish store.

Google the exact salinity measurements. I cant remember


--------------------
FREE BURKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: jboredone]
    #19077208 -

:threadjack:


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: mpd]
    #19077216 -

Also ask him how much live rock he has it should be 1lb to 1.5lbs per gallon of water. Strong lighting is important for corals. Metal halides are the best.


--------------------
FREE BURKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: Mescalean]
    #19077458 -

Salt water tanks are extremely cool but are much more difficult and expensive to maintain than fresh water tanks. I'd look into this thoroughly before taking one on.
My wife had one for about 3 years but eventually got tired of the incredible amount of work involved in keeping it healthy & we found it a new home.

In fact I was just think the other day of maybe getting her a small fresh water tank..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: shimmeringtrance]
    #19077481 -

shimmeringtrance said:
Salt water tanks are extremely cool but are much more difficult and expensive to maintain than fresh water tanks. I'd look into this thoroughly before taking one on.
My wife had one for about 3 years but eventually got tired of the incredible amount of work involved in keeping it healthy & we found it a new home.

In fact I was just think the other day of maybe getting her a small fresh water tank..




Look into dwarf pufferfish dude. Women think theyre cute and theyre interesting fish. Mean little fuckers too. Completely freshwater


--------------------
FREE BURKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: Mescalean]
    #19079278 -

Mescalean said:
shimmeringtrance said:
Salt water tanks are extremely cool but are much more difficult and expensive to maintain than fresh water tanks. I'd look into this thoroughly before taking one on.
My wife had one for about 3 years but eventually got tired of the incredible amount of work involved in keeping it healthy & we found it a new home.

In fact I was just think the other day of maybe getting her a small fresh water tank..




Look into dwarf pufferfish dude. Women think theyre cute and theyre interesting fish. Mean little fuckers too. Completely freshwater



I totally support this idea. Puffers rule!


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Saltwater Aquariums [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #19079920 -

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Mescalean said:
shimmeringtrance said:
Salt water tanks are extremely cool but are much more difficult and expensive to maintain than fresh water tanks. I'd look into this thoroughly before taking one on.
My wife had one for about 3 years but eventually got tired of the incredible amount of work involved in keeping it healthy & we found it a new home.

In fact I was just think the other day of maybe getting her a small fresh water tank..




Look into dwarf pufferfish dude. Women think theyre cute and theyre interesting fish. Mean little fuckers too. Completely freshwater



I totally support this idea. Puffers rule!



A ten gallon tank is too small for a fish


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* anyone keep a saltwater tank?
( 1 2 all )
boO 4,391 36 02/07/05 08:31 PM
by Anjaba
* marine aquarium thread
( 1 2 all )
shirley knott 2,521 36 07/30/05 01:58 PM
by shirley knott
* Ideas for 30 gal aquarium
( 1 2 all )
rawtoxic 4,573 24 05/28/06 01:39 AM
by Gumby
* Aquarium Pictures - Add your own Lun4e 1,024 8 12/20/04 09:47 PM
by 2Experimental
* Aquarium Owners HSIHd 404 1 04/03/07 11:06 PM
by nugjug
* my aquariums!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
boO 4,565 72 01/30/07 10:21 AM
by boO
* saltwater critters shirley knott 937 9 05/30/05 04:37 AM
by boO
* Saltwater Fish Tanks..... Snaggletooth 520 2 05/04/06 09:28 AM
by rod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
570 topic views. 6 members, 21 guests and 137 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.