Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #18496761 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
I'm now a 100% vinyl convert, given the fact that the release was pressed to vinyl.



To me the concept is silly, not everything is worth having on vinyl.

I have a rule, if it's any more than 2xLP it's probably too expensive and/or not worth fiddling with. I also won't spend more than $30, in general.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Robo]
    #18497073 -

Robo Shaman said:
Penguarky Tunguin said:
I'm now a 100% vinyl convert, given the fact that the release was pressed to vinyl.



To me the concept is silly, not everything is worth having on vinyl.

I have a rule, if it's any more than 2xLP it's probably too expensive and/or not worth fiddling with. I also won't spend more than $30, in general.



If I'm going to spend money on a physical format and vinyl is an option, my money will go to the vinyl. If it's only on CD, I'll get the CD. It's pretty simple.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #18497438 -

Some things (to me) aren't worth having on vinyl, just because there is one. When I first got into records my thought process was the opposite, which is probably not uncommon. It's an awesome format, you're excited, etc.

But it may not be "that kind" of album, release, song, genre, whatever. Some things make more sense than others. Casual listening or "less important" releases I stick with digital.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Robo] * 1
    #18499046 -

Casual listening and non-excellent records are for buying in the dollar bin, or on sale If I'm just sort of dabbling in a band, I may not spend 30 on a new record but I'll toss out 1-5 bucks on a used album. It pays off more often than not, and some of my greatest records are from random buck bin pickups. Adds to the collection and you don't really have anything to lose.


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Edited by OZA (07/01/13 08:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: OZA]
    #18500246 -

got some frank zappa and pink floyd on vinyl awww yeah!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: carisonfire] * 1
    #18506757 -

I found today Quicksilver Messenger Service Happy Trails vinyl for only 7 Euros..:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Mikael]
    #18507109 -

I just found a Bach collection at the local goodwill. 3/4 records were in mint shape, for 2 dollars I couldn't pass it up. :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Robo]
    #18508513 -

Robo Shaman said:
I just found a Bach collection at the local goodwill. 3/4 records were in mint shape, for 2 dollars I couldn't pass it up. :laugh:




But you could easily download all 4 records in pristine condition.... :smirk:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #18509149 -

I love vinyl! To my ears it sounds much better than even high-quality digital files. I probably have about 50 records, but the ones that are the pride and joy of my collection are original pressings of Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, Houses of the Holy, Zeppelin I and IV, and Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull. I also have American Beauty by the Grateful Dead, but it is far too scratched to listen to it :frown:


--------------------
You say the hill's too steep to climb, climbing.
You say you'd like to see me try, climbing.
You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb, the hill in my own way
Just wait a while, for the right day
And as I rise above the treeline and the clouds
I look down hearing the sound
of the things you said today

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: TheLostName]
    #18510366 -

I want a psychobilly collection. The Hillbilly Moon Explosion is bloody good. Just cleaned a pile of black metal records, they sound really good now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: usulpsychonaut]
    #18510920 -

I have Workingman's Dead and Wake Of The Flood by the Grateful Dead on its way! So pumped


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: OZA]
    #18545454 -

One of the coolest vinyls I have. Kurt Vile - Wakin on a Pretty Daze
http://imgur.com/a/U5aKq


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: OZA]
    #18633630 -

Got me a Jefferson Airplanes Surrealistic Pillow.
Oldies but goldies :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Mikael]
    #18634086 -

oh yeah! i grabbed the GZA Liquid Swords chess box set that came out on record day earlier this year. The Bronx IV was the last one i picked up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Mikael]
    #18634973 -

Nice!! I need Surrealistic Pillow. That may be my next buy.

I've got Youth Lagoon - The Year of Hibernation on the way right now.


http://www.fatpossum.com is having a sale right now. 10$ for single LPs, 15$ for double. Worth a look


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Mikael]
    #18641963 -

Mikael said:
Got me a Jefferson Airplanes Surrealistic Pillow.
Oldies but goldies :mushroom2:



noice.

i wanna get a vinyl player.
i've a friend who collects them and i've heard this at his place before.



imagine guys... this on vinyl. the fidelity and clarity and natural tones of the LP... of the electronic composition of a thousand voices.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: akira_akuma]
    #18727900 -

Picked up:
Allman Brothers - Live at the Fillmore East
Tangerine Dream - Ricochet

:awecid:


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: OZA] * 1
    #18728066 -

Tangerine Dream on vinyl; sickk!!!! :highfive:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: akira_akuma]
    #18728906 -

I've recently started collecting vinyl.

So far I've got:
1. Captain Murphy-Duality ((OMG RARE LIMITED EDITION OMG WOW)) lol
2. Ol' Dirty Bastard-Return to the 36 Chambers


--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/spacexgnome

Edited by Synogenn (08/19/13 06:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who else collects vinyl? Hell yeah!! [Re: Synogenn]
    #18728934 -

ODB, nice... his first album there, is a classic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My New video capture card! HELL YEAH =) Cow Shit Collector 929 4 12/16/02 04:07 PM
by Cow Shit Collector
* Hell yeah Harbinger 385 0 01/23/04 10:10 AM
by Harbinger
* MAJOR VINYL SCORE! Prodijal_Son 825 4 10/21/03 12:12 PM
by gnrm23
* Custom Window/Door/Sticker Vinyl for trade MilkyMedia 1,538 13 12/08/04 11:49 PM
by BrAiN
* Vinyl blaze2 714 4 02/09/05 03:56 PM
by BrAiN
* places to buy trance vinyl online sherm 666 6 03/05/04 01:56 AM
by automan
* Vinyl shops in Oakland/Macomb County Michigan? DNKYD 377 0 01/27/05 08:04 PM
by DNKYD
* movie collection ihavefingers 1,158 4 02/16/04 08:43 PM
by DannyT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
6,445 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.